**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    edited August 2017
    Hype is easy if u know how to fight him

https://youtu.be/kwDSA7Yr8Ic
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Nobody should be nerfed, ever. All well and good to say make this champ weaker so you can beat him easier, but what happens when you pull that champ in a crystal? "Why isn't this champ more useful?"
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Nobody should be nerfed, ever. All well and good to say make this champ weaker so you can beat him easier, but what happens when you pull that champ in a crystal? "Why isn't this champ more useful?"
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited August 2017
    Guess u dont have any champ to counter power. And guess duped hyperion in spite node. Then we will c who cry & who dont cry. Dont worry this will come real soon.
  • Options
    JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    Then is your fault for not knowing how to fight hyperion.
    You can bait his specials easily. You can power lock/drain him, you can nullify, etc

First you dont know me. 2nd, you dont know what champs I own or dont own. 3rd, if AI wants you to die, all the baiting in the world will not make him use his special.

When you create a thread like this one I obviously know that you don't know how to fight Hyperion.
    He doesn't need a nerf. You just need to learn how to bait his specials

Obviously you cant read or comprehend well. I said nothing about a nerf. I do believe I was referring to a specific set of Hyperion(act 5) that doesnt take the bait until you die. I wish you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus would read and comprehend before responding
  • Options
    If you are going to keep Hyperion with a ridiculous amount of power gain, at least make him fight instead of hiding behind block the entire match and using nothing but L3 specials. Fighting 15k Hyperions in act 5 that does nothing but hide behind block in very much a cheap shot bordering on a cheat on the part of the game. I guess its a coincidence that the 2 champs that wouldve dealt with this easily got nerfed.

Gotta learn how to bait and fight Hype. Easy champ to fight if you know how. Nerfs aren't the way to go, 12.0 proved that

I didnt say anything about a nerf. I referred to a specific Hyperion
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Then is your fault for not knowing how to fight hyperion.
    You can bait his specials easily. You can power lock/drain him, you can nullify, etc

First you dont know me. 2nd, you dont know what champs I own or dont own. 3rd, if AI wants you to die, all the baiting in the world will not make him use his special.

When you create a thread like this one I obviously know that you don't know how to fight Hyperion.
    He doesn't need a nerf. You just need to learn how to bait his specials

Obviously you cant read or comprehend well. I said nothing about a nerf. I do believe I was referring to a specific set of Hyperion(act 5) that doesnt take the bait until you die. I wish you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus would read and comprehend before responding

That hyperion use specials just like any another hyperion with the same AI.
    I know what I'm talking about. You just need to know how to bait specials from him. You need to be open right in front of him, and evade in the exact moment he is about to attack you
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Dont worry peeps hyperion will be nerf very soon!
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Idk how people get Hyperion to use specials so much but whenever I'm fighting him, he literally just sits there holding his block waiting for his L3. Doesn't matter if I rush and hit his block, or if I don't block while I'm right next to him. He does nothing. And then I see videos like the one above where he keeps popping specials as soon as it's available without the fighter doing anything
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Hyperion power gain is ridiculous. Doctor strange was nerfed because of this. The cycle will complete itself, we will get a hyperion change because we need it badly.

A good solution for this is to stop his power gain at special 2 and make him earn his special 3 thru regular hits.

Doctor Strange was not nerfed because of his Power Gain. I've mentioned this before.

Adora? Mike? Kabam Wisdom?
  • Options
    If you are beating Act 5 with 3 stars without dying, you are either a serious cheater or spender. Either way your game AI plays totally different from mine. A 3/30 DS doesnt even do enough damage to beat some of those champs in the allotted time without dying.
  • Options
    Super_fighter1Super_fighter1 Posts: 48
    edited August 2017
    Lol, for yal people who say " oh, you don't know how to bait/fight," plz kys, because i guarantee you got you're ass kicked in arena/AQ/AW/Quest/or duels at least once.

