**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I would love to get those t5cc frags, but not worth the headache. My alliance isn't won't be doing them
    Run477 said:

I still can’t get over @Kabam Miike claim that epic modifiers were for only the top 10 aq. That doesn’t even make sense tbh. Epic modifiers have been around for awhile now. Never had issues with them. A little annoying damage from brute force here and there, but stuff you could live with.

Now all of a sudden mike is claiming kabam made a massive change to epic modifiers that they only ever expected a very small number of allies to use without any announcement of that sort? That claim is one of three things.
    1. An after the face justification that is absurd on its face.
    2. 2. Shows kabam has no idea about its own game.
    3. A combination of 1 and 2

(Hint I’m guessing 3)

Bruh, epic modifiers just started this AQ cycle. What are you talking about?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

Just a bit of feedback on these points. This was announced as a mid-season refresh to AQ. What Kabam has done with these modifies are the increase in health and attack comes across as an attempt to knock back certain alliances (almost like a map 8). To suggest that it is meant for top 5 or top 10 alliances does not make sense to me. You are equating prestige with skill. Everybody knows prestige is purchased in this game, not a measure of skill. If prestige were even a little bit skill based, Kabam would not have put timers in Abyss, they would have made it more skill based content. I have completed all content, got screwed on RNG, and therefore couldn't get into a top 10 alliance unless I dropped a ton of cash on this game. Additionally, difficulty scales with prestige, so to suggest that the new map and modifiers are meant to r3 6* is a bit off.
  • Sailord12Sailord12 Posts: 9
    The changes you are making to cascading failure are insufficient. I suggest the following change: all crits that occur during a heavy or special only counter as one crit.

Was the plan with this modifier not to allow any champ that has a multi-hit heavy or special not to be used?

One of the stated goals was to have players use more champs. This modifier is limiting the champs. Not broadening.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sailord12 said:

The changes you are making to cascading failure are insufficient. I suggest the following change: all crits that occur during a heavy or special only counter as one crit.

Was the plan with this modifier not to allow any champ that has a multi-hit heavy or special not to be used?

One of the stated goals was to have players use more champs. This modifier is limiting the champs. Not broadening.

It's a 4 second debuff. Not that big of a deal
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★

Sailord12 said:

Sailord12 said:

Sailord12 said:

Unless you face a void....he devours our health in those 4sec
    Arifutera said:

Sailord12 said:

Sailord12 said:

Sailord12 said:

Unless you face a void....he devours our health in those 4sec
    Bring someone that shrugs the debuffs
    Yeah, use Fury heavy to shrug off debuffs. Get three crits on that heavy against Void. See how long you last.
    Or get 4 crits on your L1 because you can’t punish a parry on ‘one-eye-open’ and enjoy the passive degen.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    I created a post/thread in the bug section but be aware of this bug / 16 icon limitation. This becomes extremely problematic in certain fights like the Thing mini where the So Sayeth Doom icon goes away entirely (for the rest of the fight). Makes it extremely difficult to manage when you try to create your openings to complete a prompt. 17 to 45 seconds will help but still an issue.

https://youtu.be/0MOzYY0chsA
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Sailord12 said:

We had the Cascading Failure modifier today and I do not think it was horribly designed, getting a little tune down is nice to have but imo it was not really the main pain point regarding epic modifiers. I personally took both minis and the boss with Quake, thank you science ascendancy and 5 min timers, and I have completed today without the use of any items.

I am going to suggest using Quake or Corvus, whom I have used alongside HT (has a low crit chance and a MLM play style that is not hindered by the node), or like others have suggested use somebody like NF who shrugs debuffs. I think using champions that have guaranteed crits are very useful against the modifier as you know when you are going to crit, it was a bit of a hinderance on the stun immune path with Corvus but still manageable since you know when you are going to be critting. For instance this node has no affect on Ghost if you simply do not use specials or just use them to end fights.

