Hulk Regen Ability

I remember growing up reading the Hulk comics, later the cartoons, then the movies. One of his major abilities is missing in the game, regeneration! I understand you can’t have it all, but regeneration has always been a major facet of his abilities as a Marvel character. GladHulk has a couple regen functions, and that’s cool, but what about the original. The Hulk does not seem like the Hulk without some sort of regen. It’s one of his major abilities second to strength and durability.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Maybe invest in willpower and get a bit regen? Ooops.

• mbzbombzbo Member Posts: 34
    Randomizer, you are correct, it is a mobile game based on marvel characters who were created in a comic. Do you know that Marvel is a comic business. Not sure if you truly thought about what you said bud.
    Winter Thur, I have willpower, again not sure if you had an incomplete thought there, or truly thought before you posted.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Member Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Well if hulk were to have regen kabam would have to rework him as regen goes against his sig ability
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Member Posts: 166 ★★
    Hulk Ragnarok has regen
    Lightningrod, you are right my friend, I did mention that in my original post. So why not Hulk right?
    Fhfj, please enlighten me on why it goes against his sig ability, not sure how it does, but yeah they would have to modify him
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Member Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    mbzbo wrote: »
    Fhfj, please enlighten me on why it goes against his sig ability, not sure how it does, but yeah they would have to modify him

Well he hits harder as he loses health when duped so giving him regen would kinda take away the purpose of his sig ability
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Member Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Because his sig is he gains more damage based on missing health. So regen would prevent his sig from being fully utilized.
    Randomizer, you are correct, it is a mobile game based on marvel characters who were created in a comic. Do you know that Marvel is a comic business. Not sure if you truly thought about what you said bud.

Yes based on comics but also completely independent as well as it takes place in an alternate dimension where champions powers are limited by the contest. Hence magneto and Phoenix punch instead of just attacking with their mutant powers.

Multiple versions of Cap America, Thor and other characters. So well you are correct it is based on comics just like the MCU is it doesn't mean they have to follow those comics stories completely just like the MCU doesn't
    I follow now, great point, they would have to rework that. The Marvel MutiVerse does make for an entertaining arena. I do get it, they don’t have to give them all abilities they have had through the years, but my thinking wondered why leave out such a major ability. Thanks for the input.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Member Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Haven't seen one of these in a while.
    Randomizer, I agree with all your points, maybe the next discussion should be about Phoenix haha, but I’m looking at it from a core ability standpoint, Hulk=Strength, Durability, Regen, as far as abilities, there certainly are others missing core abilities, but most have some sort of resemblance of those core abilities in the game.
  • RoyalPlasmaRoyalPlasma Member Posts: 73
    Well if hulk were to have regen kabam would have to rework him as regen goes against his sig ability

Might as well considering they'd have to rework him a bit to give regen.
  • Hello Everyone,

Please stay on topic and keep the discussion friendly. Everyone has a right to their own thoughts and opinions.

All the Best,

Porkchop
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    in this game kabam made RR stronger than the hulk lol
  • jaylerdjaylerd Member Posts: 113
    If everyone in the game had the healing factor they did in the comics damn near everyone would have regen, from Cap and Bucky to Spider-Man.

Hulk's thing is anger and strongest there is, so that's what he should be in game.
    jaylerd wrote: »
    If everyone in the game had the healing factor they did in the comics damn near everyone would have regen, from Cap and Bucky to Spider-Man.

Hulk's thing is anger and strongest there is, so that's what he should be in game.

but he isn't the strongest their is not even close to top 10 lol, at least not in this game
    But it was not part of their main abilities
    Guess everyone does have regen, willpower, but I’m addressing a core part of hulks abilities
    this is the kabam universe not the marvel universe
    Nojokejaym, valid point my friend, unfortunately things are done the way of the company
    There are two limited series comics put out by Marvel called the contest of champions, wonder if that’s where they got the name for the game
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    There are two limited series comics put out by Marvel called the contest of champions, wonder if that’s where they got the name for the game

4w76bi4gzg99.gif
    Haha, it’s hard to let this one go, Hulk must regen HA!
  • RokhorneRokhorne Member Posts: 13
    Lore-wise I totally agree - Hulk being unable to regenerate doesn't fit what the comic book character can do and feels wrong for the character.

Game play-wise as many others have mentioned, his health is tied to the core mechanic for Hulk, who at lower health and with his stun-lock potential and fury he really wrecks opponents (more so with the Quake Synergy with Hawkeye). He's a very good champion already - I think there are a lot of other champions who need some love before Hulk!

However, if a change were to be made to Hulk (or the Hulk's? Abomination? Juggernaut?) that was keeping with character, then instead of a flat regeneration and gaining health, it be more along the lines of reducing the duration of all damage over time effects, perhaps scaling with his signature ability level, representing wounds closing faster?
    Rokhorne wrote: »
    Lore-wise I totally agree - Hulk being unable to regenerate doesn't fit what the comic book character can do and feels wrong for the character.

Game play-wise as many others have mentioned, his health is tied to the core mechanic for Hulk, who at lower health and with his stun-lock potential and fury he really wrecks opponents (more so with the Quake Synergy with Hawkeye). He's a very good champion already - I think there are a lot of other champions who need some love before Hulk!

However, if a change were to be made to Hulk (or the Hulk's? Abomination? Juggernaut?) that was keeping with character, then instead of a flat regeneration and gaining health, it be more along the lines of reducing the duration of all damage over time effects, perhaps scaling with his signature ability level, representing wounds closing faster?

Great Point, and those are good ideas