Summoner naming issue

So recently this came out.
oo85yyszy0pa.png
I’m wondering if one of my account names will be randomly changed. My names are “Cryptic_Cobra” and “Confused_Cobra”.

I made them similar on purpose, so people would be able to identify me as cobra regardless of the account. This is useful for me on things like line. Plus _Cobra is something I try to put on the end off all the accounts I own in all games, and would hate to have that taken away from me.

Comments

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Edit: never mind

No, your name won't be changed.

This if for barcode and symbol names
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Member Posts: 532 ★★★
    This is my other account, and it’s not like it provides me an advantage. Also if you want to be rude feel free to go somewhere else
    edited July 2018
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Edit: never mind

No, your name won't be changed.

This if for barcode and symbol names
    Soooo, what was with the rude AF comment?
    This is my other account, and it’s not like it provides me an advantage. Also if you want to be rude feel free to go somewhere else

Sorry. I misunderstood.

I thought you changed your name to barcodes or symbols and wanted to get it back. Apologies.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    This is meant for entire allainces sho have the same basic name.. yours are actually quite different one in war shows
    Confused
    One cryptic
    Ya I knew when I made the second account I wanted them to be both identifiably the same, but noticeably different (for this exact reason). Just don’t want kabam to screw me over anyway
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Nah, you're fine. These are obviously and noticeably different. It doesn't look like you're trying to hide your identity.
  • djr17djr17 Member Posts: 673 ★★★
    Just because something doesn't break the TOS means that it is entirely on the up and up. It was an unfair advantage, period.
  • OmniOmni Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    Nah, you're fine. These are obviously and noticeably different. It doesn't look like you're trying to hide your identity.

Mike can you comment on why you changed your stance on this ? Idc that it’s being changed as I’m not part of it. But kabam (not sure if it was you) clearly came out saying said alliance naming convention was a good strategy.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Member Posts: 742 ★★★
    How is it unfair when champs are hidden in the first place? My whole argument is coming to the point that the top alliances are the only ones that are getting treatment for. Which I made it a different discussion for. If this problem is plaguing gold one the rank my alliance is in and we brought this to the forums do you think Kabam would have done anything about it? No they wouldn’t have because they don’t care the top alliances are the top spenders they are the ones who been complaining about the issue again if it’s not breaking any rules then what’s the problem. Once again Kabam catering to the top spenders and top alliances.@djr17

Are there any specific problems affecting only gold 1 alliances and not top alliances? It just happens that top alliances will dig the deepest to find any competitive edge and take advantage of that. It could be that some gold alliance came up with the idea to change names to barcodes first but didn't fully execute with it and top alliances learned it from them. There is no discrimination between top alliance and gold 1 alliances, it's just the biggest exploits/cheats/dirty tactics usually find their way to the top.
    How is it unfair when champs are hidden in the first place? My whole argument is coming to the point that the top alliances are the only ones that are getting treatment for. Which I made it a different discussion for. If this problem is plaguing gold one the rank my alliance is in and we brought this to the forums do you think Kabam would have done anything about it? No they wouldn’t have because they don’t care the top alliances are the top spenders they are the ones who been complaining about the issue again if it’s not breaking any rules then what’s the problem. Once again Kabam catering to the top spenders and top alliances.@djr17

It's unfair because kabam deemed it 'subversive to the spirit of the contest.' From this you can extrapolate that scouting possible defenders is an acceptable strategy, while attempting to further conceal them isn't.

As for your rant of unfair treatment, so what? Do you complain when you don't get the same treatment in Vegas as the high rollers?
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    The barcode name doesn’t break kabam’s terms of service though. How can you deem it unfair advantage, just because the top alliance were crying about it? The defenders are supposed to be a mystery right? It makes it a challenge. @Kabam Miike

Dude dont try and tell them what they can and cant do with their game. If they say its not allowed its not allowed. Nobody get banned. Nobody gets anything except a name change so let it go.

I think this is just a waste instead of focusing on something like this they should be spending their time fixing all the other issues we have with the game.

Because no company can ever focus on more than one thing at a time. Ok, got it.
  • rischiorischio Member Posts: 163
    afzsye3z5ikh.jpeg

This is what they are talking about, which is obviously made with the purpose of confusing opponents.

Then, if you ask me, it's against the ToS because you are allowed to change name only on grounds of harassment or privacy concerns, which is obviously not this case.

Also, again IMHO, it's stupid and ugly to have a barcode, unrecognizable name in a game!
    It's like having a copycat car in F1 or a shirt with same numbers in football.
    djr17 wrote: »

It's unfair because kabam deemed it 'subversive to the spirit of the contest.' From this you can extrapolate that scouting possible defenders is an acceptable strategy, while attempting to further conceal them isn't.

As for your rant of unfair treatment, so what? Do you complain when you don't get the same treatment in Vegas as the high rollers?
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    The barcode name doesn’t break kabam’s terms of service though. How can you deem it unfair advantage, just because the top alliance were crying about it? The defenders are supposed to be a mystery right? It makes it a challenge. @Kabam Miike

Dude dont try and tell them what they can and cant do with their game. If they say its not allowed its not allowed. Nobody get banned. Nobody gets anything except a name change so let it go.

I think this is just a waste instead of focusing on something like this they should be spending their time fixing all the other issues we have with the game.

Because no company can ever focus on more than one thing at a time. Ok, got it.

Haha nice one guy let me ask you this since you clearly didn’t know, when the issue was first brought up kabam miike said it was a ligit strategy. Now all the sudden when lots of top tier players complained about it now it’s “unfair”. Why is that? Look back at the comments omni asked the same thing so to speak. Asking why they switched their opinions on it. So let me use this arguement since they deemed it unfair based on top alliances complaining about it what’s to say that in the future what if top alliances complain about boosts and they just go up OK let’s just remove boosts they’re not fair. It goes along with what I said at the beginning which is if it’s not breaking a rule then why are they wasting their time on something like this. And the answer that they’re wasting their time on this is because top alliances withtop spenders Who kabam make their money off of they cater to them. Because why would it be OK at one point in time and now it’s just suddenly not OK. Let the hamster turn that Wheel in your brain and think.

So, a mod said something was ok, and later the company decided that it wasn't. Sounds like thAA just nerfed naming profiles.

And if Kabam decides to change something in the future, so what? It's their game, and they can change it whenever they want, for any or no reason.

And for the record, it's not a hamster turning that wheel.

Because it's their game and they change the rules if they deem it necessary.

It's against the rules now. Case closed.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

Because it's their game and they change the rules if they deem it necessary.

It's against the rules now. Case closed.

Sheep. So you won’t question as to why they change rules on something you invest time and money on and you don’t care enough to question it further? Just take what they say and “oh okay that’s fine” enough telling me that it’s their game. I understand that I’m not an idiot. But you the consumer of their service (the game) have every right to argue and question the changes they make for that “service”.

Calling people "Sheep" just because they don't agree with you doesn't make your argument more valid. It's also not allowed by the forum rules.

I'm closing this thread down now, but thank you all for your feedback on this new Policy. We don't enact new policies very often, and when we do, it's because we think something is serious enough of an issue that we have to take action against it.
This discussion has been closed.