**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If someone permanently gives their account away...

Let's say someone doesn't want to play anymore and permanently gives away their account to a friend. Will that friend be banned for account sharing, even though they would be the new permanent account holder?

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Account sharing is when someone plays in another person's account.
    So yep, he would be ban
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Let's say someone doesn't want to play anymore and permanently gives away their account to a friend. Will that friend be banned for account sharing, even though they would be the new permanent account holder?

You're not allowed. They can be banned, yes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Good to know.
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    they really don't care they have more important things to do
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Actually, I don't know if this has ever been addressed before. Technically, this seems to fall into the letter of the law regarding account sharing, but technically speaking when a parent creates an account for their child to play, that also falls into the letter of the law regarding account sharing. I suspect that if it is always a true statement that there is one and only one player of the account Kabam isn't going to actively pursue that situation.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Did they ban the certain MMX member who was one of the first legends and sold his account?
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    420sam wrote: »
    Did they ban the certain MMX member who was one of the first legends and sold his account?

who is this
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »

who is this

If you don't know, we can't tell you.
  • Options

who is this

The forum is not a place for calling people out. But you could check any external sources if you really wanted to know.
  • Options

who is this

The forum is not a place for calling people out. But you could check any external sources if you really wanted to know.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Actually, I don't know if this has ever been addressed before. Technically, this seems to fall into the letter of the law regarding account sharing, but technically speaking when a parent creates an account for their child to play, that also falls into the letter of the law regarding account sharing. I suspect that if it is always a true statement that there is one and only one player of the account Kabam isn't going to actively pursue that situation.

There was a Post this week with a similar situation, and it was regarding a ban. I believe it falls under Sharing. Whether it will be immediately or not, I believe it can.
  • Options
    Correct, you cannot transfer or resell the account. The Terms of Service are available here.

The link is also at the bottom of each forum page.
This discussion has been closed.