**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

List of champs that won't get 5* version

Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
From the released list of current and future 5*s it appears that there are no plans for the following champs to get a 5* version:

Abomination
Black Bolt
Black Widow
Captain America WWII
Daredevil (Netflix)
Dr. Strange
Electro
Joe Fix-it
Magneto Marvel Now
Ms. Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Thor
The Vision
War Machine
Wolverine

I think they exclude champs from having 5* versions for one of three reasons:
1. They are a reskin champ or they have a reskin champ (Abomination, Netflix Daredevil, Mags Now, Ms. Marvel)
2. They are a very useful champ (Black Widow, Electro, Thor, Vision, Witch)
3. They used to be considered a very useful champ (Strange)

Captain America WWII and Wolverine fit both criteria 1 and 2.
War Machine and Joe Fix-it may fit criteria 1, but I don't consider them to be as much of a reskin as the other champs.
Black Bolt doesn't fit any criteria, not sure why he is excluded. I would guess that Black Bolt is getting a reskin. But he doesn't fit in the upcoming chart of 120 champs (which is really only 112 champs btw).

One flaw to my theories is that they released both Iron Man and Superior Iron Man which are very close reskins and they are releasing Cyclops 90's which is an exact reskin of Cyclops xavier. Also, they are releasing all of the Spidey champs as 5*. So...

I am most bummed by the release of Cyclops 90's as he is exactly the same as the ugly Cyclops.
I am most bummed by the non-release of The Vision. He is one of my favorite champs, and sad to see that he is not getting a 5* version. I guess they will be selling OG Vision for $$$$$. :(

Comments

• Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    edited May 2017
    Another criteria I didn't think of earlier:
    4. They are weak champions that will be buffed and the devs are waiting to make sure they don't get overbuffed before releasing 5* version (Abomination, Black Bolt, Netflix, Strange, Fix-it, War Machine)

But they are releasing Spidergwen and Kamala, so probably not the a real criteria.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It would make the 15k shard features much more attractive if only these champs along with the sub features were in them. I would like a black bolt myself, he was my favorite 3* before I ever got any 4*, a long time ago during aq. S1. Hopefully he comes out with the new Inhumans series.
    Ya that would be really attractive to me too. Not so much for 5* Black Bolt as much as 5* Thor.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Let me guess...do you even have a 4* black bolt?

He hits like a truck and has poison immunity, every sp has a stun and he generates his own buffs on crits...he'd be an awesome 5*
  • JarekJarek Posts: 64
    What do you mean by 'reskin' ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Jarek wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'reskin' ?

Same move set, different Champ.
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    Let me guess...do you even have a 4* black bolt?

He hits like a truck and has poison immunity, every sp has a stun and he generates his own buffs on crits...he'd be an awesome 5*

I have a duped 4/40 Black Bolt. He would be an awesome 5*. I just meant that the 5* Thor would have my attention way more than Black Bolt
  • EnDaMeN28EnDaMeN28 Posts: 3
    Save your gift cards...you can expect a 5* Vision this coming XMas. Probably for $1000 dollars. Lmao
    I can see a lot of people buying that offer haha.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    "1. They are a reskin champ or they have a reskin champ (Abomination, Netflix Daredevil, Mags Now, Ms. Marvel)"

They literally just added reskins: blue cyke and black spider-man. Also there's 3 different skins of Iron Man already in
    Acanthus wrote: »
    "

They literally just added reskins: blue cyke and black spider-man. Also there's 3 different skins of Iron Man already in

Yes. As I said:
    One flaw to my theories is that they released both Iron Man and Superior Iron Man which are very close reskins and they are releasing Cyclops 90's which is an exact reskin of Cyclops xavier. Also, they are releasing all of the Spidey champs as 5*. So...

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Thor SW DS are too powerful to be 5 stars!
  • PCD1980PCD1980 Posts: 5
    The Daredevil that is being released in the 5* Crystal is the Netflix version. He was previously a featured 5*. Its Daredevil classic who is being left out.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Thor SW DS are too powerful to be 5 stars!

