**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• 狼行天下狼行天下 Posts: 39

This feeling is too bad
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

This feeling is too bad

thats one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
  • what's bothersome is why kabam hasn't even acknowledged these threads and have gone back to their old ways of ignoring everything they aren't ready to discuss leaving the player base on read and the feelings associated with that.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Lizer0119 said:

I assume they will end up nerfing So-Sayeth-Doom a bit, and giving only 1 prompt every 17 seconds instead of 2. Definitely a jump in difficulty, but yeah it allows more skilled players with lower prestige an opportunity to get some t5cc and less skilled players with higher prestige can just continue to collect top 5 ranks rewards. Doesn't exactly even out, but it's a better way of making AQ/prestige so pay to win, in my opinion.

What a prestige hater. Smh
    You have an answer for acid wash so sayeth doom modifiers day 2 map 7?
    you won't have that, the doom mod is only 1 day, it's not a 5 day global
    mydnight said:

And first time in 3 years, I've itemed out and cannot finish my path. Hey, @kabam, r u listening to me? I'm on degen paths in map 6 and it's impossible with F4 champs. I don't have corvus and cannot do the timeout 3 time trick.

I know I'll be banned or something for this, but frankly, **** YOU! This is the most **** that you've ever pulled. You tell me how many great matchups a KM or KG on degen there are?

Oh, btw, I got double intercept like 3 **** times with my non-F4 champs. Thanks a lot!

Retirement or stepping down to 4*5 is where I'm going.

#F2PDEAD

Probably should also say something to whatever idiot officer put you on degen path without corv, they must REALLY hate you
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Lizer0119 said:

I assume they will end up nerfing So-Sayeth-Doom a bit, and giving only 1 prompt every 17 seconds instead of 2. Definitely a jump in difficulty, but yeah it allows more skilled players with lower prestige an opportunity to get some t5cc and less skilled players with higher prestige can just continue to collect top 5 ranks rewards. Doesn't exactly even out, but it's a better way of making AQ/prestige so pay to win, in my opinion.

mydnight said:

And first time in 3 years, I've itemed out and cannot finish my path. Hey, @kabam, r u listening to me? I'm on degen paths in map 6 and it's impossible with F4 champs. I don't have corvus and cannot do the timeout 3 time trick.

I know I'll be banned or something for this, but frankly, **** YOU! This is the most **** that you've ever pulled. You tell me how many great matchups a KM or KG on degen there are?

Oh, btw, I got double intercept like 3 **** times with my non-F4 champs. Thanks a lot!

#F2PDEAD

Probably should also say something to whatever idiot officer put you on degen path without corv, they must REALLY hate you
    Your point has nothing to do with my question. You didn't answer it and you brought up the obvious about it being a modifier for one day. It can be a modifier for day 1 through 5 or you can pick it all five days What logic were you using when pointing that out?

Lizer0119 said:

mydnight said:

#F2PDEAD

Your point has nothing to do with my question. You didn't answer it and you brought up the obvious about it being a modifier for one day. It can be a modifier for day 1 through 5 or you can pick it all five days What logic were you using when pointing that out?
    You can run SSD all 5 days? I never start aq, I didn’t realize that. But acid wash probably voodoo, aa, kg are your best bets

Lizer0119 said:

mydnight said:

#F2PDEAD

You can run SSD all 5 days? I never start aq, I didn’t realize that. But acid wash probably voodoo, aa, kg are your best bets
    Yes, you can run the same multiplier all 5 days but you get less points if you do that. It shows you the amount of points you will get before you pick it again.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★

This feeling is too bad

and they don't want players to timeout.... smh
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★

#F2PDEAD

Lizer0119 said:

mydnight said:

#F2PDEAD

I've been on degen for 2 years. I volunteered for it. I didn't need Corvus before these **** new nodes.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    A few tweaks came to mind, not done with everything this week obviously but I do think Doom is potentially the worst new global.

1) Bring Doom global to one prompt in the first 20 seconds as opposed to two in 17.
    2) Give a bonus to accomplishing the task. I get that you're taking some of this stuff from the GM fight but when you did something right you got rewarded. The fun part was the bonus, not doing the task lol. In AQ you're doing the task and getting nothing for it.
    3) Take away the 50% atk and health you added on just to make it even more difficult, seems minor but it would help.
    4) Keep in mind you still have other globals every week which can seriously mess with some of this namely counterstrike.
    5) Increasing the energy and reducing to 45 minute refresh on energy is great but when some of these fights need the full 5 minutes on day 1 that's an issue.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Are we seriously gonna get "no comment" on this? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    G2DK said:

What’s up Dal!

3 of us R5’d KG for doom day on acid wash. Was a bummer. BUT, does KG need Man-Thing to be able to shrug everything off at the start of the fight? Or will KG do that on his own?

How's it going sir? Been a minute!

He doesn't NEED MT to do it but MT makes the strategy far more sustainable, especially against HB
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    Tipo said:

One of my team members is leaving. You know what he told me? He said "Talents I did all those rankups on July 4th and Kabam made the game harder for me." He said "we'll never just be allowed to have fun." Thanks a lot Kabam I lost yet another player because you don't test your work.

