**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel is bugged!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

So you guys are telling me that the previous best counter to domino is now a dead-man against her? And that the previously best champ for glancing mechanics is heavily affected against it?

I think you geniuses should think deep before you finalize on an issue. All of you are casually saying that archangel versus domino is working as intended. Have you thought about every other champ that would be affected by this interaction? If AA is now taking crit failure against domino, even as a champ that is immune to AAR, whereas in the past, AAR immunity meant no crit failure. Alright, so what's it now gonna be for OML, Mysterio, and every other champ that is immune to AAR. Looks like they would now take crit failure on almost every hit huh? Sounds super fun right? How about variant 3 where you have a stacked domino somewhere, with the global node granting tech champs AAR immunity, it's not gonna matter anymore because you're now gonna take crit failure damage? Good luck using ghost in that fight now, right?

And as for glancing, it doesn't seem like you guys understand what I'm saying, so if you don't, please don't comment and say s**t

Djin said:

Glancing does three things:
    1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR
    Archangel is immune to AAR but not the first two things.

Archangel does not have 100% chance to bleed or poison. If a hit does not apply bleed or poison it is counted as failure. When an ability fails to activate against awakened Domino they get Critical Failure.

What the hell does this mean? What do you think I mean by AA is bugged against glancing? If you know your AA, you would know that at every point in time before this new update, he could apply his bleeds on the necessary attacks even when glanced. You're aware that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds right? Ant-Man and pyramid X were a joke.
    Why should that change now? Why should a champ that is literally immune to ability accuracy reduction be affected by "offensive ability accuracy reduction"?
    Before you comment, you should at least have an idea of what's going on, know the character, and understand their abilities.

Thank you for your time.
    Bruh, he's always taken crit failure against Domino and he had always glanced attacks. He was definitely never the best Domino counter not even close, so what are you on about? @Djin explained it perfectly, so either believe it or just... be quiet.
    Do you still not realise what I'm insinuating? I didn't say he can't be glanced, I mean he should, but still be able to apply bleeds on glanced hits. Bro, I'm not a newbie to using archangel, I've used him extensively in a lot of areas. In the past, his hits can be glanced, yes. But the ability accuracy reduction didn't and shouldn't prevent him from placing bleeds. This is the major aspect of the bug, and you can test it by dueling an ant-man or pyramid X, and paying close attention to his debuff placement. And as for Domino, it's kinda weird how AA is seemingly the only AAR immune champ that takes crit failure damage. And I'm pretty sure I've seen a video on YouTube of someone using him against the Domino in 6.4 and never taking any sort of crit failure damage.
    Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

I’ve just duelled the Ant-Man using AA. It seemed simplest to test using only heavy attacks. His abilities state that a heavy attack has a 50% chance to apply a bleed debuff. Nothing to do with it being a critical hit. Just a flat 50% chance to proc and thus a 50% chance for no bleed debuff to be applied.

2 of my heavy attacks “glanced” but applied a bleed debuff.

Doesn’t seem like a problem to me.

Lol, I see what's going on here.
    You see, the "glancing" text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed, and I've probably dueled Ant-Man 20 times already to test this issue.

So yeah, if you could duel him again but with a very watchful eye, you'd understand what I'm saying.
    I just dueled Ant-Man and I threw one heavy where every single one of my hits glanced. I placed a bleed. There's a 50% chance that a heavy won't bleed. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, your heavies aren't placing bleeds when he glanced just because they won't half the time either way? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
    If that's the case, let's apply some probability here. In the 20 times I dueled Ant-Man, he probably glanced about 60 of my heavy hits. What are the odds of not placing a bleed on all those hits combined?
    (1/2)^60
    Guess what that is: 8.7 × 10^-19

Bruh...
    That's not the way it works. Just like crystal openings, everything you said is on its own. You can factor probability all you want but that's not the logic being applied here.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

So you guys are telling me that the previous best counter to domino is now a dead-man against her? And that the previously best champ for glancing mechanics is heavily affected against it?

I think you geniuses should think deep before you finalize on an issue. All of you are casually saying that archangel versus domino is working as intended. Have you thought about every other champ that would be affected by this interaction? If AA is now taking crit failure against domino, even as a champ that is immune to AAR, whereas in the past, AAR immunity meant no crit failure. Alright, so what's it now gonna be for OML, Mysterio, and every other champ that is immune to AAR. Looks like they would now take crit failure on almost every hit huh? Sounds super fun right? How about variant 3 where you have a stacked domino somewhere, with the global node granting tech champs AAR immunity, it's not gonna matter anymore because you're now gonna take crit failure damage? Good luck using ghost in that fight now, right?

And as for glancing, it doesn't seem like you guys understand what I'm saying, so if you don't, please don't comment and say s**t

Djin said:

Glancing does three things:
    1)Hit cannot be critical
    2)Reduce damage
    3)Offensive AAR
    Archangel is immune to AAR but not the first two things.

Archangel does not have 100% chance to bleed or poison. If a hit does not apply bleed or poison it is counted as failure. When an ability fails to activate against awakened Domino they get Critical Failure.

