**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystique Character Discussion

In this discussion, I want to hear what abilities/synergies you guys think a Mystique champion.

This popped in my head, but since she can be anybody she would be able to pass through any class or champion gate in the game. what do you think?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    She will surely have mirror image ability and for limited rime she'll share debuffs with her opponent
  • KobeLivesKobeLives Posts: 44

I think Sp1 or Sp2 should allow her to change her look to opposing champion and copy all of their animations, buffs and special attacks until they lose their combo

That's kinda pointless. She could morph into a random champion while performing special attacks.
    Copying buffs is a good one
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    plus that's a new romance synergy for valentines day. her and magneto
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    She is a very good spy, perhaps give her abilities in AW like scouter lens mastery if she is on your team? Her abilities allow her to bypass opponents security measures so how about increased block penetration and armor break (or have her attacks ignore armor). She seems like a good candidate to be an evade champ also. That’s a decent kit there if you put some minor abilities in specials and synergies.
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171
    If they put her in there people with low end devices will complain about lag and refuse to get a better device.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

I'm very interested to hear how you like to see Mystique work in-game.

I see her transforming into her opponent for 10 seconds for an sp1, and maybe a preflight ability to choose from the other team members you brought to transform for the sp2 for a limited time as well
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★
    Y_T said:

Mystique may be the most requested Champion out there, but we haven't found a way to implement her that does justice with the technical limitations of Mobile Devices. For instance, allowing her to transform into Different Champions is very difficult, and could cause issues on many older/lower-end devices. Loading up Character Models is no easy feat for some Mobile Devices, and the more your Device is asked to load, the worse that strain is. Adding Ghost Rider's Motorcycle was one of the most impressive things that our team had done at the time!

We also hear that she could copy buffs/abilities of the other Champion, but that isn't very true to the source material. While we do have the ability to take some creative liberties here, that one personally just doesn't seem right to me... Besides, Rogue already does that in the Mutant Class!

Well if she transformed to the opponent the models would already be loaded surely??? A special ability that allowed her to copy the opponent for a limited amount of time would be cool :)

Also out of curiosity, why was GR's motorbike a challenge? It just appears on the SP3 right? Isn't that just a pre rendered animation with some areas for the opponent to fit in?
    I think they mean because its the first time they brought in extra models during attack sequences that weren't already onscreen which is true. He was the first lol.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Mystique can't copy other people's powers, her shapeshifting is purely cosmetic, so I really don't get why people want her in the game.

A Super-Skrull that can actually copy other powers, I could understand...
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    This is by far one of the most interesting threads I have read in a while so... I will leave also my personal opinion.
    Keeping in mind Miike's comment I will focus on the idea of "light loading" on Mistique's side.

"Copying" feature would in fact turn into a Morningstar's "soul eating" similar functionality that would allow her to have persistent charges. At the start of a path she would be able to steal all the positive buffs a mutant adversary would activate on himself and place back on the adversary any negative debuffs she would have. For instance, fighting with X-23 when X-23 would gain "regenerate" that buff would be removed from X-23 and applied to Mistique. If X-23 would inflict a bleed that bleed would be removed and placed back onto X-23. Of course this should be triggered by a specific action - for instance a heavy or an intercept.

So initially she can only "copy" adversaries of the same class. If she has a second enemy from another class (let's say science) at the end of the fight, if she wins she would also have "copy-ing type" abilities over "science" enemies. And for future science encounters she should remove buffs from enemies and place back the debuffs (as explained above). Maybe also a set of missions during the second fight will allow her to copy "science" before winning the fight. For instance 3 successful heavies would turn the copy ability on.

This will allow her to have a "construction over time" against all classes, basically making her more powerful after a set of fights not just one.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

Technically I think she should be able to replicate some basic buffs and debuffs like fury and bleed depending on who she shifts into
    In a realistic term, fury would definitely be physical strength and mystique can shapeshift anyone including their physical attributes (mainly this)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

If I remember correctly, Mystique copies others' physical appearances, whereas Morph can copy both others' appearances and abilities/powers.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★

I think Sp1 or Sp2 should allow her to change her look to opposing champion and copy all of their animations, buffs and special attacks until they lose their combo

Imagine transforming into Ebony Maw. The fight would never end
  • AlexMiloAlexMilo Posts: 57
    I was thinking that maybe all (or just some) champions could be put into curtain smaller groups, and then a group is picked by a prefight ability. For example, if picking a True Strike prefight ability, you will become one or that groups champions at random; KM, Heimdall or Venom etc, in a certain time frame following a special 3.

Other than that as others have also mentioned I’d suggest to have her “just” turn into the enemy she is facing, which should already be loaded.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 616 ★★
    If loading character models is such a strain, it could be worked in like a pre-fight ability based on who you have fought up to that point in game.... for example if you've just fought Vision you get the option to stay as mystique or play as vision for the next fight. If you've fought several champs to that point in the quest you get the option to stay as Mystique or choose to play as any of those past champs for the duration of the fight - there's only the need to load 1 character model per fight then, not necessary to have her change models multiple times per fight.
    Just my thought on it!
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    not an ability useful by the player, but she could be used in quests by showing the pic of another champ .. then when you go into the actual fight .. well . it's not that champ . ;) (kinda like the ? does now .. but you might not realize it's mystique .. not storm ... )

(I'm referring to when she's an AI controlled opponent in a quest .. not used by the player)
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    dot_ditto said:

not an ability useful by the player, but she could be used in quests by showing the pic of another champ .. then when you go into the actual fight .. well . it's not that champ . ;) (kinda like the ? does now .. but you might not realize it's mystique .. not storm ... )

(I'm referring to when she's an AI controlled opponent in a quest .. not used by the player)

That could be cool. Like if Kabaam came out with a monthly event quest and the boss showed someone else but was really her
  • dumplingiidumplingii Posts: 2
    i think it could be interesting if she could change classes like from mutant to mystic. tho i dont really know how this would really help except maybe like 5.3