**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New version of game doesn't run 120 fps on Rog phone 2 anymore

I notice the new update doesn't run at 120 fps on Rog Phone 2, maximum 60 fps only. Will it be fixed or game stop support Rog phone 2 ? Since they just launch Rog Phone 3 & Asus said Mcoc can run at 144 fps on it

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I thought the game was capped at something low?
  • RhadamanthysRhadamanthys Posts: 3

Rog phone can run at high fps, Kabam work with Asus to support it
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Rog phone can run at high fps, Kabam work with Asus to support it
    ROG phone can run ar 120 fps.

Kabam caps the game at 60fps.

I've been using a Razer Phone for 3 years and it's been capped for a while.

They have no plans on letting it run at 120fps.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You can't run the game at an higher speed than what is intended. Otherwise you will have problems with the controls
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 455 ★★★
    Question: do you get the shimmer effects with character attacks (like Quake's block) and weather? Or is that locked to iOS?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Frame rates are half of what they used to be and capped at 60. There've been several mentions and complaints on the bug board and the response has been a stony silence.

Nope. It used to be able to run at 120 FPS or more.

You can't run the game at an higher speed than what is intended. Otherwise you will have problems with the controls

It just takes getting used to and you don't get accidental heavies after a bit.

Question: do you get the shimmer effects with character attacks (like Quake's block) and weather? Or is that locked to iOS?

iOS has the extra effects. Even the lowliest iPhone supported gets them. A few people playing on Nvidia devices claimed they got them as well. Kabam can't be bothered to even acknowledge Android issues except when they keep you from buying stuff. Super luxury flagship or lowly no-name, you get the same downgraded graphics.

EDIT: Who is disagreeing with this? What did I say that wasn't factual?
    edited August 2020

Frame rates are half of what they used to be and capped at 60. There've been several mentions and complaints on the bug board and the response has been a stony silence.

Nope. It used to be able to run at 120 FPS or more.

It just takes getting used to and you don't get accidental heavies after a bit.

iOS has the extra effects. Even the lowliest iPhone supported gets them. A few people playing on Nvidia devices claimed they got them as well. Kabam can't be bothered to even acknowledge Android issues except when they keep you from buying stuff. Super luxury flagship or lowly no-name, you get the same downgraded graphics.
    It's been well over a year since it ran at 120 FPS. I still have the Razer Phone Frame Rate discussion as one of my favourited discussions and the last post was July 2019. Prior to April 2019 it could run at more than 60fps, but hasn't been the case since (at least outside of a random bug which on occasion would allow for higher frame rates)

Does it suck that the full potential isn't available to devices with higher refresh rates than 60? Yes.

Will it be changed? Unlikely.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Actually I shouldn't say capped at 60 because I didn't test a 144Hz phone. It pegs at 60 on the S20+ set to 120 and pegs at 48 when set to 96.
    ItsDamien said:

It's been well over a year since it ran at 120 FPS. I still have the Razer Phone Frame Rate discussion as one of my favourited discussions and the last post was July 2019. Prior to April 2019 it could run at more than 60fps, but hasn't been the case since (at least outside of a random bug which on occasion would allow for higher frame rates)

Maybe that was a Razer issue. First thing I did when I picked up the s20+ was check to see if it definitely ran the game at 120 fps. You can tell the difference immediately. I played with an Apple 11PM, an S10 and the S20+ side by side. Clear difference. It would run just fine at both 120 and 96. Oneplus and Pixel phones could also play at 90.
  • KKLegacyKKLegacy Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    I have been using rog phone 2 for 6 months. There was no problem to run at 120 fps until version 28. It is caped at 60 fps now. So what happens with Rog phone 3 ? Mcoc is in the list of supported game for its 144 Hz screen, means it can run at 144 fps. Is this a bug or it is intended now ? @Kabam Miike

ItsDamien said:

Maybe that was a Razer issue. First thing I did when I picked up the s20+ was check to see if it definitely ran the game at 120 fps. You can tell the difference immediately. I played with an Apple 11PM, an S10 and the S20+ side by side. Clear difference. It would run just fine at both 120 and 96. Oneplus and Pixel phones could also play at 90.
    It wasn't just a Razer issue. The game was hard capped to 60fps since then. The higher hz used on all devices is more of a placebo effect. You feel like you're getting more because you expect to be getting the same FPS as your devices hz. But no, that's just how it is. Hard coded FPS caps can't be bypassed by device settings. It just is what it is.
This discussion has been closed.