**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Increase Level Cap

I'd like to see the level cap increased from 60 to 80! (Or more, if Kabam is feeling generous!)

In terms of level up rewards, I'd like to see (after you reach level 60) gold and ISO be the main rewards (and maybe an energy increase to 75?). That way it wouldn't break any existing game design/functionality (like adding mastery points would), would help push larger amounts of gold into the game for some of the players who need it, (especially with the more expensive rank ups we now have!) and it would have us actually use the XP Boosts for something other than Item Use these days.

I know it's been more than a year since the level cap was increased. Thoughts?

Comments

• TalveranTalveran Posts: 37
    No offense, but that idea sounds pretty dumb. It's already a mission to level up by the mid-40s. We'd be much better off if they added a daily gold dungeon to go with the catalyst dungeons.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Talveran wrote: »
    No offense, but that idea sounds pretty dumb. It's already a mission to level up by the mid-40s. We'd be much better off if they added a daily gold dungeon to go with the catalyst dungeons.

Why is it a dumb idea when they haven't increased the level cap in well over a year? Yeah, it's definitely a grind once you get up that high, but for anyone who has been at level 60 for a long, long time, it'd actually be kinda nice to see XP used for something.

And on top of that, if they were going to add a daily gold dungeon, they would have done that already. I don't think we're going to see that happen any time soon, so rather than continuing to ask for something we won't get, why not try to get something we will?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    It’s been way longer then a year lvl 60 has been the cap since I started playing almost 3 years ago just saying. However I do like the idea. But they have said numerous times there is no plan to increase beyond lvl 60 unfortunately. Supposedly their reasoning is masteries. But if they just gave gold and iso like you suggested I don’t see why they can’t then
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I agree. I'd love to see the level cap be 100 (wishful thinking here) just so you can brag about how you've reached triple digits.
    DL864 wrote: »
    It’s been way longer then a year lvl 60 has been the cap since I started playing almost 3 years ago just saying. However I do like the idea. But they have said numerous times there is no plan to increase beyond lvl 60 unfortunately. Supposedly their reasoning is masteries. But if they just gave gold and iso like you suggested I don’t see why they can’t then

That's the thing! I totally understanding not wanting to break the masteries part of the game. But if the masteries cap at 60 like they do right now, and the rest are just levels for the sake of levels, it'd be really fun to see how high some of us could get.

I mean, it might be radical, but to take @EnderDraco58's thought a bit further, why does there need to be a level cap at all, if that's what we change? It'd help to actually show the longevity someone has in the game (other than titles).
  • TalveranTalveran Posts: 37
    Because there's no point to increasing the level cap besides increasing energy. This is one of those few games where the account level means jack all because each character gets leveled independently. And they won't increase energy because they want people to spend money on units. And once you get all your masteries, energy is the main thing dolphins and the f2p crowd spend units on.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    so the level cap is up for discussion because it's always been that way and is outdated, but reduced timers in AQ isn't an option at all? we should just accept being stuck for 19-24 hours for 5 days, no compromise after doing it for 2-3 years straight, and everyone should get organized instead of suggesting otherwise? Interesting. The things you find on the forum.
    so the level cap is up for discussion because it's always been that way and is outdated, but reduced timers in AQ isn't an option at all? we should just accept being stuck for 19-24 hours for 5 days, no compromise after doing it for 2-3 years straight, and everyone should get organized instead of suggesting otherwise? Interesting. The things you find on the forum.

Hehe, I like that you went and dug up a four month old post to continue the conversation.

But I have to confess that I’m confused? I said that it appeared to be designed to take that amount of time and that was likely one of the reasons they didn’t want to change it. If you’ll see my latest post - I do agree and like the idea of changing it, or talking through the idea. But if it’s meant to take that period of time for design reasons - you should incorporate that into your ideas.

And to realistically answer your question? Sure. Why not? It’s treated that way for AW! As time goes by you’ll grow a roster to the point where the champs you put in AQ and AW aren’t needed for your questing. I’ve been playing for 3+ years now and my AQ champs are just that. I don’t use them anywhere else. That’s true for many. (Maybe the right question to ask Kabam would be is - “Are AQ and AW are designed currently to take close to the full amount of time offered to complete? And if so, why?” Seeking some understanding for a decision they made rather than criticizing what we don’t understand.)

But anyways. Rather off topic for this particular thread. I’m happy to move the discussion back over to the AQ announcement thread rather than dig up old ones!
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    @Aria_Lerendeair omg. Lol. Let me be clearer again: I don't have a problem personally doing both and neither does my alliance. I'm over 600k rated and have the roster to do both. We do even still have some times when issues come up and multiple people have life issues and can't devote constantly to AQ, like any other group probably does too. I'm speaking for all of the players who do have issues doing this, but want to run higher maps than 3 in aq. You keep acting like I'm personally the one with the issue here, and rather, I'm able to be empathetic to others who have asked Kabam to look at this for years now. They "designed" a lot of content 2-3 years ago including war to force players to stay on the game as much as possible. There's a lot more content to play all the time now that they have introduced. And war maps energy requirements and paths take a lot less energy than AQ does on map 5/6 and you know it.

As to asking Kabam for why that is the case on the full amount of time required, we have asked, over and over and over and over, and they haven't answered. The only answer we get from Miike is that reduced timers "punish" people, and you saw how that took a life of its own.

it wasn't hard to dig this up, as it was the first topic that comes up on your discussions when you click your profile. I just found it a little strange for your opinion to be so positive on changing on aspect of the game that's been designed that way since I can remember, yet on this aspect of AQ timers, your answer was very quick and close minded and essentially "get better and organized or you're not ready." Kabam did these Aq changes to encourage those groups who haven't been running higher maps to do so, and even said as much in their announcement - but I do hope you take my comment over there to heart and not assume what you did about me or my group, or anyone else asking for this change.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    this is not the thread to talk bout aq timers.....
    but i will say this....
    aq maps are designed to take a certain amount of time using a certain amount of people.
    it would be designed this way to challenge people and reward peopple for better organisation.
    you know working better as a team. the whole thing about an alliance.
    if your alliance is not organised well enough you will not be able to complete all maps.
    if your alliance is better organised and operates as a good team they will be easier.

it makes sense. if you have a good team itis easy. if you cant do it then your team is not up to the task.

but anyway back to the topic at hand....
    energy caps should certainly be raised. no more mastery points, maybe just gold, cats, iso, maybe boots that kinda thing as rewards. heck the rewards dont even matter. people want something to work towards is all
  • Hello everyone,

Please make sure that you keep this discussion on-topic. This discussion is about the in-game level cap and not AQ timers. If you would like to talk more about the AQ timers, please search the forum for existing posts on that topic.

Many thanks,

Porkchop
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    if the don't raise the level cap with the release of act 6 or something new, i guess we will be 60 forever
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    New masteries are coming...how will they be incorporated if level cap remains at 60?