**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bugs Page: Why Close the Discussion?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Earlier, there was a fairly reasonable discussion brewing about the role of the Bugs page on the Forums:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/197023/how-often-do-you-visit-the-bugs-and-known-issues-forum#latest

I didn’t read this as someone spamming or abusing forums rules; rather, it read like a legitimate inquiry about making the Bugs page more accessible and useful to the players.

And yet it was summarily closed.

I will add some additional input: it would be nice if there were an easier way to view all of the acknowledged bugs, their status, and expected timetable for fix separate from all the random crackpot allegations and questions about faux bugs.

Would it be possible to break out a “Bugs Announcements/Progress/Incoming Foxes” page—perhaps like the Announcements page—that wasn’t a dumping ground for random comments?

I think that’s the direction @Mirage_Turtle was heading.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    I would guess that most people just click on the general DISCUSSION tab at top of forums, which contain ALL discussions (including those from Bugs Section).

So no need to individually go to the Bugs Section, you see ALL of them from the main DISCUSSIONS.

For reference, along the top is “Language” - “Categories” - “Discussions” ...

Sure, using main Discussions will be populated with some Alliance Recruitment posts (because shows everything), but that way you don’t have to selectively go and visit several different Categories each time.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Look at the stickies in the bugs section....

*They’ve been doing this for quite some time.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/195270/known-issues-current-version-27-0#latest
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Look at the stickies in the bugs section....

*They’ve been doing this for quite some time.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/195270/known-issues-current-version-27-0#latest

This is true. They started doing this in April 2019. Honestly, I think it was a big step forward. However, it isn't updated very often and isn't an exhaustive list, which are the biggest shortfalls of the list.

@DrZola is correct...the point of the original post was to get a sense as to why that section isn't more frequently visited among the regulars in the General Discussion area. I think we all want to see bugs fixed in this game and as such, I thought the Bugs section would be more popular among the regulars. I think streamlining the section could help get bugs noticed/addressed fix faster, which would make life easier for everyone. I thought a discussion was a good place to start.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    The Known Issues thread serves the purpose of detailing the status of issues that have been reported, confirmed and likely have a resolution on the way. Adding any additional complexity to the section or the known issues list isn't something that we are looking to do at this time.

The best way to contribute to making the section valuable for us and everyone is to post detailed reports about issues if you encounter them and to be patient when waiting for a reply.
This discussion has been closed.