DS is powerful? Nope
    PCD1980 wrote: »
    The Daredevil that is being released in the 5* Crystal is the Netflix version. He was previously a featured 5*. Its Daredevil classic who is being left out.

Now that is really sad. You sure?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'd be freaking thrilled to have a 5* DD classic.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I'd be freaking thrilled to have a 5* DD classic.

I know. Classic DD has amazing utility.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Where did you get this information? I don't understand why they'd kill these champs! Cause pretty soon 5*'s will be the new 4's & 4's will be like 3*'s & become useless
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    And everyone saying these champs are too powerful(SW, Thor, DS(by the way he's still very useful especially against Mordo), Wolverine, Vision) but it really doesn't make sense cause we'll get stronger champs but the AI will become more powerful as well so it'll even itself out. I think it's just Kabam is greedy & these champs cause us not to spend units on pots/revives (especially in AQ/AW, where they're more expensive & want us desperately to buy them)
    Where did you get this information? I don't understand why they'd kill these champs! Cause pretty soon 5*'s will be the new 4's & 4's will be like 3*'s & become useless

I got it from the post where they listed all the 5* that will be released. These champs were not included.
    edited May 2017

I got it from the post where they listed all the 5* that will be released. These champs were not included.

I think they'll all be added eventually. Just not right now. Maybe not the Premium Champs like OG Vision.
    I think they'll all be added eventually. Just not right now. Maybe not the Premium Champs like OG Vision and OG DP.

I hope you're right but it doesn't sounds like it:

"Why aren’t Dr Strange, Black Widow, etc., on the list of Champions to be added?

We don’t currently have plans to release some of our previously released Champions as 5-Star variations."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals#latest

You're saying that they will release eventually because they say "currently"?

• MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    just remember the term "at this time"
    edited May 2017
    I think they'll all be added eventually. Just not right now. Maybe not the Premium Champs like OG Vision and OG DP.

I hope you're right but it doesn't sounds like it:

"Why aren’t Dr Strange, Black Widow, etc., on the list of Champions to be added?

We don’t currently have plans to release some of our previously released Champions as 5-Star variations."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/57/new-5-star-champion-addition-and-changes-to-5-star-featured-hero-crystals#latest

You're saying that they will release eventually because they say "currently"?

True. When you think about it logically, it makes sense. They nerfed them because they weren't able to offer better content and not have the God Tier dominate the game. It takes time for a game to balance. If they put out the 5* Versions right after, that would defeat the purpose because those Champs would become another God Tier. Not to mention it could be perceived as an insult. I'm not saying those were the reasons. I have no idea for sure. Just that it has a logic to it. I just think eventually they will add them, simply because they're not there.
    I disagree. If they nerfed them and they are now balanced, then they should be released as 5*s. Vision and Daredevil have very special niche uses and should definitely be released imo.
    I disagree. If they nerfed them and they are now balanced, then they should be released as 5*s. Vision and Daredevil have very special niche uses and should definitely be released imo.

I don't know why. I'm just thinking of logical reasons.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★

I don't know why. I'm just thinking of logical reasons.

I got a laugh out of this. While I do agree with you, thinking logical and kabam at the same time is kind of funny. No disrespect to kabam, I love the game, and look forward to getting things fixed. I know there is a lot of work going on that we as players sometimes get impatient about, but that's another thread. To stay on topic, I would have to say there are currently quite a few 5*s available now that are much more powerful than the ones left off the list. Until T2A is more available, having the ones left off at high sig 5/50 4* is generally better than a 3/45 5* at similar sig levels.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Just to update this, it is confirmed that DD Netflix is going into the 5* crystal and DD the original is not. Miike posted it somewhere, saw it on Line.
  • Ooh! I know the common factor! These are all Champions that have never been released as a 5-Star Champion before. They're from before we had 5-Stars, and weren't added when we had our 2nd, 3rd or Next Intake.

This is the first time we're adding "newer" champions to the Crystal, but the first couple intakes were some of the older Champions. The ones left here are the ones that never had a 5-Star available.