**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Night Thrasher's Unstoppable not getting stopped by CAIW

One of Captain America's (Infinity War) passive abilities when Kinetically Charged is 100% chance to nullify Unstoppable Buffs when you strike them. Now, can someone clarify if this is considered a Debuff, or should this passive ability work against Uncollected Night Thrasher? Because everytime I went for the intercept it didn't work. Works like a charm against everyone else that goes Unstoppable so far. Now, I know one of the node Buffs says 'When performing a medium attack, Defender is immune to Debuffs, Unstoppable and gains +200% attack.' Is Cap's Passive Nullify Unstoppable ability considered a Debuff? So many technicalities lately one cannot be sure if it's a bug or working as intended.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Night Thrasher unstoppable is not a buff. The icon is just there to let you know that he is unstoppable
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp that is not what I'm asking. Is CAIW's passive ability to nullify Unstoppable considered a Debuff?
  • Options
    Or does the fact Unstoppable is an ability gained by the node circumvent this? The whole thing is very muddy.
  • Options
    MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    Passive unstoppable doesn’t get nullified by CapIW.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    No. Cap IW is able to nullify Unstoppable buffs.
    Since Night Trasher unstoppable is not a buff, it can't be nullified by his ability
  • Options
    Hey there, Cap (Infinity War)'s ability specifically Nullifies Unstoppable Buffs. The Unstoppable from that node isn't a Buff, but a passive effect. Buffs and Debuffs will have a white border around their icons, while passive effects do not. I hope that can be helpful in planning for the fight!
  • Options
    Thank you @Kabam Zibiit , never noticed the border before. Will keep an eye out for it. I assume this white border extends to all passive effects then too. Am I also to assume, unless otherwise stated, all abilities gained by a node are passive? I had a passing thought to bring Mephisto for Soul Imprisonment but alas, that doesn't stop passive abilities. Could Ability Accuracy modification dampen the effects of this?
  • Options
    OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Does Cap stop The Champions Unstoppable buff?
  • Options
    As long as it's a Buff and not a passive ability @OnlyOneAboveAll . I cannot recall if it's a passive Unstoppable or an Unstoppable Buff. Need to read his Champion Spotlight to be sure.
  • Options
    SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited December 2018
    Yes, according too the Champion Spotlight, his Unstoppable is a Buff. So as long as CAIW is Kinetically Charged, he can intercept and shut it down.

Edit: This will not stop his regen though. So unless your CAIW is high ranked, I wouldn't advise using him. He's immune to his Petrify. Ability Accuracy reduction via Voodoo's Spirit Venom is one of the most effective means of stopping both. Neurotoxin from an awakened AA works as well. However, as he's listed in his profile as one of the Best Champions in the Battlerealm, The Champion will gain Persistent Charges quicker with AA over Voodoo. Really depends on your roster.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Yes, according too the Champion Spotlight, his Unstoppable is a Buff. So as long as CAIW is Kinetically Charged, he can intercept and shut it down.

Edit: This will not stop his regen though. So unless your CAIW is high ranked, I wouldn't advise using him. He's immune to his Petrify. Ability Accuracy reduction via Voodoo's Spirit Venom is one of the most effective means of stopping both. Neurotoxin from an awakened AA works as well. However, as he's listed in his profile as one of the Best Champions in the Battlerealm, The Champion will gain Persistent Charges quicker with AA over Voodoo. Really depends on your roster.

Actually, it does stop his regen. The Champion ONLY regens while he is unstoppable, so removing that removes the regen.
  • Options
    I misread the sig ability, yes it would. But he'll gain a bit until you nullify the Unstoppable Buff. Still more effective to use Voodoo (provided you have him that is).
  • Options
    That Primal Fury pops quite often too. So you'd need to stay on top of keeping Cap Kinetically Charged, and be ready to intercept at the drop of a hat. He's a viable option, no doubt. But not the best IMHO. As previously stated, it's dependent on your roster. Some don't have the luxury of certain champs and must work with what they have (I'm just lucky and have all 3 mentioned above. Ranked up and awakened, lol).
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    That Primal Fury pops quite often too. So you'd need to stay on top of keeping Cap Kinetically Charged, and be ready to intercept at the drop of a hat. He's a viable option, no doubt. But not the best IMHO. As previously stated, it's dependent on your roster. Some don't have the luxury of certain champs and must work with what they have (I'm just lucky and have all 3 mentioned above. Ranked up and awakened, lol).

Lol I’m one short the champion with cap IW much faster that my vodoo Wuld
  • Options
    Depends on the tier, rank, and the player. Personally, I floored The Champion with 4* R5 Voodoo. You get that Power Burn and Spirit Venom going, and it's a wrap. However, if you time that heavy right and pop that S2 from CAIW with 5 kinetic charges, KABOOM. At the end of the day, to each their own.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I have a 5/65 Voodoo and 5/65 CapIW.
    Cap downed The Champion way easier imo. If you have a mutant on your team Cap stays Kinetically charged pretty much the whole time.

But on topic, its a bummer that Cap doesn't stop NT's unstoppable.
  • Options
    @Stewman - a 5/65 CAIW's damage output must be INSANE. So yeah, I can see that being the case there. Also, agreed, it blows you can't stop NT's Unstoppable. The little passive loophole
  • Options
    This is also why I said this would hinge on tier and rank of the champs.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    @Stewman - a 5/65 CAIW's damage output must be INSANE. So yeah, I can see that being the case there. Also, agreed, it blows you can't stop NT's Unstoppable. The little passive loophole

I am a huge Voodoo fan, don't get me wrong, but caps damage output IS insane.
    Let alone his L2 with 5 kinetic charges, his heavies start doing major damage, especially with stacked armor breaks
  • Options
    Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    Yes he does. That’s who I used to beat him every time
    Does Cap stop The Champions Unstoppable buff?