**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Make this game work as it did.

CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
So tired of the unsuccessful blocks/parries, the huge block damage, the reduced ability accuracy, and all the other stuff that has been getting worse since 12.0.

My alliance is slowly losing team members due to frustration.

Come on Kabam, make this game as fun as it used to be.

Comments

• PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Yup. New DR and CR system from 12.0 has been hard to deal with. There's been more issues since then. Maybe it's pure coincidence, but what isn't is the whole rating system blows. Plus the synergies and masteries just aren't what they used to be. These were what we could fine-tune and customize our teams
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    We've come too far. It can't be fixed now. Too much code on top of code with new code coming in every month.
  • Replace code with poop imo
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    lol this is so far from the truth. There were over 1 million summoners who claimed rocket's death button from their mail. I think the game is doing fine.

12.0 was overall a very polarizing patch. I personally enjoy most of the changes and I definitely love all the changes from 13.0 and 14.0. The new AQ system is awesome and AW has become much easier.

As I've said before, I don't have any of these issues with block/evade/parry that others have reported. Obviously there are device specific issues occurring.
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • Zonix42Zonix42 Posts: 49
    Remember when you could parry the enemy in the corner easily after a 5 hit combo, no problems? Kabam didn't like that.

Now you have to be extremely careful timing five full combo attacks when the enemy is in the corner to ensure the momentum is perfect, or else you risk getting parry scammed and then block hit.
  • I believe step #3 is blame the device iirc
  • Zonix42Zonix42 Posts: 49
    edited August 2017
    Jestress wrote: »
    Zonix42 wrote: »
    Anyone who played the game pre-12.0 and post-12.0 knows how different the game is. Claiming to have no issues parrying is nonsense and you're lying to everyone.

Parry itself isn't the problem anyway. The interaction between the momentum/knockback physics and the AI response time is causing problems that didn't exist before. Kabam not understanding the interaction continues to cause more problems.

I've played the game pre and post 12.0 and have no reason to lie about it. Yes it's different, but it hasn't stopped me from adjusting. I've completed 5.2 100% and can parry just fine. Perhaps your issues are device-related.

The issue occurs for all devices I've tried, both Samsung and Apple. Samsung S5, Samsung S7, iPhone 5, iPhone 5 SE, and iPhone 6. The problem is not because of the devices.

Here is a video, concentrate when the combo count reaches 25, 40, and 54. Look at how inconsistent parry is after 5 combo hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97xnsXPYRw&feature=youtu.be

Listen, I completed 5.2 100% using one L1 single revive; My champs all died to The Collector my first try. After that I was able to solo The Collector a few times actually. I've done LoL too, and 200k fights. That's all irrelevant.

What is relevant is the consistency of parry is affected by the momentum of regular attacks.

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Zonix42 wrote: »
    Remember when you could parry the enemy in the corner easily after a 5 hit combo, no problems? Kabam didn't like that.

Now you have to be extremely careful timing five full combo attacks when the enemy is in the corner to ensure the momentum is perfect, or else you risk getting parry scammed and then block hit.

If you take like an hour out of your day and just practice adjusting your timing for parries on ROL winter soldier even though it is slightly more difficult now you can land consistent parries even with opponents against the wall. The only champions that really have inconsistent parries I found post 12.0 was floating champions like rogue but since 13.0 or somewhere around there you can parry properly with adjusted timing even with those champions. You don't take insane block damage since 12.1 unless you are fighting a very inflated champion and that is a skill issue not a game issue. I don't know what you mean by reduced ability accuracy do you mind expanding on that point
  • Thank you all for the feedback. We are aware of a few issues that have arose over the last few updates and are working as hard as we can to get those fixed!

We've made a lot of progress on a lot of those issues after they first arose, and as we have said many times, we are continuing to work on other bugs that have come up.

We can't just flip a switch and fix all bugs, as much as we wish we could, so we're going to keep doing this the best way we know how, and that's by looking for the root cause of a problem, finding a fix for it, and then getting that out. Treating the problem, and not the symptom!

Because there are threads open on individual issues, I'm going to close this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.