**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wireless Projection

RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
Is it against the ToS to project your mobile screen onto a TV while you play, because i wanna be sure exactly what is OK and what's not.

Comments

• RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    That's totally fine, because it does not modify the game at all. Be warned though, I've tried this before and the little bit of lag between my device and my Apple TV made it much harder, and isn't something I would do again.

If you wanna give it a shot, try doing some Duels or Arena fights first, and don't go for a high stakes fight right away!

Unless of course you'll still be looking at your device while fighting and just want to show off on the bigger screen... Then you'll be fine!

Cool, I did realise that there was a slight delay when I played other games. I honestly just wanted to do it for my niece because she likes the game and wanted to see it on a larger screen. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    That's totally fine, because it does not modify the game at all. Be warned though, I've tried this before and the little bit of lag between my device and my Apple TV made it much harder, and isn't something I would do again.

Another thing that I discovered: wireless (bluetooth) headphones also have a slight delay which you don't notice a lot when watching movies and videos due to sync compensation, but can be distracting when playing a game like MCOC where you can't delay the video to attempt to sync the audio. If you've played the game for a long time expecting the "ding" to tell you when you've landed a successful parry, having that audible cue arrive 100 ms later can be quite distracting and can throw off your combat timing.

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Another thing that I discovered: wireless (bluetooth) headphones also have a slight delay which you don't notice a lot when watching movies and videos due to sync compensation, but can be distracting when playing a game like MCOC where you can't delay the video to attempt to sync the audio. If you've played the game for a long time expecting the "ding" to tell you when you've landed a successful parry, having that audible cue arrive 100 ms later can be quite distracting and can throw off your combat timing.

Lol, I’ve muted my combat SFX so I can listen to music while I play
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Most of the time I can’t have volume and I mostly never have it on unless I’m listening to music with headphones while I play. I did notice the sound lag tho, but I don’t depend on it much