I have also noticed that lowering defensive AAR also stops the node from triggering as I got multiple crits in with Corvus during the stun and the petrify mastery stopped some of the debuffs. I think using AA will also stop the node completely as well. NF, Quake, AA and Corvus if it is not stun immune using parry ML and dash back, should help with the Void problems you are encountering, just a few suggestions I can make. Hopefully they are helpful.
    Cascading Failure isn't as bad as what the others were, but it's interaction with Void isn't good. The above options are solid, but there is also a debuff immune Void with around 150k health in T2. Just feel that the interaction shouldn't be so bad that you would just lose health for nothing without Fury. Void is a champ that can be faced by anyone if you're being fair. But this node kinda messed it up.
    Also dislike the possible interaction(since I haven't played it) with champs who have multi-hit specials. Like Blade/Claire/CMM. The debuffs are manageable since they'll go in 4 seconds, but passive degen is just loss of health for nothing.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Why is void such an issue? Unless you have nobody in your bg that can run a ghost or g2099 or quake i just don’t get it
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    When are the changes going live?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,815 Guardian
    edited July 2020

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

Would you consider to remove void too from the map (the new version of map6)?
    His interaction with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure (and his +300% attack boost) makes him much harder
    I have one question, why are you running map6 with epic modifiers? No offense but those modifiers are probably not meant to be done with map6, they give you what an extra 2-3k t5b? I do not believe that these modifiers should be run any alliance that does not do map7, not worth your efforts imo.
    Unfortunately many Map 6 alliances may have to start running it. It's not worth it, but may have to do it to keep up ranks due to others doing it lol. It's one scenario that my alliance is facing.
    You could just run map 7 without the modifiers or the lower set of them
    Map 7 requires way more planning and rankups than people are willing to do atm. Plus donations are pretty high compared to Map 6.
    Getting the highest tier of rewards in a game requires more effort? Craziness
    Do you read what you write? Or does it just come out without a filter? You're telling a Map 6 alliance who doesn't have interest in ranking up specific champs to do Map 7. And then telling that we don't want to put in effort. That's literally what I said. That we don't want the extra work. It's not about rewards. It's about staying where we are. Read the convo first.
    No I understand what I posted. You don't have some divine right to tread water when things change. If additional points are added and other are willing to do more to get them, you'll drop in rank. Just how it works
    Again completely missing the point. Read the conversation. Someone was asked why Map 6 alliances are doing Epic Modifiers. So I replied that it was to keep up with other Map 6 alliances that started to run them so that rank wasn't lost. I'm not sure what you're trying to bring in here. You just started with Map 7 and talking about putting in effort without reading previous posts.
    And if those modifiers are too hard for you, don't run them. This isn't terribly complicated
    Didn't say a word about modifiers. Better reply to someone who complained about them than me.
    Also, a valid point was made no matter what you say. Void with 300% attack and Cascading Failure is a stupid fight. If Kabam is willing to cater to Map 7 fights that have specific counters, then doing so for Map 6 as well isn't a stretch. Noone is asking for the entire Map to be remade.
    No idea why you have this sense of entitlement, but whatever. Whenever something you find is easy, people are supposed to feel the same.
    Heavy spam him with Nick, you'll practically never have a debuff on you
    I mean that's what I spoke about specific counters. Not sure what your point is here. Yes we know that certain champs can do it. But the entire point of communication with Kabam is too see if they're willing to make changes. If not, then we have to figure it out and move on. That's literally the entire point of communication.
    I don't see why you have an issue everytime someone raises a problem that they feel can be changed. Be it fight wise or node. Feedback exists for a reason. It was literally one post in a thread about modifiers that you decided to focus on since it isn't an issue for you.

You have tons of combinations of maps and modifiers to attain whatever rank you want. If you decide your not willing to do that to maintain a ranking then that's on you

Then this thread shouldn't exist at all. If people aren't willing to throw all their items to a node that was broken on certain lanes, then they shouldn't run it. Nice logic.

You don't think it's a realistic expectation to have 3 out of 30 people to have a champ ranked up to counter something? That's the problem I have. Yes I have an issue when people want to complete something and then just say no I'm not doing that or no I shouldn't be expected to do that. The whole point of the game is building a roster to get through content whether that be story, AQ, AW, EQ, or whatever. If you get presented a problem in an alliance event then someone has to be able to counter it.

