**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic Champions in 2020 [Edited Thread Title for Clarity]

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Mutant is better than mystic imo, but yeah, I agree, every 2020 cosmic has been just a defender, surfer and aarkus aren’t bad but they aren’t amazing either, the last really good cosmic was nearly 18 months ago with cmm

Aarkus is very underrated. Needs synergies to unlock good utility.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Once Cosmic Ghost Rider comes out, it will change all that and the fate of the battlerealm.

1. Durability - Huge health Pool and damage cap for single hit.
    2. Strength - High Crit Damage and Rating.
    3. Guns - Critical Bleeds
    4. Hellfire Chains - Will provide several immunities
    5. Hellfire Manipulation - incinerate debuff
    6. Cosmic Energy - decrease 45% energy attacks, also healing buff
    7. Cosmic Penance Stare - powerful sp3, will decrease opp ability accuracy by 100% for 60 sec and also gains a fury buff 125% attack rating for 45 sec and also an armor break for the duration of the fury.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

Once Cosmic Ghost Rider comes out, it will change all that and the fate of the battlerealm.

1. Durability - Huge health Pool and damage cap for single hit.
    2. Strength - High Crit Damage and Rating.
    3. Guns - Critical Bleeds
    4. Hellfire Chains - Will provide several immunities
    5. Hellfire Manipulation - incinerate debuff
    6. Cosmic Energy - decrease 45% energy attacks, also healing buff
    7. Cosmic Penance Stare - powerful sp3, will decrease opp ability accuracy by 100% for 60 sec and also gains a fury buff 125% attack rating for 45 sec and also an armor break for the duration of the fury.

You have high hopes
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    All we need is a 6* Hype and Medusa and Cosmic is back to being a great class. That's 2 more solid r3 options.

Skill is easily the worst class imo.
  • Mayis said:

Imo cosmic class isn't that bad, but their problem is that the most top champions need awakened abilities. I love that kind of champions whom I can use straight outta box, and I can name only 3 of them: Venom, Corvus and Aarkus.

Hype: needs sig to gain decent power
    VTD: his toxic armor lasts too short unduped
    Medusa: shuts down robots, but without fury her damage isn't that good
    Cull: gains most of his damage from sig ability

CMM is debatable, because she doesn't really need sig ability, but not losing her ramp up is very hard without Nick Fury synergy. She needs either that synergy or indestructible to keep ramp up via heavies. Proxima is good too, but her playstyle is very specific.

I don't say that cosmics are useless without sig abilities, but lets just compare them to top mystics: Claire, Doom, Sym Supreme, Sorcerer Supreme, Longshot dont need sig ability at all.

Same problem is with skill class: the class is weak overall, and their top 2 need dupe to shine. One of them is totally useless without sig ability. I see why Aegons ramp up is hidden behind sig ability: high reward need high investment, but at the same time we have Ghost and Quake in the game who shred everything

I think we need some balance here, not only in terms of classes but overall for all champions

I kinda agree with this too. A lot of the mystics don't really need the dupe, mojo being the exception, making them all potential power houses
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    recent cosmic champions are wet noodles built for AWD. There hasn't been a good attacker since CMM
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

recent cosmic champions are wet noodles built for AWD. There hasn't been a good attacker since CMM

you trying to tell me surfer was built for defense? He’s a solid attacker and a reasonable defender. Nowhere near the level of CMM or Hyperion, but good nonetheless. Not every champion is going to be great, some will just be okay.

And that’s fine. Point of games in general.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    How about some love for tech class? Gaurdian is the only tech as far as I remember. And he had huge hype but gameplay seems meh. I have not seen many gameplay of him after the initial hype. After ghost and Warlock i don't see a good tech for rank 3 6 star. G2099 is a honorable mention. We need a good awesome damage dealer in tech
    Pulyaman said:

How about some love for tech class? Gaurdian is the only tech as far as I remember. And he had huge hype but gameplay seems meh. I have not seen many gameplay of him after the initial hype. After ghost and Warlock i don't see a good tech for rank 3 6 star. G2099 is a honorable mention. We need a good awesome damage dealer in tech

Thank you

you trying to tell me surfer was built for defense? He’s a solid attacker and a reasonable defender. Nowhere near the level of CMM or Hyperion, but good nonetheless. Not every champion is going to be great, some will just be okay.

