**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chat Filter needs to be improved

Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
I've been scrolling around global chat, and it's always got it's fair share of trolls and bots, but ever since the pandemic, more trolls have taken it upon themselves to spew racist remarks. I feel like it's damaging the game's safe atmosphere since lots of people could be impacted by their statements. A solution to this would be to make the chat filter stricter, to filter out all the discriminatory speech. Examples of such speech:
[Photos removed as per forum rules]

I hope everyone is staying safe!

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Kabam didn’t invent the block button for no reason 😑. I can agree there is a big handful of these people that don’t stop bammstraight, those 2 other guys in you’re photos, etc.And so what you should see noob global which is by far even worse.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Kabam didn’t invent the block button for no reason 😑. And so what you should see noob global which is by far even worse.

I mean I did block a few of them, but you shouldn't just be content with ignoring the problem. Dealing with the problem would improve the MCOC community. Blocking the player wouldn't help everyone else, but improving the filter would prevent any of this.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    If the kabam censors don’t censor the proper things really think a new filter would work.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Not only a block button, but you have the option to turn it completely off. Global isn't useful for a vast majority of the players.
  • Hey there, the team is always working to improve the filters in chat. Addidionally, if someone has said something inappropriate, you can click on their icon in chat and click "Report User" to submit a report about what was said.
This discussion has been closed.