**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ikaris Adjustment (nerf)

ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
It was brought up on the forums when the patch came out that Ikaris' SP3 seemed rather crazy.

Originally:

After:

In the original thread @Kabam Miike said:

This is correct! Ikaris's kit revolves around getting Incinerates on your opponent (They're pretty low potency) and then cashing in through these high damage moments! It won't always be easy, but like Proxima, there's potential for some HUGE damage!

only a few hours later to say:

Ok, I looked into this but I want to look into it some more. You're right that this is really high so I want to be sure before committing to anything.

I am glad this change happened before the first crystals even went out, at least no one can feel like they went for him and then got shafted as has happened numerous times in the past. So that is at least a silver lining.

My bigger issue is this: How can a champion go through all of the design/testing that they supposedly do and this be somethign that gets pushed and only after we summoners look at it and point out the crazy damage to the game developers suddenly realize this might be a problem.

This example right here just further exacerbates the feeling that no one actually tests anything at Kabam and that the coding is just thrown together. Add to this that this week's crystal deal once again had incorrect drop rates further just shows that there must be no Quality Assurance going on.

I love this game. While not the most active on the forums I have been with the game since launch. I want this game to continue into the future because it is really the only mobile game I even enjoy. It is stuff like this though that just makes it hard to have any faith that bigger issues are going to get better.

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Typos happen it's not a problem. But Kabam mike confirming it as intended and then coming back and saying he will not confirm it is just yet plays out like a spoof
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Well said!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

This example right here just further exacerbates the feeling that no one actually tests anything at Kabam and that the coding is just thrown together. Add to this that this week's crystal deal once again had incorrect drop rates further just shows that there must be no Quality Assurance going on.

"No one actually tests anything" -- I cannot tell if this is intended as a serious comment. If so then it is absurd.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I think if they had a beta for players to test new additions out, it'd make our lives much better. You see how easy it is to adjust numbers. If they had player feedback (a small group would be enough), their releases would have higher quality.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

"No one actually tests anything" -- I cannot tell if this is intended as a serious comment. If so then it is absurd.
    Read the words before that. " The feeling that none tests anything"
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Bro we didn't even see the damage pre-change, how can you call it a nerf?
  • Options
    JDubsJDubs Posts: 152

• Options
    Zeraphan said:

It was brought up on the forums when the patch came out that Ikaris' SP3 seemed rather crazy.

So why didn’t you just continue the conversation in that original thread (that you even included Miike's quotes from). You could have added your additional thoughts over there. Screenshots are copied from over there too. And was still being added to, on first page of forums.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286100/clarification-on-ikaris-sp3#latest
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,027 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

Originally:

After:

In the original thread @Kabam Miike said:

This is correct! Ikaris's kit revolves around getting Incinerates on your opponent (They're pretty low potency) and then cashing in through these high damage moments! It won't always be easy, but like Proxima, there's potential for some HUGE damage!

only a few hours later to say:

Ok, I looked into this but I want to look into it some more. You're right that this is really high so I want to be sure before committing to anything.

I am glad this change happened before the first crystals even went out, at least no one can feel like they went for him and then got shafted as has happened numerous times in the past. So that is at least a silver lining.

My bigger issue is this: How can a champion go through all of the design/testing that they supposedly do and this be somethign that gets pushed and only after we summoners look at it and point out the crazy damage to the game developers suddenly realize this might be a problem.

I love this game. While not the most active on the forums I have been with the game since launch. I want this game to continue into the future because it is really the only mobile game I even enjoy. It is stuff like this though that just makes it hard to have any faith that bigger issues are going to get better.

How can you point out any big damage when there isn't any videos or deep dives of any sort? No gameplay of anything. You're just reading abilities off a kit which are just words. They fixed it before preview packages went out and before the champ was released to the public. They did what we've been asking them to make sure to do and you're still mad. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Zeraphan said:

So why didn’t you just continue the conversation in that original thread (that you even included Miike's quotes from). You could have added your additional thoughts over there. Screenshots are copied from over there too. And was still being added to, on first page of forums.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286100/clarification-on-ikaris-sp3#latest
    Because this feels like a bigger issue than just Ikaris. This champ is just the latest symptom of what seems like a more systemic issue. That is also why I brought up the drop rate of the latest crystals. We could throw in for example the stun with Shang-Chi and how he was changed after the crystals.

There are plenty of examples over the last 6 months where it seems like at the very least the left hand isn't talking to the right hand.

You do not have to agree that this needed its own thread, that is certainly your right. I felt the bigger issue needed to be addressed.

Either way I hope you have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.