**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dr Voodoo bugged [Not a Bug]

Akash93Akash93 Posts: 7
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dr. Voodoo's passive states that he gains energy resistance when he's blocking. I tried it against Magik and Iceman and it's not working. Mordo has a similar ability as well and he seems to be working fine. Please fix it asap!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    If you are thinking about coldsnap and limbo damage it's not covered buy blocking. Don't know why he's made that way but he just is.
  • Akash93Akash93 Posts: 7
    It works for mordo and his ability is worded the same way.Jane foster reduces it as well. It's all energy damage so don't see why some kinds of energy resistance should bypass it and some others not?
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    So you're mad the most OP champion in the MYSTIC class and 1/3 most BROKEN champions along side "SL the legend" and "Hyperion the powerful"

Isn't more OP by ignoring signature debuffs damage?!
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    Dude it was meant to be energy hits...like magneto, ds and those energy special attacks like Cyclops
    @Mr_Otter You should learn to read before commenting.. This section IS MEANT FOR BUGS, If you read the champions ability it clearly states that he gets increased energy resistance when blocking. If that is not happening then IT IS A BUG. Isn't that the purpose of this forum to report bugs?
    @Hazem no where does it state that energy damage is treated differently based on source. Like I said Mordo has a similar ability and he does in fact reduce energy damage from limbo when blocking.
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    I've just checked, mordo's resistance is stronger than vodo so it has to be more effective...so try to suffer a limbo with vodo and a normal champ...vodo will probably take less damage
    Yes that's whats supposed to happen. But there's no difference at all in case of Voodoo. Due to these flat values I've no idea how much it should get reduced by but right now there's nothing
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Mordo works, Voodoo don't.
    Working as intended.
    It was stated by a MOD that due to being a sig ability, it has more effectiveness than Voodoo
    @eXtripa69 Can you elaborate?
    Mordo is more effective but voodoo should reduce it by a small amount atleast? Right now it is not getting reduced at all.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Working as intended.
    It was stated by a MOD that due to being a sig ability, it has more effectiveness than Voodoo
    Extripa is right... i forget but .. somewhere mod explained about it in old forums, i forget what words mod use to explain that.. lol
  • If this section is "meant for bugs" then why did you post it in general discussion instead of bugs and issues?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Working as intended.

If anyone has a link to that or enough information to search for it on the relocated old forums, I would appreciate it.

I tested this myself when I first heard the report on Reddit: both Mordo and Voodoo are supposed to have increased energy resistance when blocking. If both actually do buff energy resistance I don't know how Kabam could even make it so that Mordo's works against Limbo but Voodoo doesn't. It shouldn't have anything to do with whether an ability is a signature ability or not, because Limbo isn't affected by the ability itself, but by energy resistance. All other forms of energy resistance affect Limbo: I recall Brian Grant testing the energy resist mastery against Limbo a while ago.

If Voodoo's block actually buffs energy resistance, then in effect that buff goes into the energy resistance stat "bucket" and that gets converted by DR into an energy resistance percentage and that percentage should reduce all energy damage. Limbo shouldn't "know" that some of that resistance comes from Voodoo's block and ignore it.

I didn't have a chance to set up a test to see if that (Voodoo's) energy resistance was affecting any energy damage at all, Limbo or otherwise. It is possible that this isn't a Limbo issue but an energy resist issue in general.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Miike has said that Voodoo doesn't reduce passive energy attacks. Mordo does. Sorry that the description doesn't reflect that. Now stop arguing with everyone who is telling you why it doesn't work.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    Yeah voodoo ability does Not working.those who are saying that it only work when struk then how mordo reduce damage by blocking th3 difference is its mordo SIG ability which state that when blocking he reduced down the energy damage by x%.and same in case of voodoo if he blocking then voodoo he definitely have to reduce the energy damage. without blocking if voodoo getting 200 per damage from magik limbo then it should become 100 while blocking as stated that but if it does not doing so definitely it is bugged voodoo is one of tjose champions who always broke in every update
    @Kabam Miike can you please clarify if this is working as intended and if it is; then the information stated in game is ambiguous to say the least. As you can see I'm not the only one who feels that this is a bug .

@TillerTheKiller if you can post a link to Mike's statement it would help a lot. Without that it's just hard to believe that the same ability for different champs not behaving in the same manner is not a bug..

With AW now filled Magik/Iceman everywhere this information will be really useful.
    Akash93 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please clarify if this is working as intended and if it is; then the information stated in game is ambiguous to say the least. As you can see I'm not the only one who feels that this is a bug .

@TillerTheKiller if you can post a link to Mike's statement it would help a lot. Without that it's just hard to believe that the same ability for different champs not behaving in the same manner is not a bug..

With AW now filled Magik/Iceman everywhere this information will be really useful.

I'm pretty sure it was on the old forums. I'll see if I can find it quickly.
    @Akash93 I'm pretty sure they closed the old forums down.
  • I remember the post you guys are referring to! Yes, this is working as intended. Unlike Mordo, Dr Voodoo only reduces the Energy Damage received after he starts to block, whereas Mordo can activate his resistance in the middle of something like Limbo or Coldsnap.

Now, from the sounds of that, it seems that if Limbo was to activate while you were blocking, it would reduce that damage. I'm going to find out if that is actually the case, or if that's just me not understanding exactly how it works.
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for clarifying. Seems like the only use case for this ability is to when you're blocking energy based specials or if magik crosses a bar from md when voodoo's regen expires..
    Can you please update in game description as well to reflect this. Right now the ability is worded in the same way as Mordo so this can cause a lot of confusion.

@TillerTheKiller appreciate the help.