**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Permanently remove HELP functionality to alleviate server congestion

If every help request goes from the mobile device to the Kabam servers for processing and back to the mobile device up to 10 times (depending on how many alliance mates help), then it's safe to say this is a contributing factor to the server outages. I know for a fact this causes lag on the mobile device, I've tested this extensively and have not experienced any lag since I stopped requesting help.

If everything I've stated above is accurate, then I propose a very simple solution...remove the HELP functionality entirely. Add 1,000 loyalty to the calendar and/or alliance event milestones and be done with it. Constantly requesting help and responding to help requests is tedious anyway. It's time that could be spent on the game in other areas that are enjoyable to the player and potentially profitable for Kabam. The refresh time amount on our arena champs is irrelevant, as the same limitation will apply to everyone no matter what the timers are set to.

Please consider this solution. I believe it would be a win-win for Kabam and the player base.

Comments

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Lmao
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I can totally get behind this -- things like this have to be on the table. Anything not essential to gameplay that pings the servers needs to be looked at. Loyalty and requesting help might things that just need to go away
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    agreed..
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    They should remove the help feature just because its unbearably obnoxious to use. If it allieviates server congestion so much the better.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    it does do much for arena.. however the energy help should remain
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    bad idea, hardcore arena grinding alliances need all the Help they can get, as well as the 1,000 extra loyalty each day
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    bad idea, hardcore arena grinding alliances need all the Help they can get, as well as the 1,000 extra loyalty each day

when half the people dont help....then it becomes the most useless thing in the game....remove it and barely no server problems..
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I agree, it's one of the most annoying and tedious functions in the game.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Then just make it a milestone -- if a person/alliance is grinding hard, they'll still get it.

Help function has to be a factor in this. It has to be

• SlipdripSlipdrip Posts: 24

If help goes away, then nobody gets advantage of the shortened refresh times. Everyone would achieve the same ranks with fewer fights and lower scores. That's why I said the refresh time is irrelevant as long as whatever that time is set to is the same for everyone.

Also, the 1,000 daily loyalty would still be there in my proposal, it would just be in the calendar or milestones.
    edited December 2017
    I’d like Kabam to get rid of the help button. It would reduce redundancy on servers and players while encouraging units spent to recharge champions and energy; all things Kabam wants.

they knew it would be causing problems....clever..how they did that....we got played.....and i just realized it....
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I'm all for the removal of the help functionality, but something else needs to come in its place.
    Reduce recharge time for champions (all star variations) by the time that would be reduced if 10 people hit help.
    As for loyalty, connecting that to AQ means you'll get it 5 days out of 8, whereas now it is every day through hitting help. So that needs adjusting to cover that. A milestone in AQ that gives 8k would be sufficient to even things. And in the first milestone as well. That way any alliance, whether large or small can get it.

For solo players, there will be the benfit of shorter recharge times. And the servers will have less stress as well.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Slipdrip wrote: »
    If every help request goes from the mobile device to the Kabam servers for processing and back to the mobile device up to 10 times (depending on how many alliance mates help), then it's safe to say this is a contributing factor to the server outages. I know for a fact this causes lag on the mobile device, I've tested this extensively and have not experienced any lag since I stopped requesting help.
    I think it is highly likely that the processing of tens of thousands of help requests every moment can be quite heavy for a server to handle. It was mentioned by Kabam that they did not allow a "Help All" button because of this, as it would overload the servers. This MIGHT explain why the game was down just when the Road to million arena came out. Imagine you got a ton of people just waiting for that moment and they all play and request for help.

I think help requests are quite unnecessary, but that being said, there must be some alternative to reduce champion cooldown timers in arena, or energy requests in quests.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I’m all for this, mostly because the champs used in the arena stay on top and it means either pressing help (which is slow most of the time) or scrolling down all the time.
  • weapon_xtreme83weapon_xtreme83 Posts: 110
    edited December 2017
    I would have no problem with this. To maintain the cool down period, the time that it takes could be based on if you are in an alliance or not. If you're not in an alliance the standard 2 hours stays, but if you are you automatically go to a cool down period that is equivalent of what it would be if you had requested help. I would add that I think they should keep it only for energy request every 8 hours as that would not be too much on the server.
  • ToxinToxin Posts: 24
    Android takes 2 secs to help4 and 5 secs to request help per champ.. Help feature is dumb.. Same as duels daily event..
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Or automatically send the help request, maybe that can relieve pressure to the servers. Not sure how taxing the help requests are to the server. With 5* being more regular and 6* champs coming they might want to change the refresh time for the 5* champs anyway.
  • The Help Functionality had absolutely nothing to do with the downtimes that we have been having lately. As we have said before, not every server outage is even caused by a server problem. It can be a number of different things, from a bug in game, to network problems with the connection to the server.

They all just look the same on our Player's end, because they result in the same thing, a server outage.

Closing this thread because it's not accurate.
This discussion has been closed.