**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champions of different rarities gain power at different rates

2»

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I hope we get an official response on this but I wont hold my breath.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I hope we get an official response on this but I wont hold my breath.

The offical answer (from support) was already posted. Power gain differs by rank.

I just tested it. A 6* rank 2 sabertooth took 12 hits to get a full bar of power. A 6* rank 1 annihalus took 13 hits to get to one bar. A 5* rank 1 scorpion took 13 hits to get one bar of power.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    Big thanks to @Kabam Miike for shedding light on this for us! Now all we need is for base power gain rate of each champion to be visible as a stat where crit rate, crit damage, etc. are shown in game. 😈 For real though, full credit where it’s due!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

shame how they hided this thing until now...

If they were truly hiding it, Miike wouldn't have said what he said.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Hey Everybody,

We’ve talked to the team about what’s going on here, and we have an explanation for you.

There is no difference in Power Rate between different rarities (4-star vs 5-star), but there is a small increase in Power Rate across Ranks (Rank 1 vs Rank 2).

A Champion’s Base Power Rate is the power that they gain when hitting the opponent, or being struck.

For each Rank your Champion progresses, the Base Power Rate is increased by 5%. So any Champion at Rank 1 has a Base Power Rate of 1.00, while any Champion at Rank 2 has a Base Power Rate of 1.05.

This also means that a 4-Star Champion at Rank 5 has the same Power Rate as a 5-Star Champion at Rank 5; and a 3-Star Champion at Rank 1 has the same Power Rate as a 6-Star Champion at Rank 1.

Here’s the breakdown:
    Rank 1: 1.00
    Rank 2: 1.05
    Rank 3: 1.10
    Rank 4: 1.15
    Rank 5: 1.20

This has been the case since the launch of the game, and was initially put in place to make Ranking Up higher rarity Champions more valuable to players.

We hope this information answers your questions on this mystery.

This is helpful, @Kabam Miike. Thank you for providing it.

Dr. Zola
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Hey Everybody,

We’ve talked to the team about what’s going on here, and we have an explanation for you.

There is no difference in Power Rate between different rarities (4-star vs 5-star), but there is a small increase in Power Rate across Ranks (Rank 1 vs Rank 2).

A Champion’s Base Power Rate is the power that they gain when hitting the opponent, or being struck.

For each Rank your Champion progresses, the Base Power Rate is increased by 5%. So any Champion at Rank 1 has a Base Power Rate of 1.00, while any Champion at Rank 2 has a Base Power Rate of 1.05.

This also means that a 4-Star Champion at Rank 5 has the same Power Rate as a 5-Star Champion at Rank 5; and a 3-Star Champion at Rank 1 has the same Power Rate as a 6-Star Champion at Rank 1.

Here’s the breakdown:

This has been the case since the launch of the game, and was initially put in place to make Ranking Up higher rarity Champions more valuable to players.

Are you going to change it for 6* champs? Bc this means 6* R 2 get 15% less power than 5* R5 which is a lot
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Hey Everybody,

Here’s the breakdown:

Are you going to change it for 6* champs? Bc this means 6* R 2 get 15% less power than 5* R5 which is a lot
    It also means that rank 2 5*s get 15% less power gain than rank 5 4*s. This is how it has been since forever, and mans that when you get your 6*s up you will see comparable. So why would they change it now?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Here’s the breakdown:

Basically what kabam mike said in the other thread
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    Seraphion said:

Here’s the breakdown:

I am reviving this ancient thread but I am confused. I’ve seen different star champs dont gain power any slower or faster than other star champs but I see the comment “ This also means that a 4-Star Champion at Rank 5 has the same Power Rate as a 5-Star Champion at Rank 5; and a 3-Star Champion at Rank 1 has the same Power Rate as a 6-Star Champion at Rank 1. “ and it appears to state a 6* would have a faster power gain rate ? @Kabam Miike

For corvus this really stinks haha.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    ChuckD05 said:

Seraphion said:

Here’s the breakdown:

I am reviving this ancient thread but I am confused. I’ve seen different star champs dont gain power any slower or faster than other star champs but I see the comment “ This also means that a 4-Star Champion at Rank 5 has the same Power Rate as a 5-Star Champion at Rank 5; and a 3-Star Champion at Rank 1 has the same Power Rate as a 6-Star Champion at Rank 1. “ and it appears to state a 6* would have a faster power gain rate ? @Kabam Miike

For corvus this really stinks haha.
    6* champions do not intrinsically have a higher combat power gain rate. A 6* rank 1 has the same power gain rate as a 5* rank 1 and a 4* rank 1 and a 3* rank 1. A 6* rank 2 has a higher power gain rate, but identical to a 5* rank 2 and a 4* rank 2 and a 3* rank 2.