**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help button freezing game after maintenance [Merged]

FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Come on, Kabam. Can you do nothing right? Now the Request Help button in the arena is acting crazy and freezing the game after the 10/21 maintenance. When I hit the green button, sometimes the champ just stays there and does not move to the bottom of the champ list. And sometimes it does nothing and the game freezes, forcing me to close and re-open the game.

This is extremely frustrating. It is hard to get motivated to play a game that doesn’t work. What a waste.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I was doing my alliance help, and tapping the help 4 button helped one person. I tested multiple times with the same result.

• So, sometimes it just gets into that funky state (only giving 1 help at a time).
    Just like it often will start giving the “Connection” icon and be a delay each time before responding.
    Restarting game corrects that 1-help issue.
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    At least you’re able to hit the help button lol anytime I have the loyalty bar maxed I can’t help anymore, I can hit it but it won’t function as it should.
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★

Nothing wrong with my help button.

BUT, there's a slight glitch when hitting the + on the champs right after using them in arena. Rather than moving to the bottom, the last one stays in place until you select the next team to run.

Same happening to me with an added bug. Sometimes it does what you describe. But sometimes it just freezes the game and I have to close out and re-open. Very frustrating.
    Just froze up the game again. That is about five times since the maintenance. What fun!
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Dude I was just about to post about the several issues with that help request in the arena. It froze the game once for me as well. And when it didn't, the game was still acting up.

Took a few screens to show what's up. Basically you request help but the champ doesn't get out of the way. The timer on my energy shows the time is passing and nothing happens. This is something minor of course, the worst is when you press help and the game freezes and all you can do is kill the app and restart it. I actually recorded that happening but I don't know how to post it here
    And again. So much fun.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    yep same here .. took video of it .. I'll upload tomorrow.

for me .. help 4 crashes.. but individual help button seems ok
  • FlonknurpleFlonknurple Posts: 6
    edited October 2020
    I have help at 960 right now. When I click the “help 4” button I get immediately disconnected. It’s happened 6 times in a row now.
    But, when I did two individual helps and got it to 1000 then the “help 4” button worked fine.
    One more time. Only got two matches in that time.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Ok, it’s crashing when you hit the “Help 4” button but you have already earned more than 920 loyalty per day.

If you help one at a time, it still works.

Once you get to 1000 loyalty earned, the “Help 4” button works again without crashing the game.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Yeah, once you get to 1000, the “help 4” works just fine.

So use help one to get the last few helps for 1000
    Prof Hoff just posted a video of the bug.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    FabiusBR said:

Prof Hoff just posted a video of the bug.

The game has like 10+ bugs since the new update, wouldn’t be surprised if we get comp for all these issues.
  • Same problem here
  • HeterminusHeterminus Posts: 80
    zeezee57 said:

I've had to restart 3 times now hitting the help button, exactly what brought me here

X2
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Arena is really jacked now. Lag and refresh issues with Help were the start, now connection issues between matching.

Can we just get rid of the help feature already?