**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New champion balance questions. Update needed

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
The plan originally was to start the testing of the nerf/buff for the new champs in mid June but it got pushed back 1 month so is it starting mid July instead which should be very soon?

Black Cat was the first on the docket but I don't see any reason to buff or nerf her in anyway so what happens now? We get an extra buff for an existing champ lol?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    The champions get balanced 6 months after their release. That means we will see the balance of her likely in October.

Also I'm pretty sure they said if no balance is needed, then they'll buff a different champion.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    Ah yes, I forgot that this is a thing. Thanks for the reminder
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

The champions get balanced 6 months after their release. That means we will see the balance of her likely in October.

Yes but the beta test for the changes take place 3 months after they've been released
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

The plan originally was to start the testing of the nerf/buff for the new champs in mid June but it got pushed back 1 month so is it starting mid July instead which should be very soon?

Black Cat was the first on the docket but I don't see any reason to buff or nerf her in anyway so what happens now? We get an extra buff for an existing champ lol?

If you believe they’re going to keep on strict timeline they themselves set, I have a roadmap you should read.
    All the more reason to get an update on this
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

They said that if a new champion was performing perfectly without any need for change, those resources will be folded back into buffing up another champion
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Also I'm pretty sure they said if no balance is needed, then they'll buff a different champion.

Only if they decide any balancing needs to happen. If they're performing to the levels they expected, no action will be taken but yes, we won't know anything until January ish.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

If you believe they’re going to keep on strict timeline they themselves set, I have a roadmap you should read.
    Road maps don't have strick time lines....
  • Options
    We have some updated information on this, posted here!
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    There is a new announcement.. BlackCat and Scorpion seem to be spared from adjustments (stay as is)..
    Rework for Juggernaut, next Antman and, later followed by Rocket Racoon
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We have some updated information on this, posted here!

if i understand well, all we have to do is not use Thorette to demonstrate her rework was meh and she will get a new rework ? ^perhaps a complete and real rework this time ?
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    How groot keeps getting passed up is crazy. Easily worst champion in the game.