**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Block Bug Against Domino

CondemnedToeCondemnedToe Posts: 57
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Various members in my alliance(myself included, iPhone X) have run into an issue with Domino punching straight through a block in Alliance War, Event Quest and Assignments/Missions, Parry included. Regardless of Signature Ability being unlocked or not, and seemingly more often while Unlucky, randomly in a combo the block just drops on its own and Domino smashes right through, which proves to be quite costly in the higher level fights. With Parry, it’s almost a guarantee that the next hit incoming will go through the guard. While it’s easy to play it off as Unlucky affecting the Parry trigger, it isn’t that hit that she breaks through, but the one that follows a failed Parry Stun. Not to mention her first medium(I believe) is a two-hitter similar to attacks that Drax and Phoenix have and will absolutely get through any block on a failed Parry of the first hit, in the same fashion that Drax could bypass Mordo’s Astral Evade. If it’s something intentional, there needs to be an updated ability description to associate with it. If it isn’t intentional, it’s something that really needs looked into quickly before she costs alliances an entire War.

Comments

• Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    she breaks mastery and this is the result. your block being broken has been noted by the game team and apparently this is working as intended. frankly thats a bunch of bs that a champ can do that and game our own mechanics
  • Her first medium is a double hit just like Drax'. I think the issue is that if you try to swipe back right after the first hit she is able to land the second hit because you are no longer blocking. Experianced it my self. It does not happen if I simply stay in block and not trying to use dexterity while in block.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Kabam has encountered this specific bug in the past. There was a time where Black Widow or any other champ with defensive ability accuracy reduction could break through a block. The same would happen if you had the Assassin mastery and they were less than 18% health. You could just hammer the block and eventually the block would break. It seemed that blocking was coded as a defensive ability instead of just a defensive action.

It took many weeks to actually push a fix, but they eventually did. I'm hoping this one doesn't take as long.
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    edited June 2018
    From what I learned her first attack is a gunshot and u can't Parry projectiles..Except for proxy..... But the block break is real. She smashes me everytime.. If she's a boss is assignments I just leave. >-<
  • muddy17 wrote: »
    From what I learned her first attack is a gunshot and u can't Parry projectiles..Except for proxy..... But the block break is real. She smashes me everytime.. If she's a boss is assignments I just leave. >-<

You can still use dexterity to evade all of her attacks. She isn't that bad
  • But only if you are unlucky. If you'll use tech you won't get unlucky therefore dexteriy will work. And taking hit from a SP1 is not the problem. Only her first medium attack seems to break the block, not her specials.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Zibiit Any ETA on fixing Domino's break block bug? Are you guys even fixing her and you just letting it slide since the favor is on kabam side? Are we going to hear the same BS that it's not an easy fix and may take awhile to fix her?
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    This must be fixed before Season 3 of AW begins.
  • _noyes_noyes Posts: 51
    How is this not fixed yet??
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Just read the 19.0 updates notes and nothing on this. I think we all know it’s pretty clear why this has not been fixed after knowing for several weeks.
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    Her first medium is a double hit just like Drax'. I think the issue is that if you try to swipe back right after the first hit she is able to land the second hit because you are no longer blocking. Experianced it my self. It does not happen if I simply stay in block and not trying to use dexterity while in block.

I don't think it's a bug but it feels like one. I did the same test as @cUbA_LiBrE and came to the same conclusion.
  • banthasbanthas Posts: 4
    edited June 2018
    I've heard the idea that this is because domino is cancelling out the perfect block mastery, but the game instead reads it as no block instead, causing the break. That was apparently the case for the original bugged black widow at least.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    Two options:
    Fix her before the introduction of node 27 and 28
    Deactivate node 27 and 28 until she is fixed

That's of course if you really encourage fair play
  • Hey All,

We're hoping to get some more information to help us track this down. We're not having much luck reproducing this in house, so we could use your help.

If you have the following information, please share it with us:
    - Which Champion were you using when you encountered this?
    - What Mode?
    - If there was a Node, what number was it (If you remember)?
    - Do you recall any specific buffs she was on?

For this, please let us know about individual fights.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    What about this issue @Kabam Miike
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Take a look at BrianGrant's video
    Hey All,

We're hoping to get some more information to help us track this down. We're not having much luck reproducing this in house, so we could use your help.

- What Mode?

Her first double hits are very close, so if we try to evade after blocking the first hit, the 2nd hit will catch us nost of the time, simple way to fix this bug is to make some space between the first two hits, or make the 6th hit in the cimbo to be after the 5th instead of after the 1st
    In regards to your questions:
    1: all champions
    2: all mode(arena,AW, assignments, event qust..etc)
    3: it's not a node related bug
    4: nor a buff related bug
    And in order to reproduce thia bug;
    Have some distance, parry her first hit > try to evade her now > the 2nd hit will catch you because it's immediately after the 1st one
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    So, in essence, your complaint about a block break is for when you're not blocking?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Hey All,

- What Mode?

Did you not watch BGs war video. It’s even in slow motions.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    @Karinshi I think you are wrong, she breaks block while we are still blocking, not trying to evade second hit, watch brian grant's war video.