Over zealous censor in alliance chat

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 489 ★★★
Ok .. this is a bit excessvie, Kabam, please look into this and fix ... you're making it impossible for us to communicate to our battle groups, by having such strict censors functioning within alliance chat.

I can understand that censors in global .. but I'm sorry, DO NOT CENSOR alliance chat .. period ... you're overstepping your bounds there.

Here's a classic example:

I tried to send the following msg:

"Need you to clear that lane"

That's it ...
and bam .. censored:

"#########################"

seriously, Kabam .. WT actual F ??

*sigh*
smh

(and you wonder why people need to use LINE or some other tool .. )
so sad.

Comments

• MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,346 ★★★
    Once again, “Jane Foster” got censored for me yesterday when I was in a dungeon.

• Now they are censored phone numbers too. Ridiculous
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,450 ★★★
    Improving our in-game chat filters is a continuous process and we'll be sure to look at examples like you've shared to see where we can do a better job. Thanks for the report and sorry for the confusion here.
    edited August 22

Improving our in-game chat filters is a continuous process and we'll be sure to look at examples like you've shared to see where we can do a better job. Thanks for the report and sorry for the confusion here.

This is a video from yesterday 8-20 in a dungeon.

Nothing vulgar, just a question about how to use a hero.

iPad 6th gen
    Latest MCoC and iOS versions

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 869 ★★★
    edited August 22
    What’s crazy is when I type in alliance chat the following
    “#########################”
    It gets censored. Great it’s censored here too lol

Joking aside, there are some words that definitely don’t need to be censored. I get that even in private chats you could still have “teens” and that could be the cause, but words that are IN the game already shouldn’t.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 558 ★★★
    The game chat is so messed up it funny. I can say f#$%ing just fine. "But" gets censored. Its so bad my active alliance goes 3 or 4 days without posting in the alliance chat. Its not worth the aggravation. We only use Line app now. It would be great during dungeons to chat but the censor makes it near impossible if u cant even type a champs name without it being blocked.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 158
    I was trying to explain for a dungeon node not to let the defender "touch" you at all. that got censored.
  • The_WatcherThe_Watcher Posts: 108
    MikeHock said:

This is a video from yesterday 8-20 in a dungeon.

Nothing vulgar, just a question about how to use a hero.

iPad 6th gen
    Latest MCoC and iOS versions

It censors CapIW or IMIW for me so it will definitely censor that misspell of Morningstar. It would definitely be nice if the champs name are at least whitelisted.
    Re: the 3 post above

Not sure why “mourningstar”would be censored .... even though i used the wrong spelling of her name.

And yes, the word *but* is censored a lot even when used in the proper context.
    8-23 in a dungeon chat

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 489 ★★★
    Another chat in "Private" chat ...

it censored the word: "t4s" ... as in: "need more t4s" ..

O.o

can't even talk about the game now ... it censors that .. *sigh*

once again, this solution would be easy if you just didn't censor private chat ..
    Just keeping this in the front page another couple days .. I feel this deserves more attention ;)

Maybe we should start a petition: "Keep Kabam out of private chats!" LOL
  • StrStr Posts: 429
    The main advantage from stopping everything is that they can't be sued. Lol. Which is a real risk. It's a shame when poorly executed censorship means basic communication. No matter what they say, people in global can still get around it easily. Better to invest in ai chat bot to understand and monitor games in the long run that have this i think we'll be there before we see 2020 out.
    Str said:

The main advantage from stopping everything is that they can't be sued. Lol. Which is a real risk. It's a shame when poorly executed censorship means basic communication. No matter what they say, people in global can still get around it easily. Better to invest in ai chat bot to understand and monitor games in the long run that have this i think we'll be there before we see 2020 out.

Again, I can understand your point for *global* chat ...

however, I'm trying to focus more on *private* *one-on-one* chat ..
    this is with somebody who has accepted my friend invite ..
    this is with somebody who can easily remove me as a friend ..
    censoring chat there makes zero sense ... none
    Kabam does not belong in my *private* chats.
    Meanwhile, this was in the global chat last night. A curse word that starts with F