**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Thronebreaker Daily Offers

13»

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

that isn't actually how odds work....your odds actually end up lower than 4.5% overall
    Yeah, I was joking. Apparently.
    sorry i honestly couldn't tell but glad you were!
    hahaha, me too :p
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

that isn't actually how odds work....your odds actually end up lower than 4.5% overall
    Sure, it's more complicated than 1.5*3, but it is almost equivalent here.

So it is a slight nerf to the previous 4.5% featured cav crystal
    Thanks for the Math although I never said it was a big nerf but it's enough of one that I'm staying away from the Crystals unless the drop rates are updated. The other stuff is cool but over a longer period of time this nerf will mean less 6* stars than previously. I'm guessing this is a mistake on Kabam's part but i'm hearing a needle drop when it comes to them right now as nobody has replied. guess they are having their stat holiday a week early.
  • Options
    Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

Sure, it's more complicated than 1.5*3, but it is almost equivalent here.

So it is a slight nerf to the previous 4.5% featured cav crystal
    Thanks for the Math although I never said it was a big nerf but it's enough of one that I'm staying away from the Crystals unless the drop rates are updated. The other stuff is cool but over a longer period of time this nerf will mean less 6* stars than previously. I'm guessing this is a mistake on Kabam's part but i'm hearing a needle drop when it comes to them right now as nobody has replied. guess they are having their stat holiday a week early.
    Yeah, that was really just for those interested in the math (since I've seen a bunch of comments that misinterpret/misunderstand what the 1.5% drop rate for a nexus really is).

I hope it's a mistake on kabam's part as well since it is a small nerf to the crystal.

Would love to hear from Kabam on whether this drop rate is intended or a mistake.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    It ben confirmed it wrong it should be 3 procen somting
  • Options
    Confirmed on the other post that the drop rate should be 3%, not 1.5%.

This is good news. This is ~8.7% chance to get a 6* then.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,725 ★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Capitalism, baby. Kabam is a business. I am a consumer. This provides me value and it provides Kabam revenue. Everything seems to be working here.

Lol 😆
  • Options
    TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    Potentially $140/mo on this + $10/mo on Sigil...hmmm. $150/month subscription-based MCOC is on the way. But to each his/her own.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

I believe the drop rate on the nexus was always 1.5%

Class-specific daily specials have always had the highest drop rates, even more so than featured cavs.

The 2 for $5 cav nexses that show up on Wednesdays for special events like the Ms Marvel tv show were 3.6% for a 6* + 0.9% for a 6* nexus crystal, when you checked the info on those Cav nexus crystals.

That was the same drop rate as the daily Cav crystals before today ie 3.6+0.9% for a 6*/6* nexus.

There is no way this 6* drop rate has been dropped to 1.5% overall on purpose.
    It's not 1.5% overall. It is 1.5% rolled 3 times, which makes it ~4.43%.
    Well given kabam miike has confirmed there's an error and it should be at least 3%....I think you need to check your maths.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

Class-specific daily specials have always had the highest drop rates, even more so than featured cavs.

The 2 for $5 cav nexses that show up on Wednesdays for special events like the Ms Marvel tv show were 3.6% for a 6* + 0.9% for a 6* nexus crystal, when you checked the info on those Cav nexus crystals.

That was the same drop rate as the daily Cav crystals before today ie 3.6+0.9% for a 6*/6* nexus.

Well given kabam miike has confirmed there's an error and it should be at least 3%....I think you need to check your maths.
    The math is accurate, the crystals originally were posted with. 1.5% chance to get a 6 star, 3 times make the odds 4.43. Now that kabam has said it should be 3% then your odds are at 8.86% to get at least one six star in a nexus. What I find interesting is that at 1.5% everyone lost their minds over a nerf from 4.5% to 4.43% to get a six star. People refusing to buy them, Prof making multiple videos about kabam breaking TOS and can be sued over what amounts to a change of 7 out of 10,000 crystals. Entitlement is strong to say the least here, especially considering how much everything else got buffed. I am glad to see kabam boosting the odds but the originally change was very, very minor.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

My math was fine. But to update it to the outcomes given a 3% drop rate, this brings our chance to see at least 1 6* to about 8.7%. Much better than before
  • Options
    Snakep said:

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

The math is accurate, the crystals originally were posted with. 1.5% chance to get a 6 star, 3 times make the odds 4.43. Now that kabam has said it should be 3% then your odds are at 8.86% to get at least one six star in a nexus. What I find interesting is that at 1.5% everyone lost their minds over a nerf from 4.5% to 4.43% to get a six star. People refusing to buy them, Prof making multiple videos about kabam breaking TOS and can be sued over what amounts to a change of 7 out of 10,000 crystals. Entitlement is strong to say the least here, especially considering how much everything else got buffed. I am glad to see kabam boosting the odds but the originally change was very, very minor.
    I think I got 8.73% instead of 8.86%, but the point is the same.

Whenever Nexus crystal drop rates are brought up, half of the community doesn't interpret the drop rate correctly.
  • Options
    BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Posts: 204

Wowwwww, these seem like some of the best value to get yourself to paragon if you need to. T6B and T3A frags in the daily offers as well as accruing a new currency that nets you 10% of both catalysts. Very enticing daily offer along with the nexus cavs and T5CC frag selectors.

How did you pull this screen up
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    I think this is just for this week, not a ongoing thing...
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    smy168 said:

Wrongs already said it for ever in to Kabam may change it
  • Options
    cfpreludecfprelude Posts: 112
    Fyi TB daily offer is messed up today. Mutant nexus crystal does not show in inventory. Has a visual bug on the crystal in the offer but it definitely didn't show up in inventory. Reloaded inventory twice to make sure. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GoterdamRungGoterdamRung Posts: 49
    edited July 2022
    I also had the Crystal error out today, bought the mutant and the crystal didn’t show in stash
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 522 ★★★
    Same here. Put in a ticket. No response on Amy of the threads. Though they could take the time to close one...
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★

smy168 said:

Wrong!! This is for every week going forward!!

Relax bro, just a game...good to know that its a long term, this seems like its a game wide so submitting tickets won't push the issue...7 years later I've learned to just wait and see what happens. peace bro
  • Options
    cfpreludecfprelude Posts: 112
    Fyi just logged back in and mutant nexus is there now.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

The core of this thread was addressed in a different thread, I'll copy that over here:

Hey all! Sorry for the late response, but we have confirmed that the Drop Rates should actually be 3%, and not 1.5%.

We are going to correct this for the future offers, and will be sending out the correct crystals to Summoners that bought the Crystal with the incorrect drop rates at some time in the near future.

Additionally, the missing crystals from Nexus crystals are now populating in accounts, as @cfprelude has seen!
  • Options
    Snakep said:

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

No it's not. I stated the drop rate was incorrect at 1.5% for a 6* and @Hopper13131 tried to correct me about chances - something I was not talking about.

The crystal lists drop rates. It should have said 3% drop rate for a 6* and it in error said 1.5% . That's really all there was to it. No calculations were necessary to see that.

People who came on here contesting the obvious with maths, when the answer was in plain sight (there was an error), were only confusing the issue at hand.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

Clearly I was talking about the overall drop rate on each pull ... each time a champ appears the drop rate is supposed to be 3% for a 6* not 1.5% . I was not talking about chances (or I would have said so) - I was talking about what the crystal lists as its drop rates. Drop rates pertain to each time a champ appears in a given instant - it was incorrect and now it's been confirmed and fixed.