You don't have to throw items at anything. If something is too difficult and you don't have the needed options to counter it, step back and do something easier.
    So one of the fights in question vs void in map6 is a stun/debuff immune fight, with a stun immune nick at the start ( giving you context, i know you havent ever played the "lower" maps) so other than your t3/t1 lanes, you need to bring champs to deal with 2 specific fights on a single lane (plus the global). I usually take that lane with two accounts, and void isnt pretty. I beat him (as i always have), but he asked a question. You should refrain from giving advice withotu playing the map :), we arent giving you advice with your map7 runs.
    EDIT: If we could "git gud" like you we would be giving our entitled opinion while doing map7 with over 100 6*

Why is void such an issue? Unless you have nobody in your bg that can run a ghost or g2099 or quake i just don’t get it

Maybe at higher Map 7 level, these champs are common or people can use them to their max potential, but it's not the same for everyone. I know of 1 person in my BG who has a G99 running her for Flow wars. Ghost user takes another lane and keeps her for war as well sometimes. And everyone isn't good with Quake. I know when you're in a top alliance, everything is easy, but maybe see it from another perspective instead?

Maybe at higher Map 7 level, these champs are common or people can use them to their max potential, but it's not the same for everyone. I know of 1 person in my BG who has a G99 running her for Flow wars. Ghost user takes another lane and keeps her for war as well sometimes. And everyone isn't good with Quake. I know when you're in a top alliance, everything is easy, but maybe see it from another perspective instead?
    But if you're trying to run the hardest maps on the hardest mods, you really think having ONE person bring one of the several counters is unreasonable? Especially since the ideal counter is ghost who's a top champ

But if you're trying to run the hardest maps on the hardest mods, you really think having ONE person bring one of the several counters is unreasonable? Especially since the ideal counter is ghost who's a top champ
    Map 6 isn't the hardest Map. And Cascading Failure isn't the hardest mod. Just saying.
    I'm not saying it's not possible to beat. Again missing the point. Yes one can bring Ghost or the other options. I'm just saying that it's a fight where MOST champs would lose health for nothing. This isn't an issue with a lane or anything. It's just an interaction with a specific champ that can mess you up. Especially with the fact that specials are considered a part of this. So using champs with multiple special hits, who would be good for Void can hurt you even further.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    there are very few counters for void with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure, most of them won't work vs the other nodes. As a "reminder" you bring only 3 champs.

there are different Voids on the map and each one has a different "challenge" that makes it much harder.
    i can talk only about the one i fought (map 6, section3, +300% boost + strike back + degen from genesis node)... only one of his regular debuff, if it takes me 1-2 seconds to get rid of it takes ~40% health. with the genesis node i most time lose ~70% health. this is if i play aggressive... cascading failure doesn't let playing aggressive so i need to choose between void's debuffs or modifier's debuffs

Because you work on this contest before the famous Road-map i want to remind you something else you have promised... that you don't want players to feel like there are only a handful on champions that can counter a specific fight.

Map 6 isn't the hardest Map. And Cascading Failure isn't the hardest mod. Just saying.
    I'm not saying it's not possible to beat. Again missing the point. Yes one can bring Ghost or the other options. I'm just saying that it's a fight where MOST champs would lose health for nothing. This isn't an issue with a lane or anything. It's just an interaction with a specific champ that can mess you up. Especially with the fact that specials are considered a part of this. So using champs with multiple special hits, who would be good for Void can hurt you even further.
    Oh fair, idk the map 6 one i only know the map 7 one. Are people running the epic mods in map 6? But ya, that fight probably has few counters outside of ghost

Oh fair, idk the map 6 one i only know the map 7 one. Are people running the epic mods in map 6? But ya, that fight probably has few counters outside of ghost
    Some alliances are. And unfortunately, that makes the rest have to do so to keep in the Top 250. Just want to stay there lol.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I think the changes were very much needed. I do think the #FF needs to be open to #heroes. I can think of one guy in one bg on one specific map brings Thing. That's the only time anyone ever brings a FF member. Plannning a global to target 4 champs is too few. I also agree Void should be removed from all iterations of map 6 and 7. Void with the Crit epic mod is way too op just like HB was.
  • ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    As most people said, Cascading Failure is not too bad if you are using certain champ like Corvus or ghost. However, most other champ that regular use is different. You can't use multiple Heavy like Hyp becasue you don't know how many times that heavy crit. Multi hit special like Medusa sp2 can't use because how many those crit again. It should be changed to each special attack(not by counting each hit of the special) or each hit(multiple hit heavy or medium should count as one).
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Sailord12 said:

Unless you’re facing void
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

I’m sorry...how is quake taking void?
    Run477 said:

I’m sorry...how is quake taking void?
    She turns off his debuffs, but that’s probably too rough. Ghost is really the one, but i’m cool with getting rid of voids.
    Gregdagr8 said:

I think the changes were very much needed. I do think the #FF needs to be open to #heroes. I can think of one guy in one bg on one specific map brings Thing. That's the only time anyone ever brings a FF member. Plannning a global to target 4 champs is too few. I also agree Void should be removed from all iterations of map 6 and 7. Void with the Crit epic mod is way too op just like HB was.

HB is not OP, i healed in my fight against him today 😛
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

Which Champion did you use to heal up on Hulkbuster?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

The changes seem pretty good but I have one issue with what you have said here. I don't know if you are aware but top10, even top 20 is pretty much impossible for f2p players to reach unless they got extremely lucky with all their 6 stars and prestige. If lower people cannot have an opportunity to get these t5cc fragments and only the top of the top try to get, the rich get richer and the rest get nothing. I am not a part of a top of the top prestige ally because they would not take me, my prestige is nowhere near the level they would want, but I am pretty certain I can do just fine with these modifiers and not to brag but I have been doing quite well with them so far. Your assumption that being in a top alliance shows you are skilled is dead wrong, it just means that you spent a considerably amount to get your prestige high, you might be very skilled but that is not a given.
    You're right that being in a Top Tier Alliance does not mean that you are not skilled. Alliance Quests are an old game mode, and they made use of Prestige. We're trying to move away from that, and one of the ways was by introducing Modifiers. We've still got a ways to go, and there are many improvements that we want to make in the future, but it's an iterative process.
    This is a direct contradiction to your earlier statement that this is for top 5-10 alliances... which would be the highest prestige alliances, correct? Putting off until the future is also a convenient way to ignore the majority of your players. Moving away from prestige when people have ranked terrible champs for prestige is another slap in the face to a lot of players.
    Kabam will never move away from prestiege. Especially now when the gap has been made incredibly wider with R3 6 stars.

Gregdagr8 said:

Which Champion did you use to heal up on Hulkbuster?
    R3 KG...

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

The changes seem pretty good but I have one issue with what you have said here. I don't know if you are aware but top10, even top 20 is pretty much impossible for f2p players to reach unless they got extremely lucky with all their 6 stars and prestige. If lower people cannot have an opportunity to get these t5cc fragments and only the top of the top try to get, the rich get richer and the rest get nothing. I am not a part of a top of the top prestige ally because they would not take me, my prestige is nowhere near the level they would want, but I am pretty certain I can do just fine with these modifiers and not to brag but I have been doing quite well with them so far. Your assumption that being in a top alliance shows you are skilled is dead wrong, it just means that you spent a considerably amount to get your prestige high, you might be very skilled but that is not a given.
    You're right that being in a Top Tier Alliance does not mean that you are not skilled. Alliance Quests are an old game mode, and they made use of Prestige. We're trying to move away from that, and one of the ways was by introducing Modifiers. We've still got a ways to go, and there are many improvements that we want to make in the future, but it's an iterative process.
    This is a direct contradiction to your earlier statement that this is for top 5-10 alliances... which would be the highest prestige alliances, correct? Putting off until the future is also a convenient way to ignore the majority of your players. Moving away from prestige when people have ranked terrible champs for prestige is another slap in the face to a lot of players.
    Kabam will never move away from prestiege. Especially now when the gap has been made incredibly wider with R3 6 stars.
    I don't see prestige going anywhere as it's always been a great revenue source for them. With the changes to honor rewards though, I could definitely see them lessening the importance of it. It won't ever mean it doesn't matter, just that players will still be able to get higher tier rewards without feeling they HAVE to spend as long as they have the ability to clear the hardest maps with the hardest modifiers. Basically what a large portion of people have been asking for, reward skill not just spend.

Yet again though, as soon as they introduce something difficult people have a fit. There are some legitimate complaints about the new modifiers though I won't even try to argue that. They're far from all valid though.