**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there no way Kabam can just investigate the low rated accounts in BG leaderboard?

GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
They are obviously modding. Just look at their fight history and ban them. This shouldn’t be this hard.

Yet again we are constantly running into people using mods at the top of the rankings.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    I'm sure they are.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah I’ve ran into 3. I reported 1 cuz they played it off and did a slow fight round 1. And my other 3 fights were almost flawless and I still lost lol.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    You also have to realize that if they ban those accounts, the modders will just use new accounts.

The only way to combat them is to develop a way to tell who’s modding, not manually.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Riptide said:

You also have to realize that if they ban those accounts, the modders will just use new accounts.

The only way to combat them is to develop a way to tell who’s modding, not manually.

This is not true. If you ban these trash accounts, they don’t have new ones to use.

And until they do that, they should be taking measures to remove the accounts that are actively playing a ton of matches are ruining the leaderboard. It’s blatantly obvious if you take 5 minutes to click on the profiles.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★

You make this seem soooo much easier than it is. The sheer volume of BG fights happening constantly …

Like I said, start at the top of the leaderboard. These are the accounts that are constantly grinding just to knock off people that are honestly trying to play.
  • Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    My 2 cents would be to make them not able to do any aw/aq or any competitive game modes like abyss or LoL only the acts 1 thru 7
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Yesterday I had a near perfect fight with Sigil Witch against a r3 Korg. I finished with 98.7 health and ended the fight in 41 seconds. And lost. My KM died to a 4* She Hulk in 7 seconds. Reported it, that account is currently in the top 20. I’m sure Kabam is doing something, but this is so obvious and nothing has happened yet. It can’t be this hard.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Cano29848 said:

My 2 cents would be to make them not able to do any aw/aq or any competitive game modes like abyss or LoL only the acts 1 thru 7

If they ban them from arena I think that would have some greater impact.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I get that it’s probably not as easy as we might think to get these accounts banned but I feel like this is worth the investment for Kabam. A lot of these accounts are probably run by arena botters too but in this case you have empirical evidence that there’s something fishy.

No matter how good a player is, their R2 champs are not going to be able to beat the likes of Beroman et al on time. And we all know that there are some ludicrously fast fights that are legit - AA vs IBom, HT vs mystics but it’s pretty obvious who’s cheating.

As tedious as it may sound, it could well be worth someone in Kabam HQ taking one for the team and using each champ against every single other champ to get a rough baseline for a realistic fight time. If the fight time on champion A vs B is say 20% faster than Kabam’s record then it should be looked into, especially if it’s a high ranked account. If you’ve got someone knocking Peni down with a R1 SheHulk in 30 seconds something is obviously fishy.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    I think part of the issue is that the reporting of a player is quite a task. You have to fill out a form on the website etc and for most players that aren’t at the very top tier of the leaderboards probably won’t invest the time over just starting another BG search and hoping to not face another cheater.

I wonder if there is a function that could be added to report a player in game without the need to leave the game app?
    Mauled said:

I get that it’s probably not as easy as we might think to get these accounts banned but I feel like this is worth the investment for Kabam. A lot of these accounts are probably run by arena botters too but in this case you have empirical evidence that there’s something fishy.

No matter how good a player is, their R2 champs are not going to be able to beat the likes of Beroman et al on time. And we all know that there are some ludicrously fast fights that are legit - AA vs IBom, HT vs mystics but it’s pretty obvious who’s cheating.

As tedious as it may sound, it could well be worth someone in Kabam HQ taking one for the team and using each champ against every single other champ to get a rough baseline for a realistic fight time. If the fight time on champion A vs B is say 20% faster than Kabam’s record then it should be looked into, especially if it’s a high ranked account. If you’ve got someone knocking Peni down with a R1 SheHulk in 30 seconds something is obviously fishy.

They wouldn’t even need to do that they’ll have all the data they need from us playing the beta. We’re all different skill levels but they surely can filter their results to get a good estimate of what normal times should look like. I think the only anomaly might be torch as he can blitz down a mystic champ with flame ON in around 15 seconds

• MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Kiptonade said:

I think part of the issue is that the reporting of a player is quite a task. You have to fill out a form on the website etc and for most players that aren’t at the very top tier of the leaderboards probably won’t invest the time over just starting another BG search and hoping to not face another cheater.

I wonder if there is a function that could be added to report a player in game without the need to leave the game app?

Since this is related with BG, what about adding a 'report player' or 'investigation request' button in the match history or match history details so the specific fight can be flagged without needing to add screenshots or filling up a form?

If Kabam needs our help to find the cheaters, then IMO the process should be made easier.

Went through it this morning after a guy took down a r3 Peni in 1 hit and 13 seconds with a r1 old man Logan that ended at 100% health (of course, sure). Super fun.
    Kiptonade said:

I agree, most games I’ve played have had a report user option built into the game.
    RuneScape has a report menu in the menu ribbon you click it, type player name, then there’s a 1-15 pick list for the offence.
    Most games I’ve played have an option to essentially right-click report an account. If we could have that option in the after action summary that’d be handy but I feel like it would get abused by bitter people who don’t know proper champion interactions - like I had a guy did in like 15 seconds to my Mangog using CGR.

I’ve also just looked at the top 50, and there’s easily 10 accounts there that aren’t legit and another 10 or so that are definitely dubious. I realise there’s a lot of speculation on my part but if a player is fairly low prestige - sub 12k there’s little chance of them out skilling some of the truly chunky guys out there just on fight times alone. Likewise I’d expect a lot of the top to be filled with players from alliances that are performing very high in AW or AQ and there’s a bit chunk who are, but it’s those anomalies that need to be looked into.
    Mord said:

Kiptonade said:

Since this is related with BG, what about adding a 'report player' or 'investigation request' button in the match history or match history details so the specific fight can be flagged without needing to add screenshots or filling up a form?

If Kabam needs our help to find the cheaters, then IMO the process should be made easier.

Went through it this morning after a guy took down a r3 Peni in 1 hit and 13 seconds with a r1 old man Logan that ended at 100% health (of course, sure). Super fun.
    Something like that or as Mauled suggested even an option where you could just click the offence. kabam would then be able to filter the genuine cases (where multiple reports for the same account were flagged) against bitter opponents who aren’t happy the lost so quick.

I don’t understand the technology around the cheating that well but if its bots and not real players is there a function that could be added before a match that would require a human response such as a random easy question like “what’s the third letter of the alphabet”

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,458 ★★★★

Yesterday I had a near perfect fight with Sigil Witch against a r3 Korg. I finished with 98.7 health and ended the fight in 41 seconds. And lost. My KM died to a 4* She Hulk in 7 seconds. Reported it, that account is currently in the top 20. I’m sure Kabam is doing something, but this is so obvious and nothing has happened yet. It can’t be this hard.

Sounds like you got matched with a better player. Practice some more.

Sounds like you got matched with a better player. Practice some more.
    Im assuming you’re trolling, but on the off chance you’re not unless he’s using a 3* KM on defence then there’s no way she hulk can do KM in 7 seconds, especially not as a 4*…
  • Hey there, as we've mentioned in other threads, we are taking action on accounts that violate the rules. We are not able to publicly discuss the actions taken on particular accounts, both due to our privacy policy and because doing so could give those violating the rules more info on how we find them, which they could use to make themselves harder to catch. We would ask that, if you have evidence of any violations within the game, you report that information to our Support Team, where possible, as having the extra data can help refine the process and gather the evidence needed a bit faster.
This discussion has been closed.