**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Get a first look at June's Champions in the new Champion Reveal Trailer: Legacies!

2»

Comments

• TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Awesome! Im not familiar with the champs, but they both look cool. Cant wait to see them in game.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

That's one of the most antiquated arguments I've heard. It's a half-acceptance. "It's okay as long as I don't have to see it."
    I'm going to take a moment here and be educational. The reality is people don't have to hide their heterosexuality. Whether it's media, entertainment, stories, society....it's ingrained in our culture. Yet it's called being obvious, forced on people, and too overt if same-sex couples are seen.
    The reality is, all people have the right to express themselves. I'd love to have a world where we don't have to dedicate a month, or even a day, to showing people it's okay to be themselves. That's unfortunately not the world we live in yet.
    There have been major strides and people have come far. However, some are still being rejected, beaten, murdered, driven to drug abuse and suicide, denied jobs, shunned, and the list goes on and on. At the risk of talking on outside issues, I feel it's important to point out that the basis of Pride is to show all people there is hope and inclusion. Not to challenge those who don't agree. As long as people are still dying, which is a very real possibility in some countries, then it is still necessary.
    My final thought is this. I'm humbled that this is being included in the game. We are a part of society, cultures, the world in general. Including one thing does not take away from another.

Fantastically put. A straight couple on screen nobody cares. A gay couple? Stop rubbing it in our face.

When you’ve been privileged, empowered and represented your whole life, equality can feel like discrimination

I’m a straight white male, every show or film I’ve ever watched has had me in it. So what if there’s a gay person, a black person or a woman? Pipe down and let others be involved and celebrated too
    Herc has a gay romance synergy, yet people don’t mind that. The argument being made isn’t that gay people shouldn’t be added into the game. It’s the way Hulking and Wiccan are being added into the game feels forced…
    I would just like to say that there were people the did/do mind that synergy
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    So uhh back to the topic at hand...Wiccan sounds interesting but Hulkling on the other hand doesn't excite me as much. Cosmics in general I find to be a bit boring but we'll have to see
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

That's one of the most antiquated arguments I've heard. It's a half-acceptance. "It's okay as long as I don't have to see it."
    I'm going to take a moment here and be educational. The reality is people don't have to hide their heterosexuality. Whether it's media, entertainment, stories, society....it's ingrained in our culture. Yet it's called being obvious, forced on people, and too overt if same-sex couples are seen.
    The reality is, all people have the right to express themselves. I'd love to have a world where we don't have to dedicate a month, or even a day, to showing people it's okay to be themselves. That's unfortunately not the world we live in yet.
    There have been major strides and people have come far. However, some are still being rejected, beaten, murdered, driven to drug abuse and suicide, denied jobs, shunned, and the list goes on and on. At the risk of talking on outside issues, I feel it's important to point out that the basis of Pride is to show all people there is hope and inclusion. Not to challenge those who don't agree. As long as people are still dying, which is a very real possibility in some countries, then it is still necessary.
    My final thought is this. I'm humbled that this is being included in the game. We are a part of society, cultures, the world in general. Including one thing does not take away from another.

Fantastically put. A straight couple on screen nobody cares. A gay couple? Stop rubbing it in our face.

When you’ve been privileged, empowered and represented your whole life, equality can feel like discrimination

I’m a straight white male, every show or film I’ve ever watched has had me in it. So what if there’s a gay person, a black person or a woman? Pipe down and let others be involved and celebrated too
    Herc has a gay romance synergy, yet people don’t mind that.
    You'd be surprised. There were the same issues when herc was added. And people naive enough(bless them) to ask why herc had a romance with wolvy
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★

The X-Men have always been probably one of the most obvious allegories for a plethora of civil rights movements in the past, and I think that's the reason many of us have felt so attached to them. They have long given many of us that felt different a sense of belonging and a way to feel "seen" and people to identify with. For many of us, it wasn't until years later that there were more literal representations of ourselves in the Comics/Shows/Movies we loved, and it makes me so happy to see that we are finally able to add an LGBTQ+ couple to the game.

Don't even get me started on X-Men, they left that niche years ago. Now instead of the minorities they were supposed to represent they're basically being your average conservative extremist's view on said minorities.

Gotta admit, I was hoping for Wiccan to get paired with Speed, for obvious reasons, but that works better here, especially given we're about to get QS anyway. My only complaint is that this quarter is a bit mystic-heavy the same way previous one was with mutants. It's probably gonna balance when we consider whole year though.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 246 ★★★
    On a different note... Does Hulkling's design remind anyone else of Annihilus?
This discussion has been closed.