**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Angela Buff Criticism

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Well i do agree on the path that you guys are taking with updating champs whether it be a tuneup or overhaul. I agree with the updates to miles and BP they do desperately need it. I am curious to see what the plans are for Angela. My statement was that there are champs that need it before she does.

Well yes, but that’s not how the cycle works
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364 β˜…
    edited February 2021
    Well I disagree that her kit is fine the way it is and doesn't need to be improved upon. That being said for me it still makes sense Angela got a tune up the Asgardian synergies are still relevant and everyone has her so I say go for it.

No matter what happens in this game some people just have to complain. If it makes a champ more viable to use or opens up a possibility that wasn't there before why even complain? Just enjoy it.

A nerf is one thing but a simple tune up that is beneficial to anyone that has her or will get her in the future? That's what I call a win win
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not to mention if they decide in the future to change anything about an already buffed up champ again, they can and will. Nothing ever said it was a one time buff to these champs and thats it forever.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Well i do agree on the path that you guys are taking with updating champs whether it be a tuneup or overhaul. I agree with the updates to miles and BP they do desperately need it. I am curious to see what the plans are for Angela. My statement was that there are champs that need it before she does.

Oh for sure, I will definitely agree that there are Champs that need a buff more than Angela, but the list of Champions that need a Value Only update before Angela is a much smaller list.
    For sure for sure. Pls do Morningstar
    Saying ms needs a buff... that’s like saying she’s bad... jk
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm really hoping Angela's sig ability becomes something useful
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

It's amazing that you still don't understand. Miike AGREES with you. BUT what you're not getting is that there is a process to all of this to make sure they can turn out the buffs on time. March IS NOT FOR OVERHAULS. 2 tune ups and 2 updates. These are minor buffs only. Not to add new abilities like Miike said and then you go and ask them to add bleeds to Angela.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Oh for sure, I will definitely agree that there are Champs that need a buff more than Angela, but the list of Champions that need a Value Only update before Angela is a much smaller list.
    I’m just happy it feels like @Kabam Miike is peeking in on my roster and picking champs I have for buffs.

Zero complaints about a better Angela.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Before anything, I want to say that I appreciate all updates that make champs better for us (the players), and am glad it's happening.

01)
    No, we're not asking for buffs to go in order from oldest to newest, but I personally do wish that Kabam would prioritize more of the oldest champs in the game. The 2014 pool is all but useless at this point, and the majority of them have been for several years.

02)
    Yes, we get the difference between tune-ups, updates and overhauls. We get that there are different time-frames involved with how how much work needs to go into each one. What some of us don't get, is why are characters that have been useless since pretty much 2014 are still on the back burner, when champs that came out several years later are getting priority over them... especially when they're not necessarily bad.

03)
    Kabams gonna do what they're gonna do. We also get that. But, some people are just bummed that the so many of the original champs have been unfun and pretty much unusable in the game for so long. Colossus and Gamora are the only 2 champs from 2014 that have seen some love so far (and colossus was an amazing rework - kudos, amazing update for an OG character who really once was bottom of the barrel)!

04)
    Would it be so bad if a couple more 2014 champs got prioritized for ANY type of buff before a couple newer champs that already have better synergies or relevance in the game right now? Why would that be so bad?

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Champions
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364 β˜…
    ItsDamien said:

Cam97 said:

I still think it's strange the asgardians arent poison immune or thor rag completely shock immune ( or even better shocks ramp him up) and loki could be frost bite/cold snap immune.
    Like dude if all of the captain Marvel's and Ronan are poison immune the gods should be as well

I was really hoping they would focus on her synergies with loki and the thors. I've never understood why they're so unwilling to make unique synergies more often. For instance Loki could send a equivalent of a life model decoy and gain Power each time it is struck (or a falter like mechanic)

Wanna know why Thor Rags isn't completely shock immune?

Because he can still get shocked, even in the Thor Ragnarok movie.

My will... has expired.
    Lol yeah I know it was a running joke in the movie. He got "shocked" like 20 times and in the final battle with hela he also took a lightning bolt to the face but hey if your main weapon is lightning and you're only 70% immune so be it. I don't have him anyway
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Crcrcrc said:

Angela is receiving a Value Only update. That means that we'll be changing some numbers, but not adding any new abilities or modifications to her Kit. While I understand that there are other Champions that need the love more than Angela, it's important to remember what each kind of update means. We've been very explicit with the types of updates and what each entails.

I don't think War Machine or Storm need a value only update, they need something more involved.

So with all do respect miike wouldn't there be other champs that need a "update" or "tune up" before Angela she isn't even that bad... champs that have been in the game longer need to be adjusted to the current meta... OG iron man. OG Thor... for example need to be adjusted to be relevant and have some use... even cyclops is terrible no matter how you look at him...
    Dude, please read what you're replying to. We've been super clear about what players can expect and how often you'll get each kind of Buff. If we didn't choose Angela for a value only update, it doesn't mean that Iron Man would be getting a buff. He needs more love than a Value only update, and we would only switch her out for another Champ that needs a value only update.
    You guys should give them what they want, just to spite them. Make OG Iron Man have a tune up instead and just have slightly better armor ups and some more attack value as his only buff :D

Sometimes I question most of this forum's ability to read.
    LOL , Ironman with 1000 extra armor .
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Angela is receiving a Value Only update. That means that we'll be changing some numbers, but not adding any new abilities or modifications to her Kit. While I understand that there are other Champions that need the love more than Angela, it's important to remember what each kind of update means. We've been very explicit with the types of updates and what each entails.

I don't think War Machine or Storm need a value only update, they need something more involved.

So with all do respect miike wouldn't there be other champs that need a "update" or "tune up" before Angela she isn't even that bad... champs that have been in the game longer need to be adjusted to the current meta... OG iron man. OG Thor... for example need to be adjusted to be relevant and have some use... even cyclops is terrible no matter how you look at him...
    Dude, please read what you're replying to. We've been super clear about what players can expect and how often you'll get each kind of Buff. If we didn't choose Angela for a value only update, it doesn't mean that Iron Man would be getting a buff. He needs more love than a Value only update, and we would only switch her out for another Champ that needs a value only update.
    Iron man will be rework too !!!
    At last my 6 stars duped iron man will become useful πŸ˜…