FIX THE GAME! It’s Unplayable!

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
edited September 5 in General Discussion
I’ve made 3 posts about this now… The game is literally freezing for 10 seconds every minute of every fight now. Yes, in BG’s whilst the timer still ticks away behind the frozen screen. The game also STILL lags like crazy alongside the freezing, and whilst it’s lagging… the game doesn’t register my actions, and so I get hit with combos and specials. Do Kabam just not care about any huge issues with the game. Kabam seemingly doesn’t focus on or care to fix any huge, game breaking issues. They’re just focusing on all the elements of the game that makes money. There’s been no mention of looking into this problem even though it’s been brought up many times by members of the community. It’s literally ruining the game… but all the huge offers are out… so Bugs in the game are sidelined because summoners spending money on a broken game is more important. This has been going on since the Beta Ray Bill and Enchantress month update! FIX. THE. GAME.

Comments

• DeremusDeremus Member Posts: 148 ★★
    The lag is the worst it has been right now
  • JD0166JD0166 Member Posts: 11
    I feel you plus it doesn't help in BG when I'm still banning the champs, after I click the ban button and go to choose your champs screen, 3/5 times it automatically chooses my champ without giving me the 15 sec timer. And the lag is real in AW and AQ mostly
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
    @kabam Pinwheel Thanks for the update. That’s more than enough info on this issue. Glad to just know that Kabam is looking into it. That’s all that was needed lol
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★
    I’ve found that doing a hard reset on my phone “sometimes helps”,,,and sometimes not lol.
    But agreed, last couple updates the freezing and lag has been very noticeable.
    Would be nice and i think appropriate if the team gave out the “thanks for playing Mcoc” with a few revives and a few health potions each month until the issue is resolved.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Member Posts: 117
    edited September 6
    Had it on auto to finish a quest. Just a little shy of enough points to complete an event. Got distracted, didn’t notice it crashed, and when I reopened it a few min later, it hadn’t done anything and the event was over. Not a big deal, but frustrating given the issues we’ve been having.

Playing arenas, and it’s crashed 3x. This last time, it looks like I played my champs, but I hadn’t. Still have that 2x, so it doesn’t count as a loss, but no points either. I’d already uninstalled and reinstalled, didn’t help. The last support ticket I submitted was never answered either, so why bother? This is really frustrating.

Edit: iPad 10, but it happened on my older iPhone too.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

I’ve made 3 posts about this now… The game is literally freezing for 10 seconds every minute of every fight now. Yes, in BG’s whilst the timer still ticks away behind the frozen screen. The game also STILL lags like crazy alongside the freezing, and whilst it’s lagging… the game doesn’t register my actions, and so I get hit with combos and specials. Do Kabam just not care about any huge issues with the game. Kabam seemingly doesn’t focus on or care to fix any huge, game breaking issues. They’re just focusing on all the elements of the game that makes money. There’s been no mention of looking into this problem even though it’s been brought up many times by members of the community. It’s literally ruining the game… but all the huge offers are out… so Bugs in the game are sidelined because summoners spending money on a broken game is more important. This has been going on since the Beta Ray Bill and Enchantress month update! FIX. THE. GAME.

Literally happened to me twice in the last 5 mins. It's killing me. My game crashes so often and my phone is a high end one.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Ahnaldt101: FIX. YOUR. GAMEEEEEE!!!!!
  • 13_aivan13_aivan Member Posts: 3
    edited September 8
    Same here, it's unplayable. Don't care about compensations, it's just not enjoyable having to play like this.
    Since Beta Ray Bill and Enchantress this has been happening and this new month it's even worse.
    Please fix the game!
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
    @13_aivan 100% mate. Well said
  • Thunderbolt32Thunderbolt32 Member Posts: 12

Hey Tairique, first I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I know you're nowhere near the only one, we've been hearing about this issue a ton for the last little while. We've replied in a few places, but with how many reports there have been I know there are mentions we have missed. We are looking into this, its been a challenging and tricky problem to nail down for the team which makes it difficult to just fix, but we know how much of a pain point it is for players. Hell, Dork came back from his vacation and one of the first things he said to me in our catch-up sync was how bad the lag was on his push to paragon. So we absolutely know how frustrating it is and are staying on top of it with the game team to try and push for a resolution. As soon as we have more info on that to share we absolutely will, and in between then we'll continue to work to make sure that we do a better job of making sure you hear it from us that we're looking into it.

