**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"De-awakening Gem" and de-rank tickets compensation

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    "I used a Gem on Cable. Now he's in the Crystals. Should I get my Gem back? No."

The gem you used on your Cable, was a 4* awakening gem, used for a 4* champ that is only at rank 4. The gems that we used were a 5* gem, used for a 5* champ that is at rank 4, & can only be attained for beating the hardest content currently in the game. Huge difference, man. This is not knocking you either, but 4* gems are more easily attained than 5* gems.

I agree with Code/Versus on this. But... If Kabam is not willing to do this, I feel that the 5* Classic Ultron from LOL should gain a buff. Kabam can leave him how he is right now, but add a regen buff to him, like the AOU version of Ultron. After all, the classic version is 20x stronger in the comics than the AOU one. It would make sense since may of us who beat LOL 100% didn't do it cheap, & would also make an exclusive champ that cannot be attained anywhere else in the game live up to it's name/feature.

Did I mention the Rank of my Cable?
    It's the general point that people choose who they use their own Gems on. The game has no control over that.

yeah, point is it would be different if you were under the supported assumption that you would NEVER be able to dupe your Cable in a crystal, EVER.

Does that change your thinking?

No. It's still a decision I would make. Could have used it on SL. Could have used it on IP, for that matter.
    It's still elective.
  • Options
    Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    Great Suggestion, but Kabam will do nothing.

They are now in the. We are just going to screw over the top % of playerbase over and over till we make them quit.

The Featured top rates for top accounts are completely sickening. The horror stories inside ISO8, CORE and MMX are not fun to read.

The Fact that those 3 alliances where also the most affected from LOL being butchered to be made easier. Again i will say anyone that finished LOL before 12.1 should already have been given compensation from Kabam, because that they did to LOL was fuckery of the highest degree.

With that and what they did to the rewards in Season 4 of AQ, which quite frankly was a middle finger up to the top 5, cutting out rewards (Alphas, T4B) that we get on a weekly basis.

Entire thing has become farcical
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I don't see how people don't understand that at the top level in-game decisions are made based on information. When you are fed misinformation you'll make decisions you wouldn't normally make and that costs the player.
  • Options
    The problem is people need to look at this objectively, but they aren't. For some reason in our culture we are taught to hate the rich, so we liken the whales in this game to them and are happy when they pull SheHulk from the featured crystal. We toss out their legitimate complaints and say that they should not have bought them, they should have known better.

The community has no sympathy for dirty dirty spenders, in their eyes, people like Verus are whats wrong with the game.

When in reality the top spenders pay the bills. They are just looking for an improved game like everyone else. they hate the bugs too.

They were expressly targeted with the 500$ deal last week, but because they are at the top, people like to point and laugh at their misfortune. It is a sad commentary on our society when shady business tactics are not only accepted by a large portion of the community, but actually applauded.

Whats also sad is that no one one the game team has acknowledged any of the complains about this new 5* system.

Shiny new forums and we are just talking to ourselves, ripping each other apart, and no one in the Vancouver office is listening.

Has nothing to do with bias based on spending habits. It's people not taking responsibility for their own choices and expecting compensation for every change that comes in a game that is always changing.

Compensation for every change? I've made like 20 posts on this and the old forums combined, far from it.

This is a special case of shady business tactics. I don't speak up much but when I saw my member who opened up a VP on the featured crystal, and the way he reacted, I cant stay silent.

Its bait and switch. you cant defend it.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    "I used a Gem on Cable. Now he's in the Crystals. Should I get my Gem back? No."

The gem you used on your Cable, was a 4* awakening gem, used for a 4* champ that is only at rank 4. The gems that we used were a 5* gem, used for a 5* champ that is at rank 4, & can only be attained for beating the hardest content currently in the game. Huge difference, man. This is not knocking you either, but 4* gems are more easily attained than 5* gems.

I agree with Code/Versus on this. But... If Kabam is not willing to do this, I feel that the 5* Classic Ultron from LOL should gain a buff. Kabam can leave him how he is right now, but add a regen buff to him, like the AOU version of Ultron. After all, the classic version is 20x stronger in the comics than the AOU one. It would make sense since may of us who beat LOL 100% didn't do it cheap, & would also make an exclusive champ that cannot be attained anywhere else in the game live up to it's name/feature.

Did I mention the Rank of my Cable?
    It's the general point that people choose who they use their own Gems on. The game has no control over that.

yeah, point is it would be different if you were under the supported assumption that you would NEVER be able to dupe your Cable in a crystal, EVER.

Does that change your thinking?

The fact that they have added champs to the 5star crystal in the past should've told you they would do so again all this deal did was let u bypass all the waiting for a chance to get said hero faster this simply sounds like buyers remorse which should really need no compensation no one said they would never add champions to the five star crystals again that was just a assumption
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The problem is people need to look at this objectively, but they aren't. For some reason in our culture we are taught to hate the rich, so we liken the whales in this game to them and are happy when they pull SheHulk from the featured crystal. We toss out their legitimate complaints and say that they should not have bought them, they should have known better.

The community has no sympathy for dirty dirty spenders, in their eyes, people like Verus are whats wrong with the game.

When in reality the top spenders pay the bills. They are just looking for an improved game like everyone else. they hate the bugs too.

