**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OG Hulk bug

hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
So basically, hulk has an 85% chance to stun on all special attacks. By pairing him with OG black widow, he is supposed to gain an additional 20-25% chance to stun on special attacks. If this is a flat addition, he should have a 105-110% chance to stun on special attacks. If this is a compound addition, he should have a 102-106.25% chance to stun on special attacks. In any scenario, he should be landing the stun every single time he throws a special attack unless his ability accuracy is being decreased in some way. However, this is simply not the case. He is landing the stun like 85% of the time WITH the OG black widow synergy. Without said synergy, it feels more like 60%. So either Hulk himself is bugged, or the synergy is bugged, or both, but either way, if and when it does get fixed, he better be landing that stun 100% of the time (unless he's affected by AAR at least).

If you're wondering why I'm complaining about OG Hulk of all characters being bugged, check out this video and you'll see why it's such a nuisance.

https://youtu.be/VEf4wfLSM2Y

Comments

• FastastheflashFastastheflash Posts: 17
    This happened to me too lol. @Kabam Miike
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★

Hey there, just to confirm, the synergy doesn't increase Hulk's chance to Stun by 25%, but rather gives Champions on the team a chance to Stun when they use a Special Attack. This chance is separate from any other abilities that have a chance to activate during the Special, including other Stuns. So in Hulk's case, he'd have an 85% chance to activate a Stun from his Special Attacks and a 25% chance to activate a separate Stun from the synergy when he uses his Specials. Hope that helps clear things up!

so in other words, hulk doesn't gain anything from this synergy?
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    herm said:

Hey there, just to confirm, the synergy doesn't increase Hulk's chance to Stun by 25%, but rather gives Champions on the team a chance to Stun when they use a Special Attack. This chance is separate from any other abilities that have a chance to activate during the Special, including other Stuns. So in Hulk's case, he'd have an 85% chance to activate a Stun from his Special Attacks and a 25% chance to activate a separate Stun from the synergy when he uses his Specials. Hope that helps clear things up!

He gains the same benefit as everyone else does. A random 25% chance separate from his normal 85%.

I've even tested Og Hulk with the She Hulk + DD synergy that adds another +15% and he still doesn't stun 100% of the time. The She Hulk synergy says it ADDS 15% stun ability acc which is either 85+15 = 100 or 15% of 85 which is 12.75. So 12.75 + 85 = 97.75 and he feels like he's not stunning way more than 2.25% of the time.
  • IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    edited March 2021
    herm said:

Use OG BW and Quake synergy or She-Hulk and OG DD.
  • Sounds like from Zibiit that there is 2 separate “rolls”. One for an 85% chance, and a 2nd roll for a 25% chance.
    So if the 85% roll doesn’t hit, you still have a 25% chance (of that remaining original 15%) as a 2nd chance. Which basically adds only another 3.75% chance onto the original 85, making overall 88.75% chance to stun on SP.
    Saiyan said:

herm said:

He gains the same benefit as everyone else does. A random 25% chance separate from his normal 85%.

I've even tested Og Hulk with the She Hulk + DD synergy that adds another +15% and he still doesn't stun 100% of the time. The She Hulk synergy says it ADDS 15% stun ability acc which is either 85+15 = 100 or 15% of 85 which is 12.75. So 12.75 + 85 = 97.75 and he feels like he's not stunning way more than 2.25% of the time.
    Yeah I tried the same synergy lol
    Ikthulis said:

herm said:

Use OG BW and Quake synergy or She-Hulk and OG DD.
    OG black widow and Quake's synergy only applies to them
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    It reads to me that Hulk has an 85% chance to stun, if that fails to apply then the 25% roll is tried.

Two completely separate events.
  • HI_guys said:

Sounds like from Zibiit that there is 2 separate “rolls”. One for an 85% chance, and a 2nd roll for a 25% chance.
    So if the 85% roll doesn’t hit, you still have a 25% chance (of that remaining original 15%) as a 2nd chance. Which basically adds only another 3.75% chance onto the original 85, making overall 88.75% chance to stun on SP.

If it is actually a successive roll then the chance to stun on a special one becomes 96.25%. I'm taking it 85% chance on a special and a second roll if the first fails with a 25% chance
    No matter which one you consider 1st “roll” and 2nd “roll”, overall chance of stun succeeding comes out the same.

So let's switch the order to what you used.
    25% chance first roll stuns, so 75% chance it does not.
    So of that 75% failed odds, 2nd roll has 85% chance of success (.75 * .85 = .6375). Then add that to the first roll of 25% and you come out with same .8875 chance as I mentioned when I originally calculated with different order of the rolls (.85 first, then .25).