Hello, today it is happening to several summoners that we claim this month's calendar crystals, the almost invulnerable ones and in the special crystals tab, they do not appear
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    This can't be seen easy thing to fix, because it's simply not something affecting every player/device.

I'm 100% not saying this to crow over people, but just so people understand that this isn't a universal problem: Personally, I've always played on budget smartphones; and although my loading times aren't the fastest, I've never had any significant problems with lag. I genuinely can't remember the last time my game crashed.

And that's always been true against opponents like Darkhawk and Dust, at times when they've clearly caused problems for other players.

I'm sorry for those of you that are finding it tricky right now; but it's an issue affecting some players on some devices; which is going to be a lot trickier to understand and fix than some universal problem like Galan only placing 7 Incinerates instead of nine on his SP2.

That's something they should be able to fix much easier...
    edited September 10

This can't be seen easy thing to fix, because it's simply not something affecting every player/device.

I'm 100% not saying this to crow over people, but just so people understand that this isn't a universal problem: Personally, I've always played on budget smartphones; and although my loading times aren't the fastest, I've never had any significant problems with lag. I genuinely can't remember the last time my game crashed.

And that's always been true against opponents like Darkhawk and Dust, at times when they've clearly caused problems for other players.

I'm sorry for those of you that are finding it tricky right now; but it's an issue affecting some players on some devices; which is going to be a lot trickier to understand and fix than some universal problem like Galan only placing 7 Incinerates instead of nine on his SP2.

Thanks for the gaslighting, pal.

• UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 586 ★★★

I am 1 of those who are getting little to no issue playing the game. You are right, it’s not everyone experiencing these issues. But I can say this, I’ve experienced it before, so who knows what is causing these issues others are having. Is it device related or game related? What device are you playing the game on? I’m on an IPhone 14 Pro Max.
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Member Posts: 161 ★★
    I wonder if getting rid of some of the useless stuff (like back issues) would help free up some space to where the game would run better.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    yeah no.
    thats not how it works.
    stuff does not just take up ram by sitting there in a menu.
    lag when fighting you are talking about either, latency issues communication back and forward with the server.
    and/or
    issues loading the data required for fights into ram and/or video ram
    could be poor optimization
    could be memory leaks
    could be a lot of different things, but a random quest option on a menu screen would not be one of those things.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    13_aivan said:

I think you're missing the point.

It's not a problem with the game.

It's a problem with the game interacting with a proportion of devices, out of a vast population of smartphones/tablets potentially running hundreds of different versions of other programs; in different combinations.

It could be interference from one or several background programs - who knows?

Problems actually inside the game (like a bugged champion) are vastly easier to look into than problems like "There's just so much lag/crashing/whatever".

Because the game team can't actually look at your phone to see what else is running, and what might be causing the problem.

(Apologies for the tongue-in-cheek reference to Galan, which should clearly have been fixed months ago...)
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,744 ★★★★★
    13_aivan said:

It isn't gaslighting to share an individual experience just because it is contrary to your individual experience. They also never said there were no issues, just that they were not specifically experiencing them the same as other players.
    I am in the boat of not experiencing them the same as other players. I get stutters here and there, but nothing that makes the game "unplayable". Does that mean Kabam has nothing to fix? Absolutely not. If any reasonable amount of summoners are experiencing an issue, it needs to be fixed. In this case, there are things that undeniably need to be fixed. But to the previous point, it is not a global issue, therefore a global fix is not the solve. The issues fluctuate from player to player, making the cause harder to pin down than if it were just a coding issue that affected everyone.
    Nobody is gaslighting anyone, but there has to also be reasonable expectations for how they fix something that clearly fluctuates based on individual experience.

