**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

1789101113»

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    G2DK said:

kconrad37 said:

@Kabam Miike I know it's been said that this Hulkbuster on Acid Wash is being reached with Iron Man after this series is over, but are there plans in the works to compensate people who have had to deal with this dumpster fire of a fight all week? I've had to burn so many items because of it.

it wasn't bugged, so shouldn't be any compensation no, but who knows
    It would definitely be a nice gesture but I don't think it warrants a revive. We choose to run it and I was aware Hulkbuster was bad. I just didn't know the extent of how bad he was.
    I feel like them nerfing everything into the ground is enough of a nice gesture, and HB was easy if you used the right champ
    Who did you use?
    King groot
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

King groot

So your solution is to rank up one champ for one line of one map that might change in the next AQ map, this making that one champ completely irrelevant once again?

That sounds like a horrible plan to me but whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️
    DalBot said:

King groot

So your solution is to rank up one champ for one line of one map that might change in the next AQ map, this making that one champ completely irrelevant once again?

I ranked him before the new modifiers but ya, whats the point of having champs if you don’t rank them for specific purposes.....?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I don't get the attitude of every rankup had to be viable everywhere. What's the point of building an extensive roster without filling some of it with niche rankups? Isn't that kind of the point? You have a core of very good multi purpose champs and then start to surround them with ranked niche champs as you don't necessarily have to concentrate on the core so much from that point.
    I have 29 R5 5*s, 14 R2 6*s, and 6 R3 6*s. Most of them get used occasionally at best but they're there when the need pops up. If a need arises and I don't have a champ ranked to suit it, I try to cover that when I can
  • GIDAMASTERGIDAMASTER Posts: 20

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
    I know you said the game team was working on the changes but can the community have an update on when they will be implemented? Thanks

Bruh, you can't be serious

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/209729/alliance-quests-season-7-5-map-7-and-epic-modifier-adjustments
    Didn’t see it. Thx
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I don't get the attitude of every rankup had to be viable everywhere. What's the point of building an extensive roster without filling some of it with niche rankups? Isn't that kind of the point? You have a core of very good multi purpose champs and then start to surround them with ranked niche champs as you don't necessarily have to concentrate on the core so much from that point.

But for the people that ranked up King Groot its no longer needed. So people basically ranked KG for one week of AQ rewards.

I knew it was being nerfed so I took an L this week and will be right back to my usual AQ spot next week. Didn't have to make anybody rankup. I understand what you're saying though.

But for the people that ranked up King Groot its no longer needed. So people basically ranked KG for one week of AQ rewards.

I knew it was being nerfed so I took an L this week and will be right back to my usual AQ spot next week. Didn't have to make anybody rankup. I understand what you're saying though.
    Highly doubt that is the only time King Groot will ever be useful. He may still end up being the better option here just due to sustainability. Who knows? Just saying that having more bases covered with your roster is never a bad thing even if you rarely use a champ
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

King groot

I ranked him before the new modifiers but ya, whats the point of having champs if you don’t rank them for specific purposes.....?
    Maybe because one champ for one path for one map for one season may not be a great choice, especially when that champ is absolutely toothless everywhere else in the game
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

I have 29 R5 5*s, 14 R2 6*s, and 6 R3 6*s. Most of them get used occasionally at best but they're there when the need pops up. If a need arises and I don't have a champ ranked to suit it, I try to cover that when I can

Not everyone has such an extended roster and thus can afford to rank up their champions for rare use.

But speaking about King Groot specifically, I don't think he's a useless champion at all. His sustainability and the ability to shrug off debuffs can be handy in a variety of issues.
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

King groot

Maybe because one champ for one path for one map for one season may not be a great choice, especially when that champ is absolutely toothless everywhere else in the game
    I agree with this statement. I have no issues ranking up rare champions but KG? I can't cosign that. Now all of a sudden people are going to act like he has all this amazing potential. It's laughable.
    arsjum said:

Not everyone has such an extended roster and thus can afford to rank up their champions for rare use.

But speaking about King Groot specifically, I don't think he's a useless champion at all. His sustainability and the ability to shrug off debuffs can be handy in a variety of issues.
    Every extended roster starts somewhere.

