**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Another Thread on Rank down tickets

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Yes, I am very aware that this thread is likely to be closed, just as the other threads on rank down tickets... BUT: The argument being brought forward is that this has been answered already... Which makes me mad to the bone!

It is being referred to Miike's post a while ago, where he stated this:
Hey All,

Thanks for keeping this constructive, but there are already many threads that have been opened on Rank Down tickets, so we don't need to create more.

Rank Down Tickets are not meant to be a permanent part of the Contest. They are only for when a Character is adjusted to no longer perform the way they once did. We do not have any intention of making generic rank down tickets available again, and if there is ever a need to change a Character again, they will likely receive character specific ones.

Choosing the correct Champions to rank up for your purposes is an important part of the game, so choose wisely!

This is wrong on so many levels:

1) "Rank Down Tickets are not meant to be a permanent part of the Contest."
This is very much understood and nobody wants to have them as a permanent Item... But when you choose to change fundamental game mechanics that influence the usability of certain champs, then yes, we need rank down tickets.

2) "They are only for when a Character is adjusted to no longer perform the way they once did."
Well, what about instances where not the characters are adjusted, but the game itself is adjusted in a way that the usecase of a specific champ that I upgraded (generating defense kills) is totally gone? This way, my champs "no longer perform the way they once did", which is generating defense kill points. This was the only reason I ranked up my Rhino, and he no longer generates defense kill points...

3) "We do not have any intention of making generic rank down tickets available again, and if there is ever a need to change a Character again, they will likely receive character specific ones."
Again, not plausible... Yes, if you "nerf" a certain character, like you did with Black Widow, Thor, Scarlet, Strange etc... Then it would be okay to grant character specific rank down tickets, specifically aimed at Black Widow, Thor, Scarlet, Strange etc. BUT: If you change the game mechanics that apply to every champ, than the rank down tickets need to apply to every champ...

4) "Choosing the correct Champions to rank up for your purposes is an important part of the game, so choose wisely!"
This upset me the most, because I genuinely feel insulted by that... I DID choose wisely... When ranking up my 5* Rhino to Rank 4/55, I considered his usecase and I was sure: "If I rank up Rhino, he will get a lot of points for defender kills... This will help my alliance win wars and ultimately help me and my alliance progress"

BUT: You took that away by removing defender kill points... There's nothing I did wrong, you just changed the premises on which I based my (wisely chosen) decision...

I am sad and upset, not just because of the changes you made, but also, and more saddeningly, because you ridicule us by telling us to "choose wisely"... What if I rank up new champs now for new usecases, and in 3 months' time you decide to remove that usecase again and render my newly ranked champs useless? Again no rank down tickets?

I would honestly appreciate an answer (hopefully one that does not ridicule me...)

Thanks and kind regards
Cihag

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    RDT's for what champs exactly?
    There will be no more generic ticket's. No champ was changed or directly affected.
    Following your logic, then EVERY champ was "affected" in different alliances, even spider-gwen and kamala khan were. So you are asking for 100+ specific RDT's? Of course that will not happen.
    Even if you were asking just 5 generic RDT's that would still not happen because they are "generic", so people would use them in any champ they want to.
    Nothing happened, nothing can be done.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Another thread shut down
  • in that scenario, you want to rank up 5* starlord, finish LOL, then ask for a RDT because you have LOL done.

RDT's penalize people who are smart and decisive with their ranks. I have 8 t2a just sitting there, and im waiting for the right champs. patience grasshopper.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    RDTs are more appropriate now than they were with 12.0. Only Strange got completely ruined in the nerfing. Thor, BW, and SW are still top tier champions. Now, numerous champs I ranked up are completely useless outside of arena. I've never stated that I wanted any but I definitely understand the desire for them. It's a fundamental change to a huge part of this game. I think everyone should get 2 maybe 3. Them not compensating us with them just proves the point that diversity's aim was to make people spend on ranking up undesirable champs.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    It isnt happening guys stop asking
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    But... they do have rank up gems XD
This discussion has been closed.