13_aivan said:

It isn't gaslighting to share an individual experience just because it is contrary to your individual experience. They also never said there were no issues, just that they were not specifically experiencing them the same as other players.
    I am in the boat of not experiencing them the same as other players. I get stutters here and there, but nothing that makes the game "unplayable". Does that mean Kabam has nothing to fix? Absolutely not. If any reasonable amount of summoners are experiencing an issue, it needs to be fixed. In this case, there are things that undeniably need to be fixed. But to the previous point, it is not a global issue, therefore a global fix is not the solve. The issues fluctuate from player to player, making the cause harder to pin down than if it were just a coding issue that affected everyone.
    Nobody is gaslighting anyone, but there has to also be reasonable expectations for how they fix something that clearly fluctuates based on individual experience.
    Well, Kabam already acknowledged the problem and admitted that it’s affecting many people and they are doing everything possible to fix it.

So excuse me if I don’t see the point in entering a post just to say “hey, I don’t have that problem”. Would you enter a cancer illness post just to say “hey, stop the whining, not everyone has that”? Because it’s exactly what it looks like.

Don’t have the problem? Great for you, now move on.

• HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    13_aivan said:

13_aivan said:

Well, Kabam already acknowledged the problem and admitted that it’s affecting many people and they are doing everything possible to fix it.

So excuse me if I don’t see the point in entering a post just to say “hey, I don’t have that problem”. Would you enter a cancer illness post just to say “hey, stop the whining, not everyone has that”? Because it’s exactly what it looks like.

Don’t have the problem? Great for you, now move on.

With some of the posters here, I wouldn’t be surprised lol
  • AsyalolAsyalol Member Posts: 38
    I think that the power of the phone makes the difference, I play on an ultra S23 and I have almost never worries about slowness or freeze. It is very very rare, but when I play on the phone of my son who is older, so I notice a lot of freeze and delays in the fights, sometimes it is even almost impossible to play when the defender launches SP.
    On the latest powerful phones, there is almost no worries.
    On the other hand on the Apple system, the 5th blow goes back, instead of continuing to type, it decreases and often causes the combo or the advantage, because the opponent retaliates directly. I only noticed this on Apple.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I hope you gave more info in your ticket to Kabaam.

What device? What game mode?
    How’s your Internet connection?
    What problem did they acknowledge?

That’s a pandering message if I’ve ever seen one.

You’re not actually saying anything about what issue you’re having.
    How is anyone supposed to look at or try to fix it?
    Just read your mind?

It’s not about posts on a forum.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★

Perhaps slightly more helpful:

Memory drain of +2GB within 5 minutes of startup on:
    Samsung Galaxy S24
    Samsung Galaxy S21
    Samsung Galaxy 9
    Samsung Galaxy 8

Noticeable lag on 9 after 10 min during autofights
    Severe lag on 8 almost immediately, during menu operations
    Unremarkable impact on S21/S24

Pass on to devs pls @Kabam Pinwheel

This is an amazing post.
    Actual information.

Galaxy 8 and 9? I wouldn’t expect them to perform well.
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Administrator Posts: 116
    Will pass it along!
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 114

Will pass it along!

Hello there
  • FlipBoyFlipBoy Member Posts: 103
    Fix the behavior of the AI as well. Kabam claims that the actions of the AI is RNG based and yet the AI knows exactly when to intercept, when to throw a special, they can now reparry you, they block strikers now even when the striker is connected to a combo. The AI's actions is way on point to be "RNG". I understand that player's rosters are increasing so kabam needs to up the integrity of AI but don't claim its all RNG when clearly it's not.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★
    FlipBoy said:

Fix the behavior of the AI as well. Kabam claims that the actions of the AI is RNG based and yet the AI knows exactly when to intercept, when to throw a special, they can now reparry you, they block strikers now even when the striker is connected to a combo. The AI's actions is way on point to be "RNG". I understand that player's rosters are increasing so kabam needs to up the integrity of AI but don't claim its all RNG when clearly it's not.

It also depends on content. Story AI acts different than BGs ai etc.