Price of pre release champion bundles

NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 β˜…β˜…β˜…
Been playing this game on and off for 3 years and ain't never spent real money. So just saw silks animations and fell in love with the champion so I thought maybe I can buy her cos I know I'm never getting her from a crystal just to find out the price for a "5STAR" costs nearly 50dollars 🧐🧐.HOW!!!!!
Do y'all actually buy those???
Who sits down and goes "let me just waste 50dollars on a character that I'll get bored off in a week".
Who makes these sale prices I don't think any kabam dev would openly do that if they were in our shoes.
Who literally makes these sales? It's not like it's a 7star
If it was like 10-15dollars max 20 I'd consider depending on how bad I'd want a champ but 50dollars for a 5* is WILD😐
I'm not even mad, just surprised a human being charges this much for such low value and rarity of champs

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,203 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Pikolu said:

I know many people that bought her and one of them got and duped their 7* silk with 2 bundles. Keep in mind people were buying these when there was no guaranteed champion.

Let alone 2 guaranteed 5 stars
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They're not in our shoes, they're in the money making business
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I've never understood the urge for people to whale out on loot crates. Generally microtransactions are a dealbreaker for me in a game, but MCOC does a good job of giving you enough resources through playing the game to where you're not at a huge disadvantage if you're completely F2P. It's probably the only game I can say that about.

I can buy a AAA game on sale a few months after release for like $40, or $10 if I'm willing to wait a couple years, and I can play them forever. $50 in this game gets me a champ and a few loot crates.

I have a 3 accounts, one of which is Paragon and the other two of which are Thronebreaker, so the game is still appealing enough for me to play, even without having to spend money.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,485 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Dukenpuke said:

I've never understood the urge for people to whale out on loot crates. Generally microtransactions are a dealbreaker for me in a game, but MCOC does a good job of giving you enough resources through playing the game to where you're not at a huge disadvantage if you're completely F2P. It's probably the only game I can say that about.

I can buy a AAA game on sale a few months after release for like $40, or $10 if I'm willing to wait a couple years, and I can play them forever. $50 in this game gets me a champ and a few loot crates.

I have a 3 accounts, one of which is Paragon and the other two of which are Thronebreaker, so the game is still appealing enough for me to play, even without having to spend money.

It's all about the chase my friend. Getting the new Champ is a motivating factor.

Dukenpuke said:

It's all about the chase my friend. Getting the new Champ is a motivating factor.
    Sure, but you can still get new champs without spending money.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

True, but the game still needs someone to spend in for there to be a game to play.

You don't have to spend but at the same time, don't judge others for their choices.

Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

True, but the game still needs someone to spend in for there to be a game to play.

You don't have to spend but at the same time, don't judge others for their choices.
    Not judging. Just saying I don't get it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,485 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

All money does is save time. Aside from a few exclusives that are not grindable, money saves time. Some people don't want to wait for RNGesus or to do the Arena and take a chance. Personally, I don't judge what people do with their money.

Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

All money does is save time. Aside from a few exclusives that are not grindable, money saves time. Some people don't want to wait for RNGesus or to do the Arena and take a chance. Personally, I don't judge what people do with their money.
    Again, not judging. Just saying I don't get it.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,172 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Β£26 quid for the 3* is a joke too.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,535 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    two years ago I was whaling and Kabam Miike is correct about previous feature cav crystal bundles didn't have any 5* included.. getting a 5* instead of 6* was still considered good luck.. during that period even with the low % of pulling 6* I had a pretty high 6* acquisition record.. 30+ close to 35 or 37 6* for that year 2021
  • OurobΓΈrosOurobΓΈros Member Posts: 1,508 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’ll just leave this here…

(that’s a lot of money)
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,689 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm not a fan of Kabams pricing and pushing P2W lately but there is absolutely nothing wrong with these bundles. Like mentioned the 5* is just a nice guaranteed bonus to the featured crystals and shards you're actually paying for.
  • Echo1999Echo1999 Member Posts: 6
    what level do you have to be to get a 5* in the pre release bundle.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,689 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Echo1999 said:

what level do you have to be to get a 5* in the pre release bundle.

While bumping an old probably isn't the best way to go, it's based on progression level, Cavalier, Paragon etc. I'm not sure if the 5* is Cavalier or Uncollected maybe a wiser player can tell.