And that’s fine. Point of games in general.
    I meant 2020 cosmics.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Cull, Aarkus, silver surfer are good attackers that came after cmm

I meant meta changing "beyond god tier"
    edited August 2020
    Pulyaman said:

What is there to disagree? Atleast tell me why you disagree. Honestly, other than this year cosmic has been a stacked class with many good options for rank 3. Other than the mentioned ones we have cull who is better than he was, Venom who has awesome damage, Venom the duck who is customizable as per your requirement. There are not thst many techs on offence who have huge damage.
    Forgot aarkus too..
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    I’d be happy to provide actionable feedback.

The recent cosmic champions have had a pattern, and when I say recent, I mean since 2019 onward. With the exception of CMM and Cull, all of the cosmics have been defense focused. Let’s look at each one:

Annihilus can actually hit hard with 10+ furies but this is difficult to achieve so he is mostly used as a defender.

Arrkus is also decent on offense, being a combo of Hyperion, Medusa and iceman. The problem is that he is a lesser version of them. He’s not a bad attacker, but there’s not much reason to use him over better options. As a defender, he can be tricky

Silver surfer has good damage but he doesn’t live up to expectations or the other top cosmic options. His play style can output good numbers but it’s clear that he has been heavily balanced to avoid being to OP. His numbers seem like they’ve been cut down.

Nova is average at best. He has some decent damage but it requires a ramp up. Ultimately, it’s just not worth it so he’s left on defense with his auto block.

Terrax has interesting utility but his damage makes it irrelevant. He will mostly be used as a defender

Air walker has some damage and nothing else. He requires 2 fights before reaching his full potential and against hard content, those 2 fights can drag. His full potential doesn’t justify his ramp up. Also he has the second lowest attack value in game.

The recent cosmic champions are overly balanced attackers with defensive utility. All of these champs mentioned inflict armor break, and in some cases, it’s an unavoidable armor break. This serves to counter ghost but in most cases, it’s not a big enough armor break to amplify the damage. The mystic class has become one of the strongest so there are plenty of counters. There is no reason to be afraid of making a powerful cosmic champion.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

What is there to disagree? Atleast tell me why you disagree. Honestly, other than this year cosmic has been a stacked class with many good options for rank 3. Other than the mentioned ones we have cull who is better than he was, Venom who has awesome damage, Venom the duck who is customizable as per your requirement. There are not thst many techs on offence who have huge damage.
    Forgot aarkus too..
    There's more to the tech class than Ghost and warlock, G2099 and guardian are easily worth r3 with the only caveat being that guardian really benefits from high sig. Even sentinel is useful enough to be considered as a r3 option.
    Despite how sparse recent tech releases have been they've all been good so far

just because a champ isn’t meta changing beyond god tier doesn’t mean they’re bad. Aarkus, Cull, and Silver Surfer are all solid, good champs.

just because a champ isn’t meta changing beyond god tier doesn’t mean they’re bad. Aarkus, Cull, and Silver Surfer are all solid, good champs.
    i know that lol. I meant that there hasn't been a very very good cosmic since CMM
    edited August 2020

i know that lol. I meant that there hasn't been a very very good cosmic since CMM
    how is this a problem?

how is this a problem?
    title = cosmic champions in 2020.
    cosmic champions in 2020 = wet noodles
    mystic champions this year = all very good
    That is why I voted for iron man when colossus buff was happening. Mutant already has so many good Champs. Game could have used a half decent iron man who is an attacker.
    edited August 2020

how is this a problem?
    title = cosmic champions in 2020.
    cosmic champions in 2020 = wet noodles
    mystic champions this year = all very good
    oh no! After Symbiote Supreme, there wasn’t a great mystic until BWCV/Doom. Also took a year