**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Failure in Communication: AI Changes

13»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

To me it is not that complicated and also apparent what has happened when you follow the timeline of events.

A game engine update leads to some players being unable to adequately react to some AI timings/movements.

The AI then changes and becomes noticeably passive which is later improved on but is not what the ai was pre engine update.

Refractor is released and people once again notice changes in the AI timings/movements.

To me that clearly says adjustments were made to the AI to compensate for the input issues arising from the engine update and now with the refractor being out the AI has once again been adjusted to be closer to what it was pre update.

Personally I do not encounter AI that refuses to throw specials anymore than I did 4 years ago. Sometimes you can get stuck in a loop (just like you have always been able to) where the AI will not use a special unless you break that loop by changing what you are doing while trying to bait; like hitting into block or knocking them down.

While I can’t completely agree with the point about throwing specials, this is as plausible an explanation as any. There’s been a lot of work under the hood of the game. I tend to think what’s going on is unintended, but also so entwined with different areas of the game that its nearly impossible to figure out what is the “causation.”

Dr. Zola
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Surprising not even their basic "Hey everyone, the team is looking into it" message has been posted. They're being too quiet
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    Yeah if you are struggling to bait the defender, go for a block hit and the ai will more than likely intercept with their special.. or parry you, then combo and chain to special attack if it’s in AW.
This discussion has been closed.