Why not have the CCP go in and test AQ modifiers? They would've figured everything out in a matter of hours and told you so sayeth doom was a terrible node design. Yet you all are concentrating on a Sabretooth bug that we couldn't even use yet.

This sums it up perfectly thanks.
    The sabretooth synergy apparently was priority because there was a deal today to get Sasquatch. Couldn’t have people spend money on a deal and then change the synergy out post, that would cause a lot of backlash.

Hoping now that’s over we can get a response on these nodes. There’s nothing they can do about it this week but they should figure out fair compensation for the alliances that had to test this content for them. Many of which were unable to complete the maps.
    I’m bringing 5/65 manthing, r3 6* king groot, and AA today. First time ever trying acid wash, wish me luck 🤣
  • HosemaniaHosemania Posts: 18
    Did kabam not listen to all the player complaints about aq and aw? They decided to make it harder. I don’t understand they were thinking. So many people were burned out before they made changes. Then, everyone waited for the new changes to make things better and what we have now is even worse. Seriously what is wrong with this company.

I’m bringing 5/65 manthing, r3 6* king groot, and AA today. First time ever trying acid wash, wish me luck 🤣

Good luck bro. I did it with quake and BWCV was virtually useless.
    Hosemania said:

Did kabam not listen to all the player complaints about aq and aw? They decided to make it harder. I don’t understand they were thinking. So many people were burned out before they made changes. Then, everyone waited for the new changes to make things better and what we have now is even worse. Seriously what is wrong with this company.

I think at this point as players we need to let Kabam know they should no longer release significant end game content without CCP Beta testing it, first. They have proven that they cannot do it themselves at this point and now they have to fix an issue that could've been completely avoided.
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    With such punishing actions, at least give us benefits if we do things right.

These encourage timeout, which is even worse increasing the time of fights to 5 minutes. All the QoL I got from the 4 starting energy and 45 minute timers is gone.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I thought part of the dev diaries that you “heard” us was “quality of life” improvements. The most recent iteration of aq modifiers combined with 5 minute timers is anything but an improvement.

Today we did so sayeth the doom. I had to redo our path charts bc not everyone had champs for the paths they normally take . That took me an hour to redo. And, there are some paths that F4 characters can take, there are others that they cannot. But this global itself seems to go against your stated position was that you didn’t want to limit champ choices. And you didn’t want people timing out forever using Corvus. In reality, if you don’t have thing and torch, the only safe way to get through this global bc of the debuffs you have picked (and their order) is to use Corvus and timeout. And to really improve “quality of life,” it’s now 5 minutes instead of 3 minutes.

I had to rank my king groot to rank 4 today so that one of us could take the acid wash path. Bc of the heal block and other punishing debuffs, that’s the only champ that could “safely” clear. I say safely in quotes bc despite making it through acid wash with no items used, it took me About 1.5 hours for those 4 fights. There are no F4 champs that inflict poison btw.

Then, I had to take the dr strange on caltrops to avoid a different member itemming out (clearly Thing would have been the best option but he didn’t see the aq chart change in time with the champs). I used Corvus so we could get through it. I cleared it, but bc of the new timers, it took me another 30-40 minutes

Then in section 2, I had to redo paths when a mistake was made. RIP another 30 minutes from my life.

I didn’t take starburst, but please tell me who you think should be used. You can’t use ghulk (Or any other regen champ) bc of the heal block from failing one prompt—which is almost guaranteed as I explain below. So the only options are F4 members and potions (there is also a wonderful domino, magik, and dormamu on the path—torch can do dorm/magik fairly well but one limbo or degen and that’s a ton of damage) or again, old reliable Corvus.

I did however have to take th e degen path. That took me another hour or more to clear section 2, bc for the same reasons as stated above, corvus Or my wonderful king groot were the only real options.

Then section 3 was Uber fun. I redid paths again to make sure we cleared. I changed to gimme. Easy enough path...except for that wonderful Heal block. I could do no damage against the defender while I was heal blocked. RIP another hour from my life. Tried KG for Phoenix—the timers didn’t sync of course. I timed out but at least I got her to 16% before finishing the node. The only fast node in section 3 was when I used king groot vs massacre on clapback to save the item 9 player potions. That took only a little over 3 minutes (KG god tier confirmed...)

Then comes the super fun Linked moon knight. I spent 1-2 hours against that moon knight using king groot to make sure people didn’t waste items in aq getting him down.

And your so sayeth the doom node is so broken it’s insane. Use a Special attack came up nearly every time (A lot of times two at once). And intercept was up nearly as much. Intercepting is hard enough. But facing a moon knight that gains power quickly, is then passive on using specials all the having to play super aggressive to keep being able to throw specials, is literary impossible to complete the prompts after awhile. So basically everyone just has to use F4 members (which not everyone has—like me), have champs that can reliably remove debuffs, or spend 30 minutes+ per champ they fight. And even the reliably remove debuffs becomes problematic with concussion. It also seems like aegon is broken bc he was doing almost no damage in aq. So it seems like the weakness is being removed but still applying to him. I will post about that in bugs. There isn’t really an alternative. Once the heal block pops up, it’s mostly game over given the attack level output and difficulty of the AI.

