**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uhhh what is this war match

2»

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

First of all XK9 only shells for two seasons, not every season as you mentioned there. according to what happened, it has nothing to do with the shell, but with matchmaking, which has already been broken for two wars, with differences between winning and losing twice the AW rating as an out-of-frame match as you well know. and what happened today even worse. It wasn't just XK9 that had a match like this, there were more tier1 alliances that had it, there were tier3 alliances that got it from tier6. As I said it has nothing to do with shell. last season with shell we caught a lot of master and top3 alliances.

F&G
    x5e
    MI-BR
    Salty
    J•A
    PBT
    GT40
    NewN
    x5e
    TCN
    DSVG
    J•A

XK9 last season

"We're not sleazey and try to game the system all the time, just most of the time"

You can't be serious 😂
  • OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45
    Both alliances using shells are the ones benefiting from this. It looks like they’re taking advantage of kabams poorly designed matchmaking system. It’s hard not to feel bad for these alliances with the misfortune of matching them.
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 343 ★★
    Shouldn't there be a way to prevent an alliance with 3100 rating from matching a 2700, as in matching should be done with alliances of a similar war rating (let's say +/- 100 points in war rating between opponents is still reasonable, but not 400?)

The matching system needs improvement

If anyone looks into it it also would be nice to forbid repeat matchups of the same two opponents during the same season, it's just boring
  • Almost feels like the age of activity of an alliance is being used as a parameter in matchmaking to get easier matchups.
    Does anyone know what Iso8A( D69 shell) and XK9 matched this season?
  • Mad_Titan_ThanosMad_Titan_Thanos Posts: 77

Almost feels like the age of activity of an alliance is being used as a parameter in matchmaking to get easier matchups.

Yeah, a few friends of mine and I run a spreadsheet that helps us keep track of who has who throughout a season. XK9 has had F&G, SGA-1, SSx-1, and A-XMN. As for iso8a, they have had LOXC, Ny718, Another shell ally (Stella Deus), and then the alliance that they happened to get matched with last war
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

We are facing an alliance that is expert rank 2, we are platinum 3 ranked 60 and we have a 360 point difference in power, this should not have originated in any way. But as always the support team shines for giving an answer.

Seems like an even matchup to me. We die a lot 🥴

Almost feels like the age of activity of an alliance is being used as a parameter in matchmaking to get easier matchups.

Keep my alliance name, out your ******* mouth.
    -Blaine probably
    To be clear—war matchmaking is messed up right now. We should not be facing back-to-back plat 3 allies. Our whole ally has 4-6 r4 champs. We fought multiple r2 defenders last war. But I will say, the ally we faced put a lot of thought into defense and I will probably steal some of their placements.
  • Mad_Titan_ThanosMad_Titan_Thanos Posts: 77
    Run477 said:

To be clear—war matchmaking is messed up right now. We should not be facing back-to-back plat 3 allies. Our whole ally has 4-6 r4 champs. We fought multiple r2 defenders last war. But I will say, the ally we faced put a lot of thought into defense and I will probably steal some of their placements.

Are you XK9 or iso8a?

Run477 said:

We are facing an alliance that is expert rank 2, we are platinum 3 ranked 60 and we have a 360 point difference in power, this should not have originated in any way. But as always the support team shines for giving an answer.

Seems like an even matchup to me. We die a lot 🥴
    We just want every war to be fair for every alliance, we won't waste resources on bugs that aren't returned. And if any alliance is taking advantage of something to get this type of matchmaking, they should be sanctioned accordingly.
    You can’t “take advantage of matchmaking” anymore. Our war rating is 3100+. We shouldn’t match a 2700 ally.
  • OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45

Fix this kabam