**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spending money increase your odds of pulling featured champs?

Personally I've gone 0 for 7 on featured champs. 0 for 5 today on blade.... And have spent no money on the game... We all know seatin cleaned up today while BG got the shaft... Just saying... Thoughts?

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I have spent in this game. Until proven otherwise, my opinion is that that It doesn't influence what you get in pulls. It just doesn't

If it did, I would have a 5-star DV or Ghost Rider or Hyperion or Iceman by now, instead of duped Groots and She-Hulks

Some people are just lucky. They are. Sometimes you pull Medusa. The guy next to you pulls Hulkbuster.

Just life with RNG, man
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Don't really think it does. I've spent more than I'd want to know and been getting horrible pulls. Actually think it's the opposite..seems like if you don't open for a long time you get something good...hard to say for certain either way.
  • QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    heres a small stat from 3 different pple/accounts.

1.5yr $11 - 1/4
    1.5yr $0 - 1/3
    1.5yr $1000++ - 1/1
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've seen spenders with garbage luck and non spenders who pull the feature every time and vice versa. I'm free to play now and have spent and if anything I've been luckier as a free to play player.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    That's not accurate at all. I've spent a lot more than that. No better for me. It's RNG. Some have better luck. It's just that.
  • I spend and I always get the featured 3* and 4* champ and dupe them all the time. I won't spend the extra for the 5*s. And it's always at the same point in spending. There is truth to it but it's not just buying $5-30 worth of crystals.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Queqquee wrote: »

1.5yr $11 - 1/4
    1.5yr $0 - 1/3
    1.5yr $1000++ - 1/1

Bloody hell you’ve cracked it! Solid proof right here with the huge sample of 3
  • If the OP is BS then why hasn't Kabam released the odds for the crystals yet?
  • Deep_SearchDeep_Search Posts: 34
    I think the key here is Kablam simply needs to release drop rates. I don't play, but LoL just released theirs for loot crates (maybe they're called something different in their game).

With all the talk around issues with loot box style rewards, I imagine Kablam is somewhat feeling the pressure to do so? (hopefully)
  • If the OP is BS then why hasn't Kabam released the odds for the crystals yet?

If the OP is BS then why hasn't Kabam cured cancer? [hint: because they have nothing to do with each other]

The strongest logical argument against Kabam giving better drops to people who spend more money is that Kabam denies doing it. It has nothing to do with believing anything Kabam says. If the intent is to encourage people to spend money, Kabam would actually tell people spending more money gets you better drops. Actively discouraging people from believing that spending gets you better drops runs counter to the belief that Kabam is trying to encourage spending by giving spenders better drops. If that isn't convincing to someone, absolutely nothing will likely be convincing, because you then have to believe Kabam is implementing the most ludicrous form of psychological warfare against its players, telling them spending doesn't help and hoping no one believes them so they spend more for rewards Kabam denies they are giving out.

It is worth comparing this conspiracy theory to its converse cousin. There are people who believe that when Kabam wants to make more money they reduce the drop rate of crystals which then forces players to spend more money. At most, only one of these conspiracy theories can be true. They cannot both be true. But they can both be false.

If people still believe that manipulation is the only explanation for a delay in publishing odds, here's the nail in the coffin. One way a company can manipulate the odds of a lootbox is with pity timers: the longer you don't get a favorable drop, the higher the odds of a favorable drop become. In situations where companies that do this are required to disclose odds, they don't disclose the full mechanics of the pity timer, they simply disclose the base odds without it with a disclaimer. In other words, they say something like "at least 1% chance for elite drop." If Kabam was giving bonus odds to their top spenders, they could release odds in the same way: publish the base odds for the baseline player, and simply state that the odds are that good or better.

The short answer to why Kabam hasn't published odds outside of the in-game features they are claiming to be building is much simpler: they don't want to, and they don't have to. You don't need any more reason than that.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Didn't spend when i pulled stark out of a featured crystal
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Queqquee wrote: »

1.5yr $11 - 1/4
    1.5yr $0 - 1/3
    1.5yr $1000++ - 1/1

Now we know. Spend 1k and you have 100% chance to pull a featured. THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Haven't spent money for well over a year and just went 2/3 in the blade crystals
  • As we've said before, what you pull from a Crystal is random and not tied to how much you spend on the game. Since spreading conspiracy theories and false information is not allowed on the forums, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.