**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Battlegrounds ever be "worth" the time investment?

TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
So first off... let me say Battlegrounds are really quite fun. I like the game mode a lot.

That said, it is clearly not "worth the effort" based on the rewards added to the beta, and I expect Kabam can see this in their data on the proportion of matches which are simply forfeited within 30 seconds of beginning. I myself am simply match spamming because I can't find the time to do this.

I think unless they rethink the game economy, this is doomed to go the way of incursions. Pretty fun, but not worth the time. I know that this is a beta, but currently to get 10 6* stones, you need to win 20 matches. Assuming you have reached the rating that aligns with your skill, you will win roughly half... so 40 matches in total. A match takes around 10 minutes to complete... that is 6.5 hours of gameplay to get 10 sig stones. Where are we meant to take 6.5 hours of game play on a weekly basis out of our current activities?

If you want us to spend this much time in the battlegrounds, you need to speed up some other mode, or replicate rewards across modes so there is simply a choice of which one someone prefers. Perhaps you could halve the time it takes to grind arena and get the same rewards, or add some units/battlechips into Battlegrounds. After all, Arena was the original "PvP" (even if it was fake PvP).

Worried that if they don't incentivize this a lot more, it will be doomed to continue as a "Queue and quit" game mode for many.

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• This is still a beta so the rewards definitely do not reflect the finished product or even how the finished product will reward
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,107 ★★★★★
    The biggest difference for me between battlegrounds and incursions is battlegrounds is actually fun…
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 133 ★★
    I enjoy battlegrounds for the most part, but it is a bit more "attention" consuming than other modes. You have to stay engaged through the entire 10 minutes, or you lose. Multiply that by the number of rounds you need to win to collect milestones, and it is a lot of dedicated time. Depending on your personal life or playstyle, that may be quite difficult. Other game modes allow you to pace yourself and deal with outside distractions, while battleground doesn't.

This is true for all PvP type games, so it's nothing new, but something that should be considered as part of the milestone/reward payout, as it is something that may limit the number of players who want to participate/find it enjoyable.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I like the rewards. I formed 30 percent of a T5cc with one week’s rewards, and it was fun getting them.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The forfeits are the best part. It’s incredibly satisfying to get a win for 30 seconds of effort.

There’s going to be a season-style structure implemented with its own rewards. Those ranking-based tiers will likely discourage the ranking you see in the beta. Hopefully there’s also a store that rewards raw numbers/engagement.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

The forfeits are the best part. It’s incredibly satisfying to get a win for 30 seconds of effort.

There’s going to be a season-style structure implemented with its own rewards. Those ranking-based tiers will likely discourage the ranking you see in the beta. Hopefully there’s also a store that rewards raw numbers/engagement.

has kabam confirmed that there will be leaderboard rewards? they better get to work on all these cheaters first. Somehow I doubt that accounts under level 50 are going to consistently be top 3 with 10k prestige or less.
  • TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 246 ★★★
    I cant seem to get on the hype train about this game mode. 9-10 minutes just to play 3 fights. Takes a good amount of time to prepare a desk and pick champion b4 actually fighting. Very time-consuming for me, and the fact that it uses 15 energy from quest energy instead of utilising its own type of energy makes it much more time wasting FOR ME. (15 quest energy equals 75 mins to recover).
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Tbh its something fun to do.

even putting in alittle time and accumulating rewards will help. I am just glad a new mode is coming, especially since incursions has kinda fizzled out
  • Hey there, we appreciate the feedback, though do keep in mind that this mode is currently still in beta. As such, every part of the mode, including the rewards, are still subject to tuning and updates when the mode is ready to launch.
This discussion has been closed.