What the hell does this mean? What do you think I mean by AA is bugged against glancing? If you know your AA, you would know that at every point in time before this new update, he could apply his bleeds on the necessary attacks even when glanced. You're aware that AA doesn't need to crit to apply bleeds right? Ant-Man and pyramid X were a joke.
    Why should that change now? Why should a champ that is literally immune to ability accuracy reduction be affected by "offensive ability accuracy reduction"?
    Before you comment, you should at least have an idea of what's going on, know the character, and understand their abilities.

Thank you for your time.
    AA was my first 5 star way back when the first 2 star arena with 5 star shards was introduced for the facebook achievement, so I believe I have a good understanding of how he works. He has never been the best counter to Domino, decent counter, yes. Never the best because he does not have guaranteed abilities which cause him to take lots of crit failure.
    I agree that he cannot be affected by ability accuracy reduction, but 50% chance to apply bleed means he has a lot of chance to fail to apply bleed on heavy attacks. It is incredibly difficult to say if he is bugged because when I duelled him just now using a max 3 star against rank 3 6 star ant-man, he placed 3 bleeds from 3 hits one time, none of the hits were glanced, and he did not place a single bleed next time, 2 hits were glanced. Since the chance is only 50%, you cannot say why the bleed failed, is it because of glancing? or because of rng. Kabam may need to look into this, because I cannot see how we can come to a conclusion.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    You already said, "The 'glancing' text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed." Why are you so sure we're wrong and you're not? That the glancing appears on a different hit and not the other way around? It's 3v1 here.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

You already said, "The 'glancing' text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed." Why are you so sure we're wrong and you're not? That the glancing appears on a different hit and not the other way around? It's 3v1 here.

Well, I know whether or not because the text duplicates itself if it triggers on 2 or more different hits. I can also know whether or not by comparing the damage numbers of successive hits. If one is half of the other, then boom, glanced.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Well, I know whether or not because the text duplicates itself if it triggers on 2 or more different hits. I can also know whether or not by comparing the damage numbers of successive hits. If one is half of the other, then boom, glanced.
    Well I dueled him, all of the hits glanced, and I placed a bleed. So boom, you're wrong.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    You are missing the RNG involved in his abilities.

Is there any champ who can glance special attacks? Try his sp3 on them.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Well I dueled him, all of the hits glanced, and I placed a bleed. So boom, you're wrong.
    Cool, if that's the case, then let the thread end.
    I've done my part by letting the mods know about a possible bug.
    Whether any of us are wrong or otherwise is at the mercy of RNG.

If I offended any of you through my comments, then again, I'm sorry.

Have a feeling I just made a lot of enemies 😅
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Yup, I'm done here. If I happen to be wrong, thanks for reporting a bug to Kabam. The way you worded your comments in this thread was a bit triggering, but I don't hold grudges and I know my reactions weren't much better. We cool. 👍🏻
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Yup, I'm done here. If I happen to be wrong, thanks for reporting a bug to Kabam. The way you worded your comments in this thread was a bit triggering, but I don't hold grudges and I know my reactions weren't much better. We cool. 👍🏻
    Yeah, we cool.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

I’ve just duelled the Ant-Man using AA. It seemed simplest to test using only heavy attacks. His abilities state that a heavy attack has a 50% chance to apply a bleed debuff. Nothing to do with it being a critical hit. Just a flat 50% chance to proc and thus a 50% chance for no bleed debuff to be applied.

2 of my heavy attacks “glanced” but applied a bleed debuff.

Doesn’t seem like a problem to me.

Lol, I see what's going on here.
    You see, the "glancing" text persists after a hit, so whatever hit comes after it might appear to be glanced whereas that's not the case. If you pay VERY close attention, you'd notice that it's only on the hits that were not glanced by Ant-Man that AA could apply bleeds. Every glanced hit did not apply a bleed, and I've probably dueled Ant-Man 20 times already to test this issue.

So yeah, if you could duel him again but with a very watchful eye, you'd understand what I'm saying.

I paid VERY VERY VERY close attention.

I guess I could have been much clearer in my previous post by saying that I dueled him multiple times before posting. There were a few cases of every hit of the heavy being glanced that still proc’d the bleed on Ant-Man.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Being that Kabam has acknowledged glancing is bypassing AAR immunity the argument it cannot happens is dumb.

Currently, Mysterio is able to be affected by ability accuracy reduction from Glancing. We are working on getting this interaction cleaned up, but we don't currently have an estimate on when that will be able to be completed.

• Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    what sig is you AA and how much nerotoxins did you have against the opponent
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Being that Kabam has acknowledged glancing is bypassing AAR immunity the argument it cannot happens is dumb.

Currently, Mysterio is able to be affected by ability accuracy reduction from Glancing. We are working on getting this interaction cleaned up, but we don't currently have an estimate on when that will be able to be completed.

You just like to quote the mods don't you. lol. I remember you posting a 2 yr old reply from Kabam zibit in quake thread too. Thank you
  • Options
    Critical Failure is not only related to Ability Accuracy reduction. It triggers whenever an ability fails to activate. That means that if you have 50% Chance to inflict a bleed, and then do not trigger that bleed, you can trigger critical failure.
This discussion has been closed.