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

King groot

I agree with this statement. I have no issues ranking up rare champions but KG? I can't cosign that. Now all of a sudden people are going to act like he has all this amazing potential. It's laughable.
    Amazing top tier champ? I don't think anyone is saying that. Has some potential utility that other champs don't have? Absolutely.
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

King groot

i mean you may not like him, that's fine, i'm sure you have 5/65 champs that i would laugh at same as you're laughing at KG (who i have a rank 3 6*)
    walkerdog said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

King groot

Hes also been useful for acid wash mysterious. Hes certainly subpar but a few people use him for AQ and act 6 bc he has nearly infinite sustain.
    Carmel1 said:

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

Would you consider to remove void too from the map (the new version of map6)?
    His interaction with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure (and his +300% attack boost) makes him much harder
    I have one question, why are you running map6 with epic modifiers? No offense but those modifiers are probably not meant to be done with map6, they give you what an extra 2-3k t5b? I do not believe that these modifiers should be run any alliance that does not do map7, not worth your efforts imo.
    Unfortunately many Map 6 alliances may have to start running it. It's not worth it, but may have to do it to keep up ranks due to others doing it lol. It's one scenario that my alliance is facing.
    You could just run map 7 without the modifiers or the lower set of them
    We don’t care about rank/milestones. Our prestige is not high enough to compete top45 alliances.
    Our rank is around ~90 and we are fine with that.
    The only reason we are thinking to run the Epic modifier is for the 2% t5cc from honor rewards.
    With how war looks it doesn’t seems we are going to get it from P4 so we need to find other ways to fight for these crumbs in order to stay “relevant” and don’t let the top 45 to increase the gap even more
    I'm confused @Carmel1 how will u top 90 aq but be unable to top800 war?
    I beat act 6.3 over 6 months ago. Plus I have Man thing who is better for acid wash mysterio. Doesn't apply here.
  • any update on the vivified change?

any update on the vivified change?

That already happened when 7.5 started.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    walkerdog said:

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

King groot

Hes also been useful for acid wash mysterious. Hes certainly subpar but a few people use him for AQ and act 6 bc he has nearly infinite sustain.
    Carmel1 said:

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

Would you consider to remove void too from the map (the new version of map6)?
    His interaction with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure (and his +300% attack boost) makes him much harder
    I have one question, why are you running map6 with epic modifiers? No offense but those modifiers are probably not meant to be done with map6, they give you what an extra 2-3k t5b? I do not believe that these modifiers should be run any alliance that does not do map7, not worth your efforts imo.
    Unfortunately many Map 6 alliances may have to start running it. It's not worth it, but may have to do it to keep up ranks due to others doing it lol. It's one scenario that my alliance is facing.
    You could just run map 7 without the modifiers or the lower set of them
    We don’t care about rank/milestones. Our prestige is not high enough to compete top45 alliances.
    Our rank is around ~90 and we are fine with that.
    The only reason we are thinking to run the Epic modifier is for the 2% t5cc from honor rewards.
    With how war looks it doesn’t seems we are going to get it from P4 so we need to find other ways to fight for these crumbs in order to stay “relevant” and don’t let the top 45 to increase the gap even more
    I'm confused @Carmel1 how will u top 90 aq but be unable to top800 war?
    Because our pockets are not deep enough to push in both.
    I've got to say that I've been humbled from Epic modifiers. My alliance isn't quite there to run it all 5 days yet so I think it is mostly a top 30 alliance thing and we're not there yet. I'm not going to reveal how many days we'll run because that will effect my AQ placement for those that know numbers and are top 45 like myself.

How does everyone else feel about the Epic modifiers post update?
  • I've got to say that I've been humbled from Epic modifiers. My alliance isn't quite there to run it all 5 days yet so I think it is mostly a top 30 alliance thing and we're not there yet. I'm not going to reveal how many days we'll run because that will effect my AQ placement for those that know numbers and are top 45 like myself.

The +50% attack and health increase is something folks underestimated. We run map6, but that increase caught us off guard.

I've got to say that I've been humbled from Epic modifiers. My alliance isn't quite there to run it all 5 days yet so I think it is mostly a top 30 alliance thing and we're not there yet. I'm not going to reveal how many days we'll run because that will effect my AQ placement for those that know numbers and are top 45 like myself.

The +50% attack and health increase is something folks underestimated. We run map6, but that increase caught us off guard.
    For me its not the health. Its certain node combinations with map 7 that my guys find it really hard to overcome. In Variation A it is the Mesmerize+prove yourself lane. It takes such a high level of skill only certain people can run it and given the Cascade node which is a Corvus nerf it is pretty tough.