If you insist on keeping this mode, I would make the following suggestions.

1. Get rid of heal block (and don’t add something like falter). Or at the very least move heal block to 4th

2. Change it so it’s one prompt per 17 seconds or 2 prompts per 35 seconds. It’s almost impossible to land 2 specials in 17 seconds. And when specials pop up every time, it’s literally impossible. And landing intercepts is so difficult anyway, let alone the number it takes in that game mode.

3. Lower some of the attacker damage. If you insist on making us intercept in aq, the level of damage output is just too high.

I’m sure I have other things, but I’m so annoyed right now, I can’t think of what else. This was not enjoyable.

I have a lot to say about the new nodes in war, but I’m done for now...
  • Hey all,

We are not ignoring this. We're looking over the feedback, and are already looking at tuning changes we can make, as well as having discussions about more.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Tipo said:

Mike192 said:

DalBot said:

Grub said:

Can people stop using the “you don’t have to use the modifier” excuse? It’s complete ****. Kabam added the modifier for it to be used. The issue (like always), is that they don’t have anyone that plays high level content and tests these nodes.

Literally it would take a single day of one capable person running these paths and globals to tell them it was broken. There is a difference in adding challenging content and adding broken content.

In this case, some of these modifiers are broken and require being reworked. It’s really not that hard. Test your damn content.

They also added tiered rewards for players who do not wish to use the modifiers so players can use those as well.

Broken, no. It’s obviously beyond some people’s capabilities though.
    It's clearly beyond your capability since you yourself are not someone who runs it, just someone who gives a not-so-expert opinion on it that could not be any further from useful.
    Playing So Sayeth day 2 right now. I hear a lot of complaints but saw zero talk about it before it came into effect not sure how much thought people put into this before hand like I did. Granted I have fairly easy paths but if this was discussed before hand I would’ve gladly taken paths from people who didn’t have the counters.

https://youtu.be/vbVTNHv-ZOY

https://youtu.be/IhIzs7PCol4
    This isnt Acid Wash right? I jumped on this post bcuz of that
    Near death 1st couple fights on a super easy path is probably not ideal. So sayeth doom tripled the avg. item use for all of last aq in a day.
    Since you’re interested in my experience.

It was new modifier and my failings weren’t actually due to the modifiers but failing the base nodes/champions themselves partially due to being overwhelmed which is to be expected when dealing with new mechanics but also because I often, for some reason, do that with Aegon and brawl against Angela. It also happened against heimdal, I think the number of buffs present and the way they switch positions on the HuD really gets to me, also didn’t help that brawl and so sayeth have grey timers.

Aegon didn’t much matter, NF still had his second life and Corvus made it through section 2 without taking another debuff before he hit Thing, got lucky not getting something like 2 specials to start which yeah is a problem but something the team i brought could cope with.

I run the encroaching stun in 3 but picked up wasp to take some of the burden off the guy who runs dyb, switched masteries for this, something I never do. Nick took most of the hype linked because he had not died yet, and I wanted to finish before going to sleep. He took 80% just using the gimmie node mechanics against hype.

I then absent-mindedly took carnage linked by dyb. nick ended up getting the full set of debuffs eventually but also shrugged them off after a couple special ones got past the concussion, still a solo though. Nick then took a couple specials to shrug so sayeth earned from carnage while fighting MK. Unfortunately I didn’t record carnage because it was nothing fight unless linked and I didn’t intend to do that.

Yes I used items, 6, those items used on Aegon were a waste. I also planned ahead and bought extra revives and brought champs who could play at low hp and linked while having the ability to switch lanes if needed specifically for this modifier because I anticipated it being a rough learning experience. The items/revives I did use after aegon were on thing and 1 for linked hyperion.

We did fail to complete DYB at hulk though, something I tried to prevent by offering to take the path at the last minute. Unfortunately that message went unread before the path was committed to.

That’s my experience, since you showed an interest.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Bossdog said:

Think there can be some changes to So Sayeth Doom. Starting the fight with 17 seconds to throw a special can be rough. Also it’s unlike the other cross fight ability mod like the stun curse mod where fight 1 of 3 whatever you do in that fight is what goes for the next 2 fights. If you do figut 1 perfect you shouldn’t have to worry about commands for the next 2 fights with that champion. A few tweeks could make this a lot easier to deal with. I’m not the best at explaining what I’m thinking but I’m sure someone can expand on this.

Completely agree with this. Was disheartened when my first fight I picked up only one debuff in a 5 minute timeout. Then came to find out that the next debuff would still appear. I assumed it meant if you picked up one (or more) debuffs, you wouldn’t pick up anymore until after next 3 fights. Still overly brutal with the heal block, but mildly better
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    just play map 6