**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MD change. Rank down ticket

2»

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I don't rank many champs for this type of reason but in reality MD and ranking mystic defender for AW were coupled because the mastery made the champion that much better for a specific reason.

To ignore the fact it has changed a major dynamic of the game and a major dynamic for many of these champs is a little ignorant.

Luckily we've been here before with changes and rdt and that is why I never rank any champ for any reason other than what usefulness they have stand alone.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    Enough with the crying for rank down tickets. Yall obviously made poor ranking choices by going with Mystic champs because of Md.
    Md will only effect how defenders work, not how champs in your hands work.

If you ranked a mystic champ for defense because your alliance said to, well then you may want to take a hard look in the mirror and think about who’s opinion matters more. Yours or your alliances? They’re your champs, don’t get salty cause you followed the advice of others instead of ranking champs that have universal benefits
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    I'm not defending anything. Nor am I paid for anything. There are no changes made to Champs. We can't expect the game to adjust our Roster whenever something is changed.

Can usually see sense in most of the things you say, but have to disagree here. This is similar to the v12 debacle and offering those mystic rank up packages the week before.

People will have invested their own money to rank up champions because of MD - because they are great defenders for AW or because it helps clear content - but the fact remains that to two are intrinsically linked.

If you lease a car on a 4 year lease, with a 6 litre V12 engine in it, then around two years in the leasing company just switch it out to a 1.2, you're going to be pretty upset.
  • SDAATRSDAATR Posts: 70
    They definitely should give RDTs.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    i use all that "defenders" always for attack and they get the job done

why champs as mordo or dormammu are considered defenders? mordo came out in 2016 and dorm is the AQ boss for 1 year, nobody should have many problems to take them down in AW
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Those who are complaining about ranking up juggs for def: You've had 2+ years to enjoy this buggy relation between MD and DEX. They are fixing it now. Accept that he served you well for so long, think of how many shards you won thanks to him and consider it an investment that paid off but is now end of life.

Anyone who ranked Juggs in the past half year is just stupid imo, with all the anti-mystic anti-md elements available in the game.

When Blade hit I stopped ranking mystic villains for def. I only rank champions who do something nice offensively, because that's where wars are won anyway. Since AW2 and the death of defkills, high-kill defenders have lost a lot of value. They aren't stopping anyone, just delaying them. You need defenders who are decent attackers too and who can get 2-3 kills on some nodes. And play a diversity war unless you can place all IMIW and Dominos
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    @Marri

Calling people stupid doesn’t help anything.

Alliances at the top tell you to jump and you ask how far.

Kabam has created a system whereby you follow or get booted.

If you don’t know this pain then I’m genuinely happy for you.

Juggs won’t stop anyone and Blade has ensured that, yet try to see things from the holder’s point of view and understand that not everyone is perfect and some people follow or are pushed to follow.

Kabam have ensured that alliances are aggressive and must win, therefore players follow.

From a player in tier 2 wars please try to understand the time, money, effort and pain that goes into keeping up, as opposed to your personal situation.
  • Deadpool201Deadpool201 Posts: 57
    edited August 2018
    For those who stated Dex was never meant to be a continuous source of power for MD, Kabam stated numerous times this was working as intended (common argument was Hood regen on stagger reapplication versus expiration working different than MD). They most likely are making this change due to content planned in future that maybe MD for attackers made too easy. They realize it will probably reduce less item usage in AW but lately they have been focusing on non mystic non villian defenders to help AWD.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    If salve or recovery mastery is nerfed you get refund for those mastery you do not get rank down tickets for all the regen champs. As much as I like to get some RDTs, a mastery shouldn't drive who you rank up , but to complement whoever you do. Evidently the MD dexterity interaction is way too op in the past to drive rank up unfortunately.
  • I agree about not issuing RDT (even though I would love them), something more along lines as Willpower/suicide masteries change - unit cost refund (so 30 units per core) and think they threw in some 5* shards (maybe 1.5k per rank or something I can’t recall) just as a side hey know this may suck some but the game needs to go into this direction.

I say this having currently 4 r4 5*/6* mystics on my AWD between two accounts

My guess is they also didn’t like how MD interacted with nodes like resistor where you would get MD essentially every hit once they reach 10 stacks and Magik / MS would burn those fast. Still can burn relatively fast - just have to build power slower (or use Ronan If not stun immune /limber which you can expect they will do in future)

They still need to address Skill mastery too
  • Hey there everyone, there is already a discussion thread going for the Mystic Dispersion changes. If you have feedback on the changes, please keep them focused in the thread itself. This makes it easier for us to sort through the feedback on a subject and makes it easier for players to find answers to their questions. In this case, we have provided some answers to the question you brought up here.
This discussion has been closed.