AW bug and clarity on it not counting

WilburWWilburW Member Posts: 18
If this current AW isn’t supposed to count, if there is a loss will it possibly reduce the tier level alliances are currently at?

Comments

• Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    Honestly how can these things continue. We as the community continue to play the game and some like me continue to buy offers and then we see things like this. Can you please explain how this happened. It can’t be related to the engine. Dex parry lag studder freeze. Kick. Memory leak issues. If it does. Please explain it.
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    You posted a few mins ago. At least you can do is answer and let us know.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Not to mention, they can't quantify or account for "almost". Something that hasn't played out can't be called a Win or Loss.
  • SmiffSmiff Member Posts: 8
    I've already made my comments on my own post when you made an announcement earlier, but I'll say again, I hope there is some massive compensation for the people that took time and money out of their lives to invest in this game one way or the other that are now being screwed out of important and valuable resources that we have spent TIME and MONEY to obtain. I love this game as many do, but I guess what I'm trying to say is after the big weekend we all know you guys had this is a slap in the face and we as players seem defeated......
    People received what they bought. That's the only thing spending yields. This idea that they owe us something for spending is absurd. Being upset that things went wrong, fair enough. Expecting Compensation for purchasing Sales when things go wrong is misplaced.

People received what they bought. That's the only thing spending yields. This idea that they owe us something for spending is absurd. Being upset that things went wrong, fair enough. Expecting Compensation for purchasing Sales when things go wrong is misplaced.

so people that did rank ups for defense and r4 for prestige and all that to help their team for strictly war purposes just need to deal with it?? nah kabam dropped the ball and needs to make up for it

Smiff said:

so people that did rank ups for defense and r4 for prestige and all that to help their team for strictly war purposes just need to deal with it?? nah kabam dropped the ball and needs to make up for it
    People spent what they spent for their own reasons. Having 3 more Wars doesn't change the effect of what they Ranked. They're still going to be able to use them whether the Season goes full-term or not, and Prestige doesn't even pertain to War.
    every point matters in the bracket and tiers at the top so yes one champ at r3 compared to r2 on defense and attack or a r4 does matter more than you would think
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★

New information posted on the Forum banner above:

Due to an issue with the High Grounds Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

While i understand the decision, i am really disappointed. some alliances had the possibility to go higher in the leader board with those 3 finals war and earn better rewards.

This decision simply take that possibility from them, not because they had not the skill but because of a stupid bug !
  • HoitadoHoitado Member Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Due to an issue with the High Grounds Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

@Kabam Miike will the current war count towards eligibility because my Alt needs those rewards
    Hoitado said:

@Kabam Miike will the current war count towards eligibility because my Alt needs those rewards
    No, they're removing the results of this one.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Like @Evolves2 stated, any compensation needs to include the potential solo objective war rewards that were missed with 3 remaining wars being cancelled.

Even for those that hadn’t participated in a war yet, they could place 5 defenders and use ~15 energy in the next 3 wars. Even if they didn’t fight anyone or use items, that would still bring them to 13.500 out of the 15k for a 5* Crystal. And that doesn’t take in to account all those on the cusp of 2500 6* shards…
  • K1nnyK1nny Member Posts: 46

Smiff said:

Prestige helps you in war? Learn something new everyday
    Prestige only affects AQ. Has nothing to do with AW.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    KrisGJJ said:

This is the most absurd thing ever.

After you guys just made millions of dollars last weekend - the best game mode in the entire game is bugged and now after many Alliances have spent countless hours planning, spending items and boosts, etc. - you cancel the whole seasons and those of us who are on the cusp of moving up to another war tier are screwed!

I can’t believe I’ve ever spent money on this game.

You want rewards for something you "almost" did?
    It sucks but there is no guarantee your tier would move. Best move is to try again next season.
    While I'm not a fan, I agree this is the only recourse kabam could do. Cancel war, and since they can't revert war rating, end up cancelling the season.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Smiff said:

In the end, you are getting FULL rewards for 3 less wars. You'd like kabam to reduce rewards based on wars played?
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    The season is over, I think it’ll be ok. I yearn for a season bug-free. I hope it’s season 31, the community needs it.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Member Posts: 437
    From a personal point of view. I love the season being cut short, got my solo milestones, placed where we knew we would be and I can now relax. I hate war, thanks kabam for the bug.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Evolves2 said:

@Kabam Miike Any word on solo event milestones being compensated too?

I was hoping on those last couple wars to get me there (I’m usually the backup in my War Group). It would be nice to get those 2.5k 6* shards.

That solo event is still running for 5 days. If they don't stop war enlistment completely, you still can get those points
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

While i understand the decision, i am really disappointed. some alliances had the possibility to go higher in the leader board with those 3 finals war and earn better rewards.

This decision simply take that possibility from them, not because they had not the skill but because of a stupid bug !
    And an equal number of alliances would have gone down had those final wars gone ahead. Should kabam take rewards away from those alliances?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

KrisGJJ said:

This is the most absurd thing ever.

After you guys just made millions of dollars last weekend - the best game mode in the entire game is bugged and now after many Alliances have spent countless hours planning, spending items and boosts, etc. - you cancel the whole seasons and those of us who are on the cusp of moving up to another war tier are screwed!

I can’t believe I’ve ever spent money on this game.

If you had just made it to the next tier and it got cancelled would you make the same complaint? No, this is a personal complaint because you’ve unfortunately been stuck on the wrong side of it.

This situation has no easy answer, any way Kabam call it someone will be screwed over. If they carry on season with the war rating change some will be screwed, if they don’t count this one war, some will be screwed and if they stop it now, some will be screwed.

Of course, nobody wants to be the people that are screwed over, but Kabam are in a tough position
    Won't shifting everyone above a tier please everybody or atleast not screw anyone over
  • pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2021

this information here does not match ingame email message. which one is true?

• LangpouchLangpouch Member Posts: 29
    I feel bad for kabam that the game is absolutely littered with issues and bug.

Surely the line “we apologise for the inconvenience” is getting tiresome now.

The life, soul and enjoyment is being sucked out of the game.