They were expressly targeted with the 500$ deal last week, but because they are at the top, people like to point and laugh at their misfortune. It is a sad commentary on our society when shady business tactics are not only accepted by a large portion of the community, but actually applauded.

Whats also sad is that no one one the game team has acknowledged any of the complains about this new 5* system.

Shiny new forums and we are just talking to ourselves, ripping each other apart, and no one in the Vancouver office is listening.
    Sorry, this blantantly implies others are biased in thier approach when you yourself are suggesting people need to give special consideration to those who have spent money. That's biased by your own admission, you can only accuse others of it without anything to back it up.

For one I don't assume the top has spent anything other than their time playing over the past two years. "The Rich" never factored into my opinion and arguments but clearly factor into yours. That's biased AF.

Why bring up bugs? Red herring.

As far as the top only spending on the featured crystals?
    1) That wasn't the argument presented by the OP but some one else's interpretation of the argument.
    2) We cannot say it was done with money as long time players could've easily accumulated those units over time. Look up my alliance I saw 3 of those deals purchased, My alliance by the way, Not at the top, not even close.

You choose to identify the practices as shady, when only considering your perceptions and the perceptions of those around you. That does not define it as shady, well aside from the like minded in your clique.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Has nothing to do with bias based on spending habits. It's people not taking responsibility for their own choices and expecting compensation for every change that comes in a game that is always changing.

Compensation for every change? I've made like 20 posts on this and the old forums combined, far from it.

This is a special case of shady business tactics. I don't speak up much but when I saw my member who opened up a VP on the featured crystal, and the way he reacted, I cant stay silent.

Its bait and switch. you cant defend it.

You cannot prove that it is a bait and switch because you cannot prove that their intentions were to deceive people into spending money knowing full well that the items would change. In fact, nothing about the offer changed. People bought a chance at the Champs listed, that's what they got.
    You can voice whatever you like. That doesn't mean your accusations are accurate.
  • Options
    DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    Riegel wrote: »
    I don't see how people don't understand that at the top level in-game decisions are made based on information. When you are fed misinformation you'll make decisions you wouldn't normally make and that costs the player.

Because people down there don't understand that up here it's a competition.

Also don't people remember how players constantly asked on the forums regarding if the featured 5*s are ever coming back and Miike would always say that's never in the plans or stayed silent about it? Found that pretty hilarious lol ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    DReckoning wrote: »

Also don't people remember how players constantly asked on the forums regarding if the featured 5*s are ever coming back and Miike would always say that's never in the plans or stayed silent about it? Found that pretty hilarious lol ;)
    Nahh the funny thing is when a bunch people ask for the 5 star crystal to change then they do and people still find a way to complain
  • Options

Exactly, it's his favorite line, "not at this time." Then he drops the 5* info with a less than two week warning, after a huge deal they BAITED people into buying as they were led to believe it was their last chance for a featured dupe for a long time into the future.
    This game is a live environment people where asking if x champs crystal would come back at the time they prob had no plans to bring it back but after feedback was given they decided to do it why should people even make suggestions going by this logic if ur going to get pissed when kabam hears them then you guys wanna claim kabam does not listen to the community's feedback

• Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Sorry, this blantantly implies others are biased in thier approach when you yourself are suggesting people need to give special consideration to those who have spent money. That's biased by your own admission, you can only accuse others of it without anything to back it up.

For one I don't assume the top has spent anything other than their time playing over the past two years. "The Rich" never factored into my opinion and arguments but clearly factor into yours. That's biased AF.

Why bring up bugs? Red herring.

As far as the top only spending on the featured crystals?
    1) That wasn't the argument presented by the OP but some one else's interpretation of the argument.
    2) We cannot say it was done with money as long time players could've easily accumulated those units over time. Look up my alliance I saw 3 of those deals purchased, My alliance by the way, Not at the top, not even close.

You choose to identify the practices as shady, when only considering your perceptions and the perceptions of those around you. That does not define it as shady, well aside from the like minded in your clique.

wow where to start.

to think that there isn't animosity towards the top players especially on this topic is ridiculous, and to think that people just get to the top on the blood and sweat of their fingertips is equally ridiculous.

i brought up the bugs because it is a common thing that frustrates every player, regardless of stature

i am specifically calling out kabam for offering the 5* featured crystal to 500$, then soon after offering those same heroes in the basic crystal. if you don't think this devalues the deal, i cant argue with you.

and yes, people knew that they could make their way to the 5* crystal eventually, but there was no precedent for what was announced. and at 500$ they should have retained their exclusivity for more than a few days.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Exactly, it's his favorite line, "not at this time." Then he drops the 5* info with a less than two week warning, after a huge deal they BAITED people into buying as they were led to believe it was their last chance for a featured dupe for a long time into the future.
    This game is a live environment people where asking if x champs crystal would come back at the time they prob had no plans to bring it back but after feedback was given they decided to do it why should people even make suggestions going by this logic if ur going to get pissed when kabam hears them then you guys wanna claim kabam does not listen to the community's feedback

I think the idea is don't do a $500 deal right before a change that devaules the $500 deal, and give longer than 12 day notice of a huge change. Just throwing that out there.
This discussion has been closed.