**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW - Defenders Remaining Points.

Big Exploit, needs to be fixed...cost the us the win. So basically after the final boss is killed and everyone who was ko’d uses a revive gets revived...that Alliance gets defender remaining points?!?!? How much more of an exploit can you get? The team we fought used many revives. We had almost 200 defender kills. But since they revived so many times some of them had health remaining after. Why do they get defender remaining points for revived champs. That means anyone can exploit this and get the tie breaking points they need to win by using any revive on their champs for extra points. #Moderator #KabamMike

Comments

• StolenNameGuyStolenNameGuy Posts: 36
    Maybe I misunderstand your point, but you can't revive defenders.
  • Hey there.

I think there may be a misunderstanding here, because it is not possible for Defenders to be revived. Defenders remaining is determined by how many of their Defenders survived on the Map at the end of the War. If you would like to deny your Opponent Defenders Remaining points, make sure to take down as many of their Champs as your Alliance possibly can!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    @DJYANKEENY please elaborate on the issue.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DJYANKEENY wrote: »
    Big Exploit, needs to be fixed...cost the us the win. So basically after the final boss is killed and everyone who was ko’d uses a revive gets revived...that Alliance gets defender remaining points?!?!? How much more of an exploit can you get? The team we fought used many revives. We had almost 200 defender kills. But since they revived so many times some of them had health remaining after. Why do they get defender remaining points for revived champs. That means anyone can exploit this and get the tie breaking points they need to win by using any revive on their champs for extra points. #Moderator #KabamMike

As @Kabam Miike stated, Defender remaining points are points you get for each of your defenders that are still alive at the end of the war, and you cannot revive defenders. You can revive your own attackers but you neither get points for this nor lose points for this.

The number of defender kills you get total does not directly factor into the points you get. In fact you do not get any points for a defender kill. Rather, each time the attacker dies they *lose* potential bonus points, and there is a maximum number of bonus points they can lose. When they are attacking one of your defenders, there is a pool of bonus points they can earn for killing your defender. That pool starts at 240 points. If they die, meaning your defender gets a kill, that pool drops to 160. If your defender gets another kill that pool drops to 80, then to zero. Once that bonus pool reaches zero, it cannot drop any further. The attacker can still keep reviving and attacking, and if they kill your defender they will earn points, but less than if they had killed the defender without dying.

Because each defense node starts with 240 bonus points and can only drop to zero, you only benefit from the first three kills by each individual defender. That's why the *total* kills isn't important, its actually the number of kills per defender that matter more. If you have a super strong defender that gets six kills, that's not as good as having two good defenders that get three kills each. Six kills by one node costs the other side 240 points. Three kills by two defenders each costs the other side 480 points.

I suspect it is this property of defender bonus points that you don't understand and are misinterpreting as the other side somehow getting points for reviving attackers.
  • @DJYANKEENY please elaborate on the issue.
    I apologize. Game is down for maintenance. I will look again when game back up.
  • Hey there.

I think there may be a misunderstanding here, because it is not possible for Defenders to be revived. Defenders remaining is determined by how many of their Defenders survived on the Map at the end of the War. If you would like to deny your Opponent Defenders Remaining points, make sure to take down as many of their Champs as your Alliance possibly can!

@Kabam Miike I apologize as @DNA3000 just explained as well to me...I misunderstood thinking Defenders Remaining were the opposing alliances “champions left standing” at the close of the war. Sorry for the confusion and thank you all for the explained responses.