Also Hyperon needs a fix. He gains to much power while still blocking.
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Lol, for yal people who say " oh, you don't know how to bait/fight," plz kys, because i guarantee you got you're ass kicked in arena/AQ/AW/Quest/or duels at least once.

Also Hyperon needs a fix. He gains to much power while still blocking.

U wanna tell me we r perfect all the time against mordo, dorm, spideys and hyperions? We sometimes lose against some champs but not cuz those champs r OP and can't be beaten! Sometimes we slip off, game lags, receive a phone call, etc... But the fact still is that all champs r beatable easily if u play well
  • Options
    Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
    Just an FYI, the power drain/power lock randomness from SW isn't the point. The point is that she crits often enough that she's the best option to Nullify the power gain when he receives the buff. THAT is what makes her so powerful against Hyperion.

Personally I'd add Thor and Hulk to the list of champs with counters, because Thor with a couple of armor breaks and some lucky stuns can just power through him, while Hulk can keep him easily stunlocked and it won't even matter if he reaches his L3.
  • Options
    ScorpiodsuScorpiodsu Posts: 21
    There are good suggestions to beating him here that do work for the most part. He is most difficult in AW on a power gain node or one that reduces the chances for things like nullify to work. Sometimes you can bait all you want but the power cycle starts so fast and before you know it he's already at level 3. I think the biggest problem with him is the frequency of the power gain cycle. But it's a matter of seconds apart and for champs like Vision or CW to power drain him, by the time you get your special up (hit him to get your special so he's gaining power from that and his buff) he's already at the point where he won't take the bait.
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    To everyone trying to help him, he doesn't want help. Just wants to cry. So, offer him a shoulder and not solutions.

He wants a 5* Rank 5 Hawkeye to keep the power gain at ease
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Idk how people get Hyperion to use specials so much but whenever I'm fighting him, he literally just sits there holding his block waiting for his L3. Doesn't matter if I rush and hit his block, or if I don't block while I'm right next to him. He does nothing. And then I see videos like the one above where he keeps popping specials as soon as it's available without the fighter doing anything

You have to switch up your baiting tactics, certain actions increase the chance of him using specials. It just takes practice go to the global leaderboards and spend a few minutes fighting hyperions there. I find the rapid hit block once evade back and repeat method is the most consistent but you might find something else that works better
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Sungj wrote: »
    Sungj I dont need a Hyperion coach. I can beat any arena Hyperion that pops up as well as in AQ/AW. For you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus. I specifically said the Hyperions in Act 5. Those SPECIFIC Hyperions do not take the bait. Now with that being said, again, maybe its just MY act 5. I'm not a money spender so my game is never problem free, i don't have all these new and great champs either. Hell, I haven't had a phc drop since Dec 2016. It is what it is. He just don't take the bait until after I die once or twice.

If you'd like I'll send you a video of me taking out a couple act 5 hyperions with 3/30 strange or a couple other older champs I did the first 2 chapters of act 5.2 with 3 stars and 3/30s just for a challenge and I'm sure there is a hyperion or two in those chapters. I didn't mean to offend you if thats the way you took it, I'm not an great player by any means and its just rng with baiting but with certain strategies you can almost guarantee he throws specials. I can say with almost 100% certainty your act 5 is not different from anyone else, the act 5 AI might be different from AQ/AQ AIs so you might just have to adjust your baiting tactics to suit this AI

Go find another church to preach to. Im not buying (removed by mod) youre saying. Move around

