**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Marvel Insider no longer available outside of USA/District of Columbia

The title pretty much says it all, they updated there terms of service, and my account on Marvel Insider is longer available, when I try to access my marvel insider account all I get is
'You are ineligible to participate in the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program. For more details, please see the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program Terms of Use.'

I emailed regarding this, as I had used it many times before, and the response I got is below

'Thank you for contacting Marvel’s Online Support services.

The Marvel Insider loyalty rewards program is only available to legal U.S. residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia aged 18 and over. '

I get that Kabam have no control over Marvel, but would it be possible to get a response from Kabam regarding this, as if the response I got from Marvel support means that NO ONE outside of the 50 US states and Columbia will be able to get the benefits from Marvel Insider, thats going to give those an unfair advantage over anyone else.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Is it really that much of an advantage? A few potions/questing items each month? I’m legitimately wondering. I only go for the exclusive 2* most of the time
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Add up the 3/4* shards, the sig crystals, the pots, yeah it can be a decent advantage
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Could maybe make an argument that the revives give an advantage, but even so, it’s always been US only as far as I’m aware

Could maybe make an argument that the revives give an advantage, but even so, it’s always been US only as far as I’m aware

Not always, I normally get rewards every couple of months, at the time it was only the physical rewards for US only, anyone could get the digital. Not anymore.

Ignoring the last picture on the right hand side, as that is the only one that isn't a Marvel Insider reward,

Marvel Insider gives you free 3/4* shards, free 2/3* champions, crystals with chances of 2/3/4* champions, energy refils, boosts, potions, revives and gold. Tell me how now that these rewards are now apparantly only for players within the USA/District of Columbia is fair to everyone else?
  • r3dyr3dy Posts: 30
    What do you expect from kabam??
    r3dy said:

A response on if they knew/know about it, and it they would possibly decide to make it fair once again somehow, one way or another.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    I'm in the UK and was logged into insider earlier today seemed to be working fine.
    And it's not really enough of an advantage to care about the only thing I care about from it is exclusive 2*
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Kabam doesn’t control Marvel Insider. They have stated this many times. They can’t do anything unless you want to stop it offers all together which who knows if those are part of Marvel license agreement.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

r3dy said:

A response on if they knew/know about it, and it they would possibly decide to make it fair once again somehow, one way or another.
    Kabam can no more change the terms of Marvel Insider to "make it fair" to players outside the US then they can add Batman to the game to make it fair to players that are fans of DC comics.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    r3dy said:

That’s Disney/Marvel, not Kabam.

Maybe you could get rewards by using a VPN? Those are 100% not against ToS if it means that much to people.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    The whole reason for only allowing certain places is all because of local laws in your country. Lots of them don't allow it or want taxes or whatever else.

So, not much can be done on the Marvel/Kabam side, petition your local government to change the law.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

I'm in the UK and was logged into insider earlier today seemed to be working fine.

Same here.
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited September 2019
    I'm in the UK and I was never able to register here - takes me directly to this message: You are ineligible to participate in the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program. For more details, please see the Marvel Insider Loyalty Rewards Program Terms of Use. Seems like an IP based thing because I even tried a different email and nothing ever worked for me.

Anyway, I don't think it's up to me, or any of you to decide/qualify if this is either a good or useless advantage. Fact is, IT IS an advantage, period. Let's call things by what they are, and this is: A program that offers items (that support the growth of an MCOC account) just to a selected number of users based on location.

U-N-F-A-I-R.

Whether you like them prizes or not, use it or not, your prerogative! At least you have a choice.

• Hey guys, I understand it can be frustrating to see other players receiving Rewards from Marvel Insider when it's not something that's currently available to you because of your location. However, we have no control over the eligibility requirements set by Marvel. If you would like to provide feedback about this topic, I recommend giving that to Marvel directly.

We have no plans to provide extra Rewards to players who aren't eligible to join Marvel Insider and we have no plans to stop eligible players from receiving Insider Rewards.
This discussion has been closed.