**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sudden spike on Viper and Shriek retweet

13»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

tbh id consider being suspicious if anyone gets more retweets than likes

...why? The way you vote on Twitter is by Retweeting. Not Liking.
    Is it by tweeting using champ name with hashtag ?
    Or only by “Re-tweeting” a tweet that someone else has already typed the champs hashtag name ?
    (or does either way work ?)

Wondering how many votes for “RubyTuesday”
    I mean “Ruby (space) Tuesday”
    I mean “Thursday”
    ..are being lost because of that.

———
    And how many come out of “in-game” voting ? (along with 1 from Twitter)
    Is it 3 + 1, and then is there just one more Final Round, or another Semi-Final with 4 plus a Final of just 2 ??

(if 3+1..) is it “IN-Game” top 3 first, then whichever Twitter from among the other 5 left that is highest so basically ignore Twitter votes for Top Game 3 because they already advance) ?
    Or if just TOP 1 from Twitter, and that one is already in from “in-game” does that mean 1 less overall advances (because included same one from both methods) ??

Not sure they described that level of detail on Forum here or in game (and forgot from previous years).
    I'm starting to understand how many MCOC Forum users aren't familiar with Twitter (which is probably a good thing, tbh).

MCOC posted a Tweet for each character. Whichever of those Tweets it Retweeted (or reposted/shared, in other words) is the winner and that champion goes on.
    I like it because it's an outside force we have no control over, plus it can potentially bring new people to the game.
    Yeah, as a Twitter person, I think the Wildcard being over there is a great thing.

I'm currently watching the entire Carnage and Symbiote communities campaign for Shriek. It's nice.
    It's nice watching 200 people who actually play the game lose because one person who has over 1k followers qrted with "oomfs pls rt" and single handedly destroyed everyone? I'm sorry, no lol.

tbh id consider being suspicious if anyone gets more retweets than likes

...why? The way you vote on Twitter is by Retweeting. Not Liking.
    Is it by tweeting using champ name with hashtag ?
    Or only by “Re-tweeting” a tweet that someone else has already typed the champs hashtag name ?
    (or does either way work ?)

Wondering how many votes for “RubyTuesday”
    I mean “Ruby (space) Tuesday”
    I mean “Thursday”
    ..are being lost because of that.

———
    And how many come out of “in-game” voting ? (along with 1 from Twitter)
    Is it 3 + 1, and then is there just one more Final Round, or another Semi-Final with 4 plus a Final of just 2 ??

(if 3+1..) is it “IN-Game” top 3 first, then whichever Twitter from among the other 5 left that is highest so basically ignore Twitter votes for Top Game 3 because they already advance) ?
    Or if just TOP 1 from Twitter, and that one is already in from “in-game” does that mean 1 less overall advances (because included same one from both methods) ??

Not sure they described that level of detail on Forum here or in game (and forgot from previous years).
    I'm starting to understand how many MCOC Forum users aren't familiar with Twitter (which is probably a good thing, tbh).

MCOC posted a Tweet for each character. Whichever of those Tweets it Retweeted (or reposted/shared, in other words) is the winner and that champion goes on.
    I like it because it's an outside force we have no control over, plus it can potentially bring new people to the game.
    Yeah, as a Twitter person, I think the Wildcard being over there is a great thing.

I'm currently watching the entire Carnage and Symbiote communities campaign for Shriek. It's nice.
    It's nice watching 200 people who actually play the game lose because one person who has over 1k followers qrted with "oomfs pls rt" and single handedly destroyed everyone? I'm sorry, no lol.
    90% of people are probably voting based off content creators and 90% probably don’t even know any origins of any of the characters. Soo the choice doesn’t matter whether it’s someone who plays this game or on Twitter.

It would be like someone saying none of you are marvel fans you all shouldn’t get to vote on characters
    How do you know 90% of people are voting based off content creators? That's your assumption, do you have any proof of such assumptions? Cause I can in fact show you the accounts that boosted the voting on Twitter so I have proof, do you?

If the voting is going to have an impact in in a game which you obviously don't play, absolutely, why should you? If it's called a Summoner's Choice, why is it that Twitter decides who gets the Wildcard (which is a massive advantage cause it sends you straight to final round) and not the summoners? (Yes, most of the people on Twitter boosting Shriek's votes don't actually play the game, they're just apart of those communities that obsess over comic characters and that's literally what their entire accounts are about). A lot of these people on Twitter don't even care about Shriek, they rted because someone asked them to or because she's related to Carnage who they actually do care about.

L Opinion.
    Get ratio’d.

Wild card is a wild card for a reason
    I’d argue that your opinion is the L one. Clobberin is right, the way the wildcard vote was conducted was stupid as usual. Same as restricting the 7* Titan pool votes to Twitter last year
    Finally someone with sound judgment, thank you! It always bothers me how Twitter is allowed to make important decisions like this one, if it was just next round fine but straight to the final round? Come on in what world does Shriek actually beat Blob in popularity? There's a reason she wasn't even third in every other poll made on the Forums Reddit or even YouTube. Worst part is if they both were in the final I would vote Shriek myself so it's not like I'm biased or something, I just think it's dumb to give Twitter people this much power. The fact that Colossus beat Toad, Prof. X and Omega Red (yeah yeah sig 200 still a better champ in general and eventually would've paid off) tells you a lot about how clueless about the game people on Twitter really are.
This discussion has been closed.