Okay now you're just trying to complain and be a bit of an ass, if you are having lots of trouble baiting act 5 hyperions whom have super agressive AIs so they actually bait easier than obviously you aren't that great at the game yet. Some people are actually giving you good advice but you don't actually want the advice you just want people to agree with you to validate your opinion. You don't have to buy the (removed by mod) I'm saying cause I went through act 5 without dying once to a hyperion so it seems my strategies are more effective than yours. Why did you even post on the forums if you don't want peoples advice it just sounds like you are whining and just want to kabam to make content easier so you can actually handle it when tons of other people have gotten through it without much difficulty
    Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on
  • Options
    Sungj I dont need a Hyperion coach. I can beat any arena Hyperion that pops up as well as in AQ/AW. For you self proclaimed Hyperion gurus. I specifically said the Hyperions in Act 5. Those SPECIFIC Hyperions do not take the bait. Now with that being said, again, maybe its just MY act 5. I'm not a money spender so my game is never problem free, i don't have all these new and great champs either. Hell, I haven't had a phc drop since Dec 2016. It is what it is. He just don't take the bait until after I die once or twice.

If you'd like I'll send you a video of me taking out a couple act 5 hyperions with 3/30 strange or a couple other older champs I did the first 2 chapters of act 5.2 with 3 stars and 3/30s just for a challenge and I'm sure there is a hyperion or two in those chapters. I didn't mean to offend you if thats the way you took it, I'm not an great player by any means and its just rng with baiting but with certain strategies you can almost guarantee he throws specials. I can say with almost 100% certainty your act 5 is not different from anyone else, the act 5 AI might be different from AQ/AQ AIs so you might just have to adjust your baiting tactics to suit this AI

Go find another church to preach to. Im not buying **** youre saying. Move around

Okay now you're just trying to complain and be a bit of an ass, if you are having lots of trouble baiting act 5 hyperions whom have super agressive AIs so they actually bait easier than obviously you aren't that great at the game yet. Some people are actually giving you good advice but you don't actually want the advice you just want people to agree with you to validate your opinion. You don't have to buy the (removed by mod) I'm saying cause I went through act 5 without dying once to a hyperion so it seems my strategies are more effective than yours. Why did you even post on the forums if you don't want peoples advice it just sounds like you are whining and just want to kabam to make content easier so you can actually handle it when tons of other people have gotten through it without much difficulty

Why is you still talking? Get a life and stfu
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Gwenpool, AOU vision, OG vision, hood, dormammu, scarlet witch, ghostrider, iceman, psylocke, stark enhanced spiderman, green goblin, magik, dr voodoo, punisher 2099, dr strange, loki, yondu and rogue all to some degree have mechanics that counter hyperion. Hyperion especially in quests when you know you are going to fight him is very easy. Practice baiting and not holding block near him so he uses his heavy and he will be very simple to fight

He doesn't want solutions, much like all of the other complainers on this forum, he wants to cry until they nerf him.
  • Options
    MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    This was a Hyperion on a power gain node in war... you just gotta get good bro ls7cmmfxb5nu.png
  • Options
    All these co signers and sac riders should read before they talk. I never once said anything about a nerf or not knowing how to fight Hyperion. I will say again. If he is going to have ridiculous power gain, then he shouldnt be allowed to hide behind block. Just because you can bait him everytime, that isnt the case with everybody. The ONLY time I have a problem with him taking the bait is in ACT5 when he refuses to take it no matter what until after I die, then he fights and take baits. I just fought a match in ACT5 and couldnt move backwards for at least 5 seconds. So for all you smart, degree in marvel having, allowance and paycheck spending, never lose because youre great, roster full 5/55 having people should know, its not my playing ability its the game.
  • Options
    MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    Try using magik
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    wray1976 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Hyperion power gain is ridiculous. Doctor strange was nerfed because of this. The cycle will complete itself, we will get a hyperion change because we need it badly.

A good solution for this is to stop his power gain at special 2 and make him earn his special 3 thru regular hits.

Doctor Strange was not nerfed because of his Power Gain. I've mentioned this before.

Adora? Mike? Kabam Wisdom?

Funny. No, I've had the same conversation with the same individual.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! There's some brilliant advice in here for taking on Hyperion, but this thread has slowly become less and less constructive, so I'll be closing it down.
This discussion has been closed.