**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding the relocation of Parry

HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
"To achieve this, we will have to take some measures similar to the Mystic Dispersion refund.

November 27th 10 am PST - 29th 10 am PST: We will be locking the ability to Purchase new ranks or Spec in to the Parry Mastery.

This means that if you want to use Parry during this time, you must spec into it before the 27th of November."

Does this mean if you re-spec your Proficiencies/Utilies mastery page during this time, you'll be locked out of Parry for those 2 days? Cause that's the way Mystic Dispersion was handled and would be a huge deteriment if someone were to be locked out of parry. The Proficiencies mastery tree is often respec'd to put points elsewhere, turn on/off suicides, etc. Especially that this is happening before the last war of the season is over, if someone has to reset out of utilities (happens very often) then they'll be screwed in the last Alliance War of the season. Not even to mention AQ / Variant / Uncollected / etc.

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    We were just discussing this in our alliance chat. Need to be able to change masteries during war and don't wanna lose the ability to parry
    @Kabam Miike
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    Are we going to get refund all the units that have been spent respecing masteries. Every time that was done I believe it cost 6 units to remax parry. Depending how often you respec over the years the number of units could add up.
  • Thanks for pointing that out! I had the wrong the time in the post. It should have read "November 27th at 7pm PST", which is after the conclusion of the final war in the season.

Fixing the announcement now!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Thanks for pointing that out! I had the wrong the time in the post. It should have read "November 27th at 7pm PST", which is after the conclusion of the final war in the season.

That’s nice to hear it won’t be affecting the last war but it is still non-ideal that we’ll be locked out of parry if we need to change masteries for 2 days. Certainly there has to be a better way to handle these mastery changes in the future especially with essential ones like parry.
  • Thanks for pointing that out! I had the wrong the time in the post. It should have read "November 27th at 7pm PST", which is after the conclusion of the final war in the season.

That’s nice to hear it won’t be affecting the last war but it is still non-ideal that we’ll be locked out of parry if we need to change masteries for 2 days. Certainly there has to be a better way to handle these mastery changes in the future especially with essential ones like parry.

We're working on it, but at this time, this is the only way we could do it :disappointed: It's definitely not the ideal situation, and one that if we could avoid, we absolutely would.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Here's a thought, raise the level 60 cap.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Help, what's going on? Is parry disappearing? Where's the announcement?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    I would like to see the cost of those stoney cores refunded, like they did with mystic dispersion and before that with Willpower.

Why? The mastery isnt changing. What would you need the cost refunded?
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    Why is this changing period? It’s pointless and it’s a waste of time. Regardless if they’re refunded (they should be) or not. I use parry quite frequently and have since I started this game back up a year ago. It’s the first mastery I got early on. Why change how it’s unlocked or anything like that? It’s just stupid.
  • Mikea117 wrote: »
    Why is this changing period? It’s pointless and it’s a waste of time. Regardless if they’re refunded (they should be) or not. I use parry quite frequently and have since I started this game back up a year ago. It’s the first mastery I got early on. Why change how it’s unlocked or anything like that? It’s just stupid.

They want to encourage new players to take and use parry sooner by eliminating its prerequisite. Right now you have to unlock and burn a point in Limber first before taking Parry. That delays when you get Parry, and they want players to get it earlier and learn how to play with its features sooner. They are also reducing the costs to initially unlock and use it so the initial hurdle to unlock it is lower.
    Drake2078 wrote: »
    Here's a thought, raise the level 60 cap.

That has nothing to do with this at all
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Think kabam is refunding, but of course we will just reinvest back into the mastery. So no difference there really

I will just take advantage of the free period to respec my entire mastery tree.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I would like to see the cost of those stoney cores refunded, like they did with mystic dispersion and before that with Willpower.

ezgoing wrote: »
    Think kabam is refunding, but of course we will just reinvest back into the mastery. So no difference there really

I will just take advantage of the free period to respec my entire mastery tree.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Correct. They are refunding ths cores and cores only. You'll have to unlock again but all you need is the cores plus couple units or gold.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Would've preferred a new mastery or two, or better yet a rework of something like Pure Skill, but I'll settle for shuffling some tiles around.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    PARRY AVAILABLE FOR LOWER PLAYER !
    IT ALL MEAN THAT ,IN NEXT WAR WE ARE HAVING STUN IMMUNE GOLBAL NODE !
    SYUN IMMUNE + BLOCK PENETRATION
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    “December 4th following Scheduled Maintenance: All Summoners will have the Stony Cores they spent to unlock Parry returned to them, and will be required to re-spec their Masteries if they want to invest in Parry again.”

Currently, the proficiency tree starts with Limber and branches into Dexterity and Parry. Parry then branches into Stupefy and Petrify-Pacify.

If I have to “re-spec” into Parry on December 4, does that also mean I will be re-specing into all the subsequent masteries beyond Parry and/or Limber? Or will the tree be designed differently so that I don’t have to re-spec things like Limber, Stupefy, Petrify and Pacify?

If I’ve missed some announcement that explains it more fully, then apologies. But it would help if we could see what the new tree looks like compared to the old.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Just saw this comment, which seems to suggest I will keep the points in subsequent masteries like Stupefy, Petrify, Pacify even if I don’t have points in Parry. Does that mean Parry is no longer a precursor to those masteries?

Dr. Zola
    5muery8o88xj.jpeg

• Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    How will this effect the masteries we already have, will we need to respec before the 27:th in order to keep parry? What if we don't change anything, do we still loose parry for those 2 days? I think this info is confusing...
  • if you havent unlocked willpower or deep wounds or something? does that mean that it is free to get?

do you have to pay those blue mastery cores still to unlock and then the levels are free to upgrade e.g 1, 2, 3 ?
  • or is unlocking the mastery free now aswell?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @GamePlayWorldjr masteries that you haven’t unlocked will still be locked. Only parry will be free to try out if it’s locked.
  • ok thanks a lot @LeNoirFaineant