**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Clarification on the Difference Between the AW Change and 12.0 from a Player Impact Perspective

I know Kabam has stated their position on Rankdown Tickets, that they won't be issued unless a champion is altered in some appreciable way, but I've struggled to understand the difference in player impact between the two situations, and I'd like to try to constructively understand that now, and any clarification from the Mod Team of course would be appreciated.

In situation A where a character is "nerfed" a process that may or may not improve gameplay / quality of life for a summoner, the champion is changed and in SOME cases, a summoner would experience a negative reaction to this as their time / effort / materials has resulted in not what they intended from that investment in a particular character. Kabam took note of this and offered choice last time, issuing 40+ rank down tickets of varying ranks.

In situation B where a node is "nerfed" a process that may or may not improve gameplay / quality of life for a summoner, the node is changed and in SOME cases, a summoner would experience a negative reaction to this as their time / effort / materials has resulted in not what they intended from that investment in a particular character. Kabam took note of this and offered.....well, nothing.

When both situations result in the same possible negative impact to summoners, why is the response different? Especially when the RDTs were created as an answer to this sort of change pushback. I understand it's not a champion nerf per say, but it really is "nerfing" the champion, when the purpose for that champion's upgrade, no longer exists.

An example, an excellent team-player allymate of mine upgraded his Antman to 4/55 for the purpose of thorns/degen nodes, we are a top150 ally in AQ with prestige wiggle room and some members made choices like that (self-destructive choices imo, but hey that antman did get 5+ kills a war on degen) because the incentive to bolster defense existed for that champion/node combo. Now that player is stuck with a champion who from most reasonable viewpoints, no longer has a purpose at all, they certainly dislike him, and it's is now nothing but a drain on that summoners progress. How does this differ from 12.0 in terms of the possible impact to players like him? Why not offer him choice as well?

I don't want to focus this piece on the negatives/positives of the new AW, of which I feel there are both, but in terms of "punishing" players for their investments to date, this new mode really does offer multiple examples of why RDTs should at least be discussed in more depth why they don't suit this situation. Another example would be the alliance that upgraded, in many cases almost every summoner, characters like Hyperion, Nightcrawler, Mordo, characters that are in no way bad now (just like many weren't after 12.0) but are simply not what a Summoner would choose to do given the new state of AW, why not give them that choice back instead of the negative player experience of having to stare at and consider the alternatives they could have done had they not upgraded for AW Defense.

I've tried to make this a constructive take on how the situation exists currently, one that I truly seek clarification on, from players or Mods, because I do not understand.

I read the post by Adora recently where she clarified constructive posts and said they should include a solution if one exists from your perspective, so I'll include mine although I fear it'll turn this into another "give me tickets!" post.

I feel that at least 5 rank down tickets (for number of defenders you could place at one time) is appropriate in this situation given my take, and that they should be split amongst 4/5* variants, perhaps 3/2.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.