**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unnecessary Censoring

I have noticed that the game is unnecessarily censoring words that are not even vulgar, for example i tried to type in the word "exchange" into the alliance chat and it was censored. This issue has been continuing for quite some time now. Please fix this kabam.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It censored me saying champ this morning, made me spell it out letter by letter and then censored m, I don’t see the point in it tbh, you can still get swears through by using weird letters like ū and ç, they should just completely remove it imo
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    It censored “Guillotine” for me more than once now ._.

I can’t even say the name of a champ in game in chat lol
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 567 ★★★
    Bill C-16 added the words “gender identity or expression” to three places.

First: It was added to the Canadian Human Rights Act, joining a list of identifiable groups that are protected from discrimination. These groups include age, race, sex, religion and disability, among others.

Second: It was added to a section of the Criminal Code that targets hate speech — defined as advocating genocide and the public incitement of hatred — where it joins other identifiable groups.

Third: It was added to a section of the Criminal Code dealing with sentencing for hate crimes. If there’s evidence that an offence is motivated by bias, prejudice or hate, it can be taken into account by the courts during sentencing.

So not a law that makes Kabam responsible if someone writes a "bad" word.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    @Belfigor2 Kabam’s HQ in Canada but the major shareholder is Netmarbles. Thus it is a Korean companies.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The 3rd largest shareholder of Netmarbles is Tencent....btw.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll pass it along and look into the handling for Champion names.
This discussion has been closed.