**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bugged Interaction : Magneto able to reduce Archangel ability accuracy

I did Rising sun path in 7.3.3 for completion.
As the path had node which places passive disorient on well timed block so I brought AA to fight Mag as AA is AAR immune.

But everything changed when I went in the fight, as AA failed to parry magneto when I had 3 disorient passive and magentize on me.

https://youtu.be/ED7w_ssi5xo

Should this be possible or it is an bugged Interaction due to passive disorient?

Comments

• Options
    Hey there, have you seen this happen in any other fights, or only against Magneto on this path so far?
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    It can be replicated on the entire path
    Passive disorients are reducing Archangel ability accuracy.

Did the fight against Drax to verify..
    https://youtu.be/2CHmHe3y8C0

After 3-4 passive disorient, AA is failing to parry opponents.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

It’s been like this forever as AA is only immune to AAR from his opponents abilities and not nodes

That is true, so the question then becomes, does the nodes abilities become the opponents abilities when the fight starts
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

It’s been like this forever as AA is only immune to AAR from his opponents abilities and not nodes

They did fix it against thorags right?
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No it's not. This is a bug that crops up occasionally but usually in the monthly eq or side quests. Try duelling Nick Fury or Massacre, their disorient will not reduce your ability accuracy.
    AA is fully immune to AAR no matter whether it's coming from nodes or the defender's abilities since like someone already said: nodes are counted as the defender's abilities
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

No it's not. This is a bug that crops up occasionally but usually in the monthly eq or side quests. Try duelling Nick Fury or Massacre, their disorient will not reduce your ability accuracy.
    AA is fully immune to AAR no matter whether it's coming from nodes or the defender's abilities since like someone already said: nodes are counted as the defender's abilities
    What Zan0 means is that as how the game works rn AA is only immune to base kits and not nodal AAR
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

What Zan0 means is that as how the game works rn AA is only immune to base kits and not nodal AAR
    He is immune to node AAR. The thing with disorient and Thor Ragnarok's shock is a bug that crops up every second month
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

He is immune to node AAR. The thing with disorient and Thor Ragnarok's shock is a bug that crops up every second month
    It’s never worked with the nodes that lower your AA even though it technically should.
    Which nodes are those? I've had him for more than a year now and I've never had problems with nodes except when this bug crops up. I used him against 6.2.5 Mordor with my entire team dead and my parry never failed once
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

It’s never worked with the nodes that lower your AA even though it technically should.
    Which nodes are those? I've had him for more than a year now and I've never had problems with nodes except when this bug crops up. I used him against 6.2.5 Mordor with my entire team dead and my parry never failed once
    AA is bugged when passive disorient are in place.

Active disorient like from Fury Sp1 or Masacre sp1 do not reduce his ability accuracy.
  • Options
    Bashlord said:

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

AA is bugged when passive disorient are in place.

Active disorient like from Fury Sp1 or Masacre sp1 do not reduce his ability accuracy.
    The bug also works for disorient debuffs. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268670/disorient-reduces-archangels-ability-accuracy#latest
  • Options

@Kabam Zibiit @Chikel

Archangels ability being reduced by mordo strength in numbers. 2 champs were dead meaning 25 %AAR
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Zan0 said:

Mordo only had 50% AAR. So possible you got incredibly lucky
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    January 19 and bug still up
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike any update on this.
    This is ongoing from the introduction of passive disorient node addition to the game
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★

Is it true that node abilities count as champ abilities? I get that aar affects nodes, but it also affects attacker nodes like in aq. So it kind of handles nodes as a separate third party. Also, if it specifically says "opponents abilities" isn't the spirit of that meant to mean not nodes? Otherwise it'd say just flat out immune to all aar like other champs who have that (oml, mysterio etc). Not trying to be contentious, just trying to figure out why they'd be stated differently if they aren't supposed to be different.

Nodes are considered opponent abilities under any and all circumstances. Doesn’t matter if the node benefits the attacker or defender, AAR will still impact it because it’s a defender ability
  • Options

Is it true that node abilities count as champ abilities? I get that aar affects nodes, but it also affects attacker nodes like in aq. So it kind of handles nodes as a separate third party. Also, if it specifically says "opponents abilities" isn't the spirit of that meant to mean not nodes? Otherwise it'd say just flat out immune to all aar like other champs who have that (oml, mysterio etc). Not trying to be contentious, just trying to figure out why they'd be stated differently if they aren't supposed to be different.

This is the description of Concussion from Quakes kit. But we all know she reduces more than just her opponents base ability alone
  • Options
    Please fix. Just died in aw
  • Options
    It would be wonderful if archangel was finally fixed and we could take the alliance War fights he should be able to take easily
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't think they are even acknowledging this to work on it.
  • Options
    Please for the love of everything good in the universe acknowledge that Archangel is bugged and can have his ability accuracy reduced by Disorient and Glancing. Add this to the tracker thingy