**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

King Groot bugged interaction with WAR node 26 (Masochism)

Hello All,
I have been fighting with Void and totally owning King Groot in all kinds of contexts including AQ7, so I'm definitely sure there is something wrong here.
I'm in War Grade 4 fighting against an unduped 6* King Groot on node 26. I know how masochism works and I know how King Groot's purify works and none of these applies here.
I think I understood what happens but I would like confirmation from the devs: when masochism is not in cooldown AND King Groot has furies on him AND King Groot receives a debuff he will purify said debuff through masochism as usual BUT he will also purify another existing debuff removing one of its furies.
Now I'm sure this is not the intended mechanic of King Groot's purify because it specifies "Each time King Groot receives a Debuff, he shrugs it off after 0.5 seconds at the cost of 1 Fury Buff". If the debuff is already on him he should not be able to shrug it off and in fact this DOES NOT happen if he has masochism on cooldown and it did not happen at all until recently.

Since it's the second time I get a timeout with a 6*R2 duped Void (yes, I'm lucky with pulls), I have all recorded on tape!
I have the full recording of the fight and I can share it with the devs if required.

These are the links to the videos where the bugged mechanics is visible:
https://youtu.be/heIMoQFnyu0
https://youtu.be/x80FMc6R5_U
https://youtu.be/x80FMc6R5_U

(before you shout, I run towards the SP1 to get the permanent armor break to heal through willpower ;) )

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    So first a reminder.

The debuff removal from furies is independent from haivng furies. If you have zero furies when you receive a debuff but have them when the timer to remove the debuff happens, you will still lose the debuff. Not fully relevant but could be in some of these cases.

So this is what it looks like happens. (the bug)
    You receive a debuff, masochism removes it, but it is not stopping the innaite ability of groot, so he is removing another for the cost of a fury at the end of the timer. They should have a check after masochism triggers to stop the KG fury timer.
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163
    Lormif said:

So first a reminder.

The debuff removal from furies is independent from haivng furies. If you have zero furies when you receive a debuff but have them when the timer to remove the debuff happens, you will still lose the debuff. Not fully relevant but could be in some of these cases.

Nope. The debuff removal IS EXACTLY depending from having furies, as clearly stated in the passive ability description.

There is no timer for the furies, the timer is the cooldown of masochism. If he gets a debuff when the fury is there, he purifies. That's it.
    Lormif said:

You receive a debuff, masochism removes it, but it is not stopping the innaite ability of groot, so he is removing another for the cost of a fury at the end of the timer. They should have a check after masochism triggers to stop the KG fury timer.

Nope again. His ability is NOT to purify an existing debuff but rather to purify it when "he receives it". So no way for KG to get rid of a debuff he already has.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

So first a reminder.

Nope. The passive ability is EXACTLY depending on him having furies, as described in the passive ability text.

He has two timers: cooldown of masochism and cooldown of the fury "relaxation".
    Lormif said:

Nope again. KG passive is purifying when he receives a debuff, he has no way to purify Debuffs he already has when furies come.

Try that in normal fights when masochism is not there and you will see.
  • Options
    rischio said:

Lormif said:

So first a reminder.

Nope. The passive ability is EXACTLY depending on him having furies, as described in the passive ability text.

He has two timers: cooldown of masochism and cooldown of the fury "relaxation".
    Lormif said:

Nope again. KG passive is purifying when he receives a debuff, he has no way to purify Debuffs he already has when furies come.

Try that in normal fights when masochism is not there and you will see.
    1) the ability requires him to have furies at the time the purify happens, not at the time the debuff happens. You do not lose the fury until the debuff is removed. this is a good thing as it prevnts you from losing a fury to a debuff that was removed by something else (like masochism)

2) Incorrect, watch the video, masochism is purifying a buff that is received THEN KGs ability is purifying another debuff.

Video 1) masochism eats a parry/stun, then his ability eats your petrify
    Video 2) masochism eats whatever intimidating presences puts on, then his ability eats your fatigue
    Video 3) Same as video 2.

it is defiantly a bug, as it should not be doing this, in each of these cases masochism eats a buff then kg eats another because it did not stop his timer.

• Options
    So it ate my first on a simple spelling error I was trying to correct, so I will post it again, though it will come back I am sure in an hour or 2

1) The system works this way, as described. You get a debuff, a timer starts, after the timer expires you lose the debuff and 1 furry. It does not matter if you have the furry when the timer starts, as long as you have the furry when the timer ends. This is a good thing because it should stop the champ from losing a fury if the debuff is stripped from something else. You will not lose the fury until you lose the debuff.

2) KG is not purifying when he receives the debuffs, masochism is. The problem is the timer for KGs ability dose not stop, as it should, once the buff has been removed by masochism, so after the timer runs out it purifies the next debuff. He does have an ability to purify when the furies come, if it is still within the .5 seconds as stated above, but these debuffs have been on longer than that so he should not be purifying them (hence the bug) you can see it in the videos

vid 1) masochism eats parry/stun, later kg purifies petrify.
    vid 2 and 3) masochism eats the new IP debuff, KG later kills the fatigue.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I think I get your theory. Anyway it's bugged! :smile:
  • Options
    rischio said:

I think I get your theory. Anyway it's bugged! :smile:

agreed.
  • Options
    I hope to hear from an admin now. ;)
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Hi all,

I already ask about that problem and still waiting for Kabam to answer and clarify the masochism mechanics, especially with King groot or other purifying champions => https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158649/question-about-masochism#latest
  • Options
    Hey there, we'll pass this along to the rest of the team to take a look at.
  • Options

Great Zibiit, your speed exceeded my expectations! Thanks.
  • Options

@Kabam Zibiit the issue is back. Fought King Groot this morning and saw him shrug off existing debuffs while activating his ability and the masochism node. I would appreciate if you have them look into it again.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Good post. This bug happens with Korg defenders on that node too. Masochism can shrug off one intimidating presence debuff. And Korg’s rock stacks can purify the debuffs when his rock armor is active.

But ... you can make intimidating presence debuffs stick when (1) masochism is in cool down and (2) Korg’s rock stacks also are in cool down.

The problem on this node (I have posted about this before) is that Korg will purify ALL of the debuffs that were stuck to him the next time masochism triggers. That should not happen, IMO.
  • Options

The problem on this node (I have posted about this before) is that Korg will purify ALL of the debuffs that were stuck to him the next time masochism triggers. That should not happen, IMO.

same thing that happens with King Groot. There is something wrong with how the node works. You can check out my videos in the first post to see what I mean.