**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another bug costs us: Market Points scam from Kabam

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
So I noticed market points in the store yesterday and I bought 2 Namor to get +200 points each.

Low and behold Kabam takes it down now and I didn’t accumulate anything. Can I get a refund?

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    What are market points? What do you get for them???
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

What are market points? What do you get for them???

They are something that will be announced at a later point that accidentally went live prematurely on the web store. All it said there was “X number of market points in this bundle,” but did not say anything about their purpose or what could be done with them.

OP, if you are lucky, you will have those points when they properly go live. I don’t know the mechanics of the web store well enough to say that Kabam can track this purchase, but that’s your best case scenario.

But ultimately, you chose to buy those things without any clue as to what they were. Kabam could literally come out and say they don’t do anything, they’re like your forum score and are a purely cosmetic, meaningless thing, and you’d be left with no recourse. There’s a reason the phrase “buyer beware” exists.
  • Options
    (for reference)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359062/market-points#latest

As for asking for refund, I guess you could try to go thru Kabam and ask for refund, so long as you haven’t used the Units. (just NOT thru your credit card company)
    Or just wait and see if you might actually have those new “Market Points” on your account once they do fully go live.
  • Options
    It’s technically false advertising. When the purchase was made, it said +200 market points.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

It’s technically false advertising. When the purchase was made, it said +200 market points.

They weren't even advertised as anything though. It could have said 3 bananas and it would have meant the same thing essentially
  • Options
    What don’t you get. When I purchased it. It says +200 market points.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,679 Guardian
    Should have done your research on this topic. Legend has it though that acquiring 4million market points gives you a free 1* groot.

Also if you wanted to test market points, you could have just bought the paragon daily deal for 5.
  • Options

If Kabam wanted to do the right thing and as a big paying customer (check how much I spend) they would add my market points into my account when they put it in. And others too when that feature was available “accidentally “ If they don’t put it in fine. That’s the right thing to do

Miike already told you to talk to support for a refund and then you can rebuy it next week when the market points are ready to work.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Bro, I even wait 2 days before doing new content (unless there's a bug to abuse) and here you are buying stuff for some Market Points, that's not even officially released.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 537 ★★★
    Redfire's OG Account?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,052 ★★★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

Pikolu said:

Should have done your research on this topic. Legend has it though that acquiring 4million market points gives you a free 1* groot.

Also if you wanted to test market points, you could have just bought the paragon daily deal for 5.

So then every time I see buy 2 get 1 free posted on any item, I should go home do my due diligence, call the corporate office, ask on Reddit, and then come back to purchase it? :#
    No, you can ask a store associate before buying.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★

XFREEDOMX said:

Pikolu said:

So then every time I see buy 2 get 1 free posted on any item, I should go home do my due diligence, call the corporate office, ask on Reddit, and then come back to purchase it? :#
    No, you can ask a store associate before buying.
    LOL! Ok
  • Options
    XFREEDOMX said:

Pikolu said:

There was no buy 2 get 1 free though. That is very much a false equivalence. OP saw the summoner market was giving market points, had NO IDEA whatsoever what they did, and decided to not buy just 1 namor, but 2 of them before even looking to see if they did something. If you want to be the guinea pig, then I recommend buying a low-cost item rather than buying the 2 of the highest cost items in the entire store.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    So, what were you expecting in exchange for market points? If you jump into things that you don't have any clue about, you have a bigger issue to concern yourself with in real life :neutral:
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

It doesn’t matter that no one knows what these Market Points are for. They were part of the purchase at the point of payment so OP should have there points. It could be the 400 points are literally just symbols that do absolutely nothing, but he should still have them as they were part of the purchase.

Op does still have them. They're just not visible because... they don't do anything yet. If they went properly live there would be a spot where op could see them I'm sure. But as miike said. It wasn't supposed to go live so to no ones surprise, the feature isn't fully implemented
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    Antsiou said:

As usual, too many “forum know better” belittling OP and pretending that’s on them to buy something they don’t know the full extent. You can take apart all you want if it’s false advertising or not, but the store showed items + bonus items. If this was the reason OP made the purchase (even not knowing what the bonus item are for) it stands to reason to ask for a refund or getting the said bonus items.

He can get the refund! We have it here in bright orange text! This is not an issue!

And I promise that it’s not false advertising. I can literally guarantee that. We don’t need to have that conversation.
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 173 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

That would make sense. If OP didn't have the items. OP literally doesn't know and is just crying about it without the full info.

OP didn’t get the items, the market points. In this case it’s moot whether they knew what the points were for. As much as you argue it’s on them for buying something without the full info, it can be argued also that it’s not the first time something is made available (not by mistake) without some clear info (the extra daily crystal in the web store for example) and assuming the points will provide something.
    It’s just pretty depressing to see how easy it is for some to always blame OP cause they know better.
  • Options
    Antsiou said:

ahmynuts said:

That would make sense. If OP didn't have the items. OP literally doesn't know and is just crying about it without the full info.

OP didn’t get the items, the market points. In this case it’s moot whether they knew what the points were for. As much as you argue it’s on them for buying something without the full info, it can be argued also that it’s not the first time something is made available (not by mistake) without some clear info (the extra daily crystal in the web store for example) and assuming the points will provide something.
    It’s just pretty depressing to see how easy it is for some to always blame OP cause they know better.
    How do you know they didn't get the market points? They could have them, but Kabam just hasn't implemented the thing that shows how many you have.
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 173 ★★
    I don’t know, but I’d rather assume OP is telling the truth than not.
    Also Miike is giving OP instructions on how to ask for a refund. That tells me that he assume support can use time on the case cause most likely OP got no credit with the units purchase. Why would he direct OP